The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Horse Riding Accident

Nahla · 15 · 2118

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey guys,as you might know I went horse camping.

I am now back,and I bring a bruised knee,sprained ankle,cut up leg and a lump on the head.

Heres what happened.

I was riding my horse (for the camp)  Hobby along the trail,we were on a hill but everything was going fine,till suddenly a  rabbit dashed across the path scaring Hobby. who reared up. I fell but my foot got caught in the stirrup. Hobby bolted dragging me with her down the hill. When my foot finally slipped I had been drug for about 4 minutes. I was unconscious for a few minutes and when I woke up,it hurt it really hurt. Luckily I was wearing a helmet or it would of been a lot worst.Hobby could of easily of trampled me to death as well. But you know the saying "You gotta fall off 7 times before you can really call yourself a rider". This would be fall number 2...5 more to go.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ouch! Glad to hear you're relatively ok! No fractures or the like, phew.

Hope everything heals up soon :) I would personally be terrified of horses after such an experience... Wait, I am :P: Hopefully you can just get along with Hobby afterwards just fine :)

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh my goodness, Talesse! That sounds really, really bad! I was actually thinking of taking up horse riding again, but you've just put me off. :p

Being dragged across the ground for around 4 minutes sounds really painful. I haven't experienced it myself, nor would I want to. I hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly and that you're not too bad now. *hug*

Make sure Zimmy looks after you in the meantime. :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Oh wow. Sounds like you could have broken a leg too. I'm glad you're okay, and that you aren't put off horse-riding! Did you get your head checked out, just to make sure you didn't get any serious damage?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh my...! I already suspected the worst when I read the title but luckily you're not too seriously hurt *whew*
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh ouch! Something like that happened to my sister, but it wasn't as serious as yours. I hope you're doing okay, Nahla. Get some well-earned rest and get spoiled the heck out of^^
Makes a great story though. You can say, "I was fighting off kangaroos" or something, or "You should see the other guy"
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know that feel, bro. I've had some pretty bad falls riding too. You're really lucky that it wasn't any worse. Glad that you're okay!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That sounds bad and very painful.  I do hope you heal well and quickly, good luck with that. I guess with how things turned out it could have been a lot worst.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I am sorry to hear about your accident, but I am relieved to hear that your injuries are relatively minor.  I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
They took me to the hospital and the doctors said I escaped serious injury but they also said if I did not have a helmet it was very likely I would of been killed which is scary.

I'll never give up riding,it's my life,but thats not to say I am shaken cause I am.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I had a horse attempt to throw me off a few years ago, but I held on for dear life yelling something along the lines of "Whoa, horsey!" :lol.  I'm not scared of them either.  Heck, I've stood up to a charging full-grown black bear :p.  I do have a healthy respect for animals though, especially the larger ones.

Glad to hear you weren't too busted up :).

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Glad to hear you're okay.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yikes!  :o Well, I'm glad you had a helmet on then, but hope you recover from the injuries you did get.

One of the girls I went to middle school with had a horse riding accident; somehow the horse rolled over her legs and all she had to show for it was a giant bruise that took months to heal!  So minor injuries from traumatic incidents like this isn't too unheard of.

Zimba

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Poor Nahla,poor poor Nahla I don't blame you for being shaken.

Helmets are such a simple yet life saving thing.