The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rattie Tribute

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

Caramel passed away today...... to join Marble....... :cry Domino and I are devastated........... I've been crying practically all day......

I drew this for both Caramel and Marble. Had to make sure the picture wouldn't get wet since the tears didn't wanna stop.....so I held it vertical most of the time. Behold, chibi ratties..... :(

I think the extra-shaky handwriting gave away how much I was choking up, but I tried to make it as neat as I could........

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I;m sorry to hear that. When I lost my old dog Murphy i wasa miserable for weeks until we brought home Chloe :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry FBS,

Don't worry about the messy handwriting, it's understandable. It's very good. I would be happier, but this news has put me in a bit of a downer mood. :(

I know what it's like losing pets, and I know how hard it is but, Caramel is in a better place now, and she (or he?) wouldn't want you to be sad, she (or he?) would want you to be happy, and Domino too. Don't worry, everything will get better. :(  *hugz*

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry for you, FlipperBoidSkua. :cry I too know what it's like to lose a beloved pet. *hugs*

Wonderful picture, by the way. The rats are very cute. And I'd say the shaky handwriting is, if anything, a testament to how emotionally affected you were by Caramel's passing; it makes the tribute all the more affectionate.

Here's to Caramel. And Marble too. Two wonderful pets who will not be forgotten.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to cheer you up.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. *group hug* Last night was one of the toughest nights I ever had...I could barely get to sleep and it didn't help that I kept listening to Like You from Evanescence.... I probably won't be acting spazzy for a while.  :(

But, you're right LBTD, gotta stay strong for Domino's sake; she's probably taking it worse than me, it's her first time all alone. *is cuddling the little rattie* Great, more tears.... :cry

Here's to Caramel. And Marble too. Two wonderful pets who will not be forgotten.

*definitely chokes up reading that* :cry  :cry  :cry No, they'll never be forgotten... They were such fun and loving little girls. Why do rats always have to have such short lives...we were so happy together, now they're gone.... and they're never coming back again... :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

Sorry... Nick, LBTD, Pangaea, thanks for the support and not scoffing over how many tears I'm pouring over a rat... You have no idea how much I appreciate it. *hugs again* :,)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
*hugz* I would never scoff at you for crying over a rat! Even if I don't like rats much, the were your pets and you loved them, that's all that matters. I'm sorry about this, but they'll always be in your heart. *hugz again*

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ I second that! There's nothing silly or wrong about crying over any kind of pet, as far as I'm concerned. I remember in 2006, I spent possibly hours shedding tears over the death of our pet Triops, Al (a species of desert shrimp whose natural lifespan is only a few months long). I even attempted writing a eulogy for him (though I soon gave up on it), and gave him a little burial ceremony in the backyard.

And you're very welcome. :) *joins group hug*

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's good to know that I'm not the only one to feel emotional attachment to an 'insignificant' pet; all pets are important, no matter the species. :,)

You guys are the greatest. I can't thank you all enough for the support. This is the first time I came to this thread without having a complete breakdown. Still some tears though, but it's progress. Thanks.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hope you'll be feeling better soon.. :(
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Same here FBS. :(

It's nice to hear that your making progress with this, but it's okay that you broke down, it's your natural emotions of sadness and love. You loved Caramel, so you let out all your sadness for her in your drawing, and in your emotions. It's okay to cry, it's prefectly natural. As human beings, it's who we are. Annnd I'm getting all sentimental. I'm always happy to help you through this kind of stuff. Your welcme.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anytime, FBS. :)

I hope you feel better soon. The GOF just isn't the same without your spazziness. :D Again, if you think it would help if you talked to someone, or just need an outlet for your feelings, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to listen to anything you have to say. :yes

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
*hugs some more*

I'm trying to bring back my spazziness for this forum, especially since I've been lacking true activity these past few days... Although my spazziness is currently on hold in real life, I have a theory that if I keep bringing my spazziness here, it'll help me get back to normal in rl... So I'mma try my best to be myself here; aka being hyper, and random, and always using more emoticons than necessary. I'm hoping my theory will prove true because I think I'm running out of tears; I might end up dehydrating myself through crying if that's even possible.

Again, if you think it would help if you talked to someone, or just need an outlet for your feelings, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to listen to anything you have to say.

Much obliged. It's weird for me, cuz I'm usually the one listening to other people vent because I find the whole thing fascinating. Now I'll probably be the one who'll be bothering other people with vents of my own.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The forum would be weird if we didn't have your spazziness! It makes me smile everyday. I think that if you bring it back, you'll feel better. ;)

As Pangaea said, if you need anyone to talk to, or if you need anyone to listen to you, or if you simply just need a friend, just PM me and I'll do my absolute best to help. ;)