The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

After the Storm Discussion

Nick22 · 18 · 3230

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
This is for discussing the characters , plot and ideas for " After The Storm". I think we simply forgot to put a thread like this up back in 2019 when we started.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, we just leapt into it, haha. I'll post an updated character sheet for Emilena:

Name: Emilena Echo
Species: Anthro Fox
Weapons: Pistol
Appearance: Used to look like this, but her fur has paled and her hair is now gray. She's also lost a fair amount of her muscle and is far more frail than in her active duty years.
Augments: Her left hand contains a cybernetically-reinforced skeleton, and her right is a fully-mechanical prosthetic. Both are covered in standard or artificial fur and are not noticeable to the naked eye. 
Personality: Emilena was an orphan, the fifth who volunteered for a controversial "growth acceleration" process, designed to cut down on homeless children by rapidly aging them to adulthood. While successful, the process appears to have had some unintended side effects and she is currently aging far more rapidly than expected. She has retired from the public life following the events of Racing the Storm, but still occasionally visits Tony to chat about old times.

-----------------------
I also have a secondary villain new to this RP:

Name: Storch
Species: Anthro Bat
Appearance: A slim, grey-haired, black furred and silver-eyed bat. He stands at 5'9'' and has quite a wing span, allowing him to fly very fast and silently. His wings can fold against his arms and sides when he's on the ground. He wears black combat jeans, a sideless assault vest and knee pads.
Weapons: Has a Bushmaster ACR with the 18.5 inch sniper barrel attachment.  For close-quarters combat he carries an M6A2 PSD.  Both of his rifles use the same 6.8 MM round giving them good range and firepower. He also carries EMP grenades to equalize the playing field when fighting Augmented targets.
Augments: N/A
Personality:  Storch is a cool and calm bat. He always reacts calmly to everything going around him and has a sniper's patience. He was in the military most of his life, and turned to bounty-hunting when he grew too old to serve. For Storch, urban combat is just a way of life, and he feels most at home crouched in a dark corner with his eye pressed against a scope.

----------------------
(Also, just cause I want to show it off, I made artwork of Flora as well but she's not in this RP in any way.)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 01:23:45 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wowza.  Flora looks AMAZING

Hi Starfall!! It's great to see you again :D And thanks! I admit I didn't draw the base, there's a website called thisfursonadoesnotexist.com which generates ownership-free fursonas. I scrolled until I found a base I liked and then recolored/retouched it up in Photoshop. I highly recommend it for character portraits!

(Let me know if you ever want to jump back into RPing, me and nick have been meaning to revive Around the Folf)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, i'd be down, since it'll be a good way back into things!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Awesome! We just have to figure out what we want the plot to be, nick and I kinda fell off the boat with the "treasure hunt" storyline

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
So Nick and Starfall, I have a suggestion for Around the Folf (figure I'd just post it here since AtF doesn't have a discussion thread and there are only four users across both of these RPs):

Flora betrayed Sartonic Labs earlier in the RP, and I can imagine they aren't too happy about that. Maybe they send some of their best test subjects after the team to kill/capture them, and Yurei enrolls as one of them, but just so he can defect and warn Flora's team of what's going on? I think that'd be cool because then we could occasionally have the team get ambushed by psionic goons going forward, for some badass psion-vs-psion combat fights.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 05:00:13 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh, I am all for that idea! 
Heck, may even get to give Yurei his injury from the stories!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great idea. That definitely works. its not something she would tell her friends.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Awesome! I'll get a resurrection post up later today. Probably gonna timeskip to the group staying in some sort of desert town, a good place for a psionic ambush

Edit: Post up!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:14:37 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I wrote another novel! Antechoir is an extremely-loose adaptation of Racing the Storm and After the Storm. This RP was difficult to novelize due to the source material being really disjointed; I admit its mostly just concepts and plot similarities that survived (a globe-trotting chase, protagonists holing out in South American countries, and an overall militant theme.)

As always, you can see all peripheral media in the Into the Black Codex.

This closes out my novelizations of the various RPs; at this point, I've adapted every RP into novel form. If you read it, please let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:22:58 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Here's one last novel wrapping up the Sartonic storyline I started in Echo Chambers! It doesn't fit really well with the new storyline we've started in Around the Folf (but then again, neither does the end of Echo Chambers), I just wanted to see Emilena and Flora share a storyline again. In this one, Emilena arrives in Sartonic after her adventures chronicled in After the Storm, looking for her long-lost gang member. At the same time, Sartonic cranks up its efforts to recapture Flora and her runaway friends, who find themselves fighting teams of psionic hitmen determined to bring them back...alive or dead.

Without further ado, I present Code Fuchsia! This is likely to be my last novel written in this universe, it was a blast to write all these over the years. But you never know, there might be more coming someday! (I can't get the idea of a novel starring Emile and Lena during the Scorched Earth War out of my head...)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:38:32 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sounds great LBT!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on June 13, 2021, 05:03:17 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on June 13, 2021, 05:03:17 AM
(I can't get the idea of a novel starring Emile and Lena during the Scorched Earth War out of my head...)

Hahah, well, it turns out the idea just wouldn't leave, so here`s one final story, set 27 years before Into the Black! This one stars Emile and Lena (Emilena's parents) during the Scorched Earth War, a prelimiary event we've mentioned repeatedly across the RPs but never actually shown. Hope you enjoy!

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Wrote another story just because I wanted to give Rose the spotlight for a change! "Rose's Bluff" stars our favorite stripper five years before we first meet her in Into the Black. Desperate to turn her life around, she accepts a dangerous courier assignment from Dr. Jiang in exchange for her first-ever augment, which would open doors to better jobs and a safer life...if she survives.

If you have time to read it, I'd love to hear what you think  :lol:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
One last story! (I know, I keep saying that :P) The Crystal Ship bridges my novelizations of Racing the Storm and After the Storm. Emilena has fled her past life and now lives in Argentina under a false identity. While working as a salvage diver, she stumbles across a mystery within a sunken Scorched Earth warship and has to grapple between her investigative instincts and her fear of doing anything that might unearth her crime-ridden past. Hope you enjoy!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hi guys. i'm reco0vering from eye surgery earlier this month. i should be back to rping by the start of July
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 08:48:39 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I hope the surgery went smoothly Nick! I'll be available whenever you're back in the saddle :D