The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Epic Mickey

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just bought it. A few hours in and I'm hooked. The game has simple yet highly interactive controls and settings and the story is just awsome!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I plan on getting this for Christmas.  It looks like a great game.

I don't know why, but for some reason, Disney has always been able to bring out good games since the NES.  How do they do that?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Not entirely sure if I'll play this game. At the moment I don't know much about it or what the gameplay style is like. So I'll check out some YT vids first and see if it's to my liking.

Even if I end up wanting to play, I will have to delay it. The charger for the wiimotes isn't working well so I need to get a new one. As of now, we have only two wiimotes and one does not work anymore and the other one won't charge anymore. So once that one goes, we have no way of playing the Wii.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I migt get this game too, looks like fun..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just bought it tonight, will play it this week..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've only heard of this game and saw the opening sequence of it on Unskippable....and I still don't understand it.  So I have to agree with Graham and Paul in saying that Mickey is a little trouble maker.  Breaking into Yensid's place, messing with forces he has no clue about....which turns around, grabs him and pulls him into a swirling vortex of doom-like thing....drop him onto the ground, thus killing him :p

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Despite what critics have said about this game, I'm still intrigued as to how it plays. As much as I'll watch video reviews of games purely coz I'm probably bored doing coursework, I'd still want to try this out. Controls and camera are said to behave erratically, aiming isn't as precise as it should be and it is just far too generic (so I've heard). That being said, I've never been one to take critics views as gospel. Epic Mickey is on my wishlist to get (along with like 6/7 other titles out or due out soon  :rolleyes: ). Would rather see it first hand for myself and make my judgement that way... all in good time ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just saw a video that depicts the making of this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/the-maki...c-mickey/708545

Wow!  I don't think I've ever seen a game with so much history to one thing as this one.

Disney's History is SO big, you can't even fit it on a Blu-ray Disc.  If they go for a PS3 version, there's a lot more to add, but they STILL wouldn't have enough space on the dang thing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The big lie that's floating around on this game?

Often, it's the camera that kills you

LIE!  Big fat lie!  You obviously don't know that the camera is set to the Control Pad on the Wiimote and works quite well!  I've played quite far into the game and not once have I had a problem with the camera.

Anyways, this is a great game!  I'm not done yet and I'm still hooked.  I've even been told that the choices you make within the game ultimately effect the ending.  I wonder how it all works in this one.

Now obviously, the Magic Brush that spouts paint and thinner is a very powerful and dangerous weapon in this world.  If you actually use this on any of the characters you run into often, you can ultimately kill them with the thinner.  Makes me wonder how doing that would effect the game as a whole.  I'm not willing to experiment with that just yet.

The choice system is one thing that will really make me want to play it over and over just to see what would happen if I made a different choice than the last time.

I'm still hooked and I'll likely replay it once I beat it. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I wouldn't say it's a "big fat lie". It's probable that many people have had issues with the camera. Just because you don't have any problems with it doesn't mean other people haven't.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I beat this game a few hours ago and I must say that the ending was rather good.  Now, I'm not sure how the ending changes depending on the choices you make, but I am willing to go through the game again just to find out.  I've got a few theories as to what might happen, but I'll just see as I go.

On top of this, once you beat it and play the ending through, you start the game back at the very beginning, which allows you to go through a different combination of choices to see what kind of ending you get the next time around.

The ending I got?  Not telling! ;) I'll just say that it was probably one of the better endings.  I don't know what you'll have to do to get a "bad ending", but we'll see when I get to experimenting.

Fact is, this is a really good game, and it's already getting severely underrated by critics?  Really?  A part of me just believes that some of those critics just don't like Mickey, but I don't know.  Call it a hunch.

Anyways, yeah, this is a really good game and I feel people should play it.  It's definitely worth the time.  Plus, in the end, you'll come out of it with a whole new perspective on Mickey.  At least, I sure did.

That wraps up this game.  See ya later!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I just landed Epic Mickey this weekend (got it for 20 quid 2nd hand so can't complain). First impressions are... okay. There are a few niggles that slow the game down a bit but I think the critics were a little harsh in their judgement of it. The camera is irritatingly slow to rotate and the C button snapping isn't as accurate as it should but the frame stays relatively centralised (better than Sonic Team but that's not saying much :p). The combat's a bit finicky I've found. The spin attack is too short to be effective (either you swing, miss coz it's too short then get hit or get hit and coz they're that close you then swing and hit them :p). Using the paint and thinner is alright but doesn't really aspire to much in the way of "pulse-pounding" encounters. The threat is almost nullified coz everything I've fought so far need to be at melee range to do damage (apart from a few enemies that lob stuff at you).

Aside from the interface, the game design is pretty darn good. The Wasteland looks nice and twisted and the use of paint and thinner to interact with the world around actually works quite well I've found so far. The game isn't as unplayable as critics have made it out to be, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm liking the dives into old Disney cartoons and playing sections of them, that's a nice touch. Haven't really experienced much of the whole "moral choice" aspect of the game yet but I'm looking forward to seeing what Epic Mickey has got left to show.