The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Geometric Ponderings

rhombus · 131 · 18052

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
One more question: how many months did you spend to write Seven Hunters story?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you know how you'd rate each of them on a scale out of 10? (if not, that's fine)

Hmmm.... I don't think I can really answer that question reliably, as my daily mood would probably shift the rating significantly.  I can say that only one that would get a 9.5 or above would be the first film.

hmm... can I ask what parts of TV series made you like it so much so you placed it so high on your ranking list? 

I think it is more the unrealized potential provided by the inclusion of Chomper and Ruby that caused my ranking to be so high.  This is in addition to the potential shown by the shorter, more topical episodes as compared to the films.  In terms of animation quality and consistency with the plot developments of the films it would certainly not have earned such a high rating.

Have you ever been infected by any type of malware on your computer?

A few times, especially back in the pre-Windows XP days.  This is why, despite not having an overt infection for many years, I have retained a strong sense of paranoia when it comes to the maintenance and security of my computer. :p

You now possess the ability to change your eye color to whatever hue you want. What would you opt for, perchance?

I would keep my eyes their current color, which is blue.

One more question: how many months did you spend to write Seven Hunters story?

It took me around 15 months if you include the 1.5 month planning period (the planning document was 40,000 words) and the writing of the first 5 chapters before a single chapter was posted online.  The entire story itself was posted over a one year period.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What method of learning helps you retain information the most?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What method of learning helps you retain information the most?

For me that depends on the type of knowledge which I am trying to gain.  If the information is in the form of raw data (like the capitals of countries around the world) then a good spaced-repetition notecard program is my preferred method of rote memorization.  For knowledge that requires more context I prefer the strategy of reading a good summary of the information and then solidifying my retention of that knowledge by utilizing appropriate secondary sources, such as videos or the direct use of such information in a dissection or experimentation.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
What are your favorite toppings on pizza?
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What are your favorite toppings on pizza?

I have two combinations that are among my favorite, though they are pretty much mutually exclusive:

Variant 1: Red peppers, cayenne pepper, pepperoncini peppers, jalapeno peppers, and Tabasco hot sauce.

Variant 2: Garlic pieces, goat cheese, and diced cherry tomatoes.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
Which of your OCs is your least favorite? Excluding ones that were made as food for the hunters (lowercase because all the hunters included - not just the pack) :lol

If you had to pick a partner in crime and Calin, Questor, and Wrok were the three choices...which one would you choose?

And is there anyone who could consistently/constantly out-taunt Taunt? :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Which of your OCs is your least favorite? Excluding ones that were made as food for the hunters (lowercase because all the hunters included - not just the pack) :lol

That is a tough one.  There are a few OCs that I think that I underused or that I couldn't really develop the way that I had intended.  But if I had to pick a single OC it would probably be Galek as he was created merely to round out the initial part of the rainbowface storyline (they were originally meant to simply disappear in my original plan for the Seven Hunters) and due to this he was not as well developed as he could have been.

If you had to pick a partner in crime and Calin, Questor, and Wrok were the three choices...which one would you choose?

It would definitely have to be Wrok. :p  He has loyalty to those who stay loyal to him and he also has a good deal of reasoning abilities.  Calin on the other hand is more unpredictable and is a sociopath, whereas Questor is driven by his view of his own destiny.

And is there anyone who could consistently/constantly out-taunt Taunt? :lol

This man:

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Since the fourth act of TSH was very on-the-spur and it was implied being being subverted that Leap and not Verok would be the one of the three to fall when escaping, do yo see a scenario where a Verok and Haven pairing would work in some bizarre alternate universe? :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
If you were given three wishes, what would those be?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
**Blows dust off of the topic**

It is now that time again.  That time when I rediscover this topic and get back to answering questions belatedly.  :bestsharptooth

Coffee or tea? :Mo

Both :p Though I prefer coffee in the morning and tea after noon.

Since the fourth act of TSH was very on-the-spur and it was implied being being subverted that Leap and not Verok would be the one of the three to fall when escaping, do yo see a scenario where a Verok and Haven pairing would work in some bizarre alternate universe? :p

Hmmmm... What do you think, Ducky?

:sducky

On a more serious note, I suppose it could be possible.  All three siblings (Swift, Verok, and Leap) had the same upbringing, though Verok was noticeably stronger and more assertive than his brother. So a Haven/Verok relationship would be different, but it would not be outside the real of possibility.

If you were given three wishes, what would those be?

Wish #1: "I wish that you were free, Genie."

I have seen how these stories end, with unintended consequences and all. Sometimes the only winning move with wishes is not to play.  :PCera
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:26:31 PM by rhombus »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
What does Rhombus mean or what/who inspired it? 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What does Rhombus mean or what/who inspired it? 

It is a bit of a humorous story. When I was making my XBox Live Account many years ago it seemed that everything that I picked was taken. So, finally, after much frustration I picked Rhombus followed by a bunch of numbers and I was able to get an account name that was taken. When I finally made an account here I simply reused the name Rhombus, as I felt it was probably unique enough.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Do you like horror games?

I played a bit of Five Nights at Freddy's, but generally horror is not a genre that I play much.  I do make an exception for roleplaying games set in a horror genre, however, such as Call of Cthulhu and Vampire: the Masquerade.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or an extrovert?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Definitely an introvert.  :yes I might come across as a bit more outgoing online, but in real life I tend to be quite low-key and introverted.