The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Stardust anything

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I don't have my driver's license, and I've never been much of a "cars" guy anyway. But I do remember seeing a Pikachu car once and thinking it was really cool. If I had to pick a dream car for myself, though, then probably the flying Delorean from Back to the Future Part II. Still one of my all-time favourite movies. :DD

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

I don't have my driver's license.

Why not? I honestly thought you would for a long time now based on your age. I hope nothing is terribly wrong occurred. :(
Perhaps its not really needed where you live?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Right now I'm only taking driving lessons. I've been to quite many already, so I feel like I have learned a great deal. The thing that worries me the most is the test I have to take. And I drive with a manual.  ;)

What word is a lot of fun to say?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ ImpracticalDino: Nah, nothing overtly wrong happened. But there are a few different reasons why I don't drive...

1) Probably the biggest reason is because owning a vehicle is so expensive. It's less that I'm concerned with the initial cost, and more that the idea of yearly car insurance is a big turn-off. I don't have enough of an income right now to be able to comfortably afford it. Granted, I could probably simply borrow my mother's jeep if I did drive. However...

2) My mom and brother already share the jeep between them (as my brother doesn't own a vehicle of his own), and between the two of them they use it quite a lot. If I used it as well, then that'd be three of us sharing one vehicle, which could make things overly complicated and/or be inconvenient, or else it might simply limit how much I could use the jeep. This isn't as major of an issue as all my other reasons, but it is something I've thought about.

3) I'll admit I'm uneasy with the mere idea of driving. The intricacies of the road and dealing with other people's road rage is something I'm apprehensive about. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I got used to driving, but all the same, I've never had a strong desire to want to drive, not even when I was younger.

4) Sort or related to the above. There actually was a brief time several years ago when I was learning how to drive and my mother was teaching me, so I have had a bit of practice with it, but I ultimately never really got into it.

5) Overall, I'm not in a position where I need to be driving anyway. There are friends and family members who are generous enough to give me rides if necessary, but otherwise I'm able to just walk or take the bus anywhere I need to go.

@ Anagnos: "Photosynthesis" is the first word that popped into my head, although I don't think I've used it since high school. :P In more recent years, I'd probably go with "drastically"; I just like the way it sounds for some reason.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:59:03 AM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Contrary to you, I'm actually ecstatic to start driving! So, I want to learn as soon as the law lets me. :)
I am thinking that driving seems very easy based on my observations, but is it harder than it looks?
Anyways, I hope you're able to get past that uneasiness! :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I can say that when I'm driving I usually get nervous. Fortunately, it has gotten better compared to when I first began to drive. Just listen to your teacher and even if you make a mistake, that's okay. We learn best by making them, right?  ;)

What would you name your boat if you had one?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ ImpracticalDino: Mmm, no, I wouldn't say it's harder than it looks. At least, not based off my experiences with it. For my aforementioned reasons, I just didn't get into driving for very long, and currently it's not something I'm actively pursuing. But we'll see what the future holds.

@ Anagnos: I was originally going to say "Treestar", but I don't know if that would be a good name for a water vehicle, per say. So I might go with "Stardust" instead.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you have any guilty pleasures?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For the most part, not really, as the things I genuinely enjoy aren't things I feel guilty about. But if I had to give one example, the Vanilla Ice song "Play That Funky Music" comes to mind. The lyrics are incredibly corny, and I'm normally not much of a hip-hop guy anyway. Yet I really enjoy that song all the same because it's just so fun and catchy. :P

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you play any board games? If so, name a favorite if you have one.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, I do play board games. Not that often, but I enjoy it when I do.

Even though I hadn't thought about it in a while, "Buzz and Flutter's Big Electronic Game Book" popped into my head the moment I saw your question. That might be my favourite board game, or at least one of them. It's quite obscure and I haven't played it in years now, but I remember as a kid me and my mother used to have a lot of fun with it.

In fact, you've inspired me. I think I'm going to go order another copy of it so I can play it again for old time's sake.

Anyway, you can read about the game here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/278478/buzz-and-flutters-big-electronic-game-book

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like spicy food?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yes, I enjoy it quite a bit. I also have a higher-than-average tolerance for spicy foods in general.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like to drink Coca-Cola or any sodas for that matter?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ohhh yes! I enjoy soda too much. In fact, I've had a soft drink addiction for many years now, although I am slowly trying to cut back and not drink it so often.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Same here friend. I love soda! But I have also cut back a bit in the recent years.

Have you done any homemade cooking before?

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?  :^^spike

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@ ImpracticalDino: Yes, although it tends to be pretty basic. Mostly either Sidekicks (a brand of pasta), or else I like to fry up a pack of bacon. Or sometimes I'll prefer beef for tacos. Generally I'm just not the biggest fan of cooking, but once in a while I like to branch out and try something new.

@ Anagnos: Doesn't appeal to me much. I enjoy pineapple by itself, but the sweetness of pineapple doesn't mesh well with the saltiness of pizza, imo. There are other sweet/salty food combinations I enjoy, but that isn't one of them. But then again, I generally don't like lots of different ingredients on my pizza anyway. Either basic cheese pizza or simple pepperoni are my favourite pizzas, although I am fine with various other meats like ham and bacon bits.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would you rather live in an urban, suburban, or rural area?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Suburban, which is where I live right now. Although I'm sure that's largely because it's what I've lived in for all my life and it's what I'm used to. Conversely, my father and step-mother, who grew up in rural environments, prefer it there.