The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New LBT Music Video Ideas

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's been a long time since I last tried to tackle the area of FanMade Music Videos.  The reason I stopped was mainly because I didn't have the equipment needed to get me going again.  At best, I had a crappy version of Windows Movie Maker that was slow and buggy.  It was tediously painful.

Now, after several years, and a few upgrades, I'm ready to try to tackle it again.

Windows 7 didn't come with it's own Video Creator, so I had to download one off the net.  Turns out, Windows Movie Maker 2.26 works quite well with it.  I've tested it out and it definitely runs a lot smoother than the one I used to have.  I've hardly ever crashed and it gets things done much quicker.

Now, some of you may be questioning my Studio Launcher CD that I regularly used with Windows XP.  Well, when I tried to run it, the program had been filled with broken drivers that made it inoperable and, worst of all, it made my CD Drive unable to be detected.  However, after a little uninstall, all problems were fixed as if they never happened and I don't plan on using it now.

Also, please do not make any suggestions with another kind of Video Creator.  I must have something that is SIMPLE!  Windows Movie Maker is as simple as it gets.  I will not take any suggestions over this.  Sorry!

Okay, with all that out of the way, here are my upcoming projects.

Remember Me This Way - Ruby's Goodbye

I did have plans to try this back when I first started, but problems back then stopped me and the idea has still stuck in my head since.  So, I'm going to try to tackle it again.  Various Episodes of the TV Series will be used for this one.

Drowning - Ducky & Petrie Tribute

I absolutely LOVE this song, and when I hear it, I have these thoughts of a music video featuring Ducky and Petrie.  Strangely enough, when I search for these two on YouTube and other places, I can't find much.  So, I think it's about time someone did something about that.  I will make this video and change that.  Just about anything involving Ducky and Petrie will be used for this.

When these are done, they will first appear on my new fansite.  Later, it will appear on Yahoo! Video and then later, I will give it to my friend to have him post it on YouTube.

I'm looking to finish at least one of these sometime this month.

Wish me luck!

See ya later! :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Good luck Pokeplayer!  The newest version of WMM is definitely the best one so far.  Though still not great compared to other video editors.....it's free and that's what matters.  

I'd make more music videos, but I can't seem to find any decent songs in ENGLISH.  Japanese songs are great.  They have great themes and go together in a way that English songs just can't.  Unfortunately, doing AMV's in Japanese would limit my almost non-existent audience to virtually nothing. :( Putting translations totally ruins to mood of the MV and makes it more like a project than a recreational thing. :(

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Would that be "Drowning" by the Backstreet Boys :unsure:?  Just curious :).

Are there any specific genres of songs you're lookin' for, any that are off-limits, etc.?  I know some good metal songs, but if you're not into using metal songs I understand ;).

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Songs can have great themes in any language as far as I'm concerned.

I used to listen to japanese songs but I hardly don't anymore because I find the lyrics to be strange most of the time and make little sense to me. They sound nice, but the translations confuse me a lot of the times.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I used to listen to japanese songs but I hardly don't anymore because I find the lyrics to be strange most of the time and make little sense to me. They sound nice, but the translations confuse me a lot of the times.

Literal translations always suck, but it's even worse with Japanese songs because you have to know about their culture too.  If you know nothing about Japanese history and culture, understanding most of their songs (especially when literally translated) is extremely difficult.  Thankfully my Japanese teacher taught us a lot about the Japanese culture and educated us in Japanese history.  In addition, I also took a history class where the teacher was absolutely OBSESSED with Japanese history.  It's practically the only thing we learned about in that class, despite the fact that it was WORLD history. :p

EDIT:
Speaking of which, I've made a couple of Japanese MV's that I've never shared here and I take liberties when translating them.  If I can make the line make more sense to English speakers, I'll do it even if it isn't 100% accurate.  Just so long as you get the gist of the idea, that's what really matters more than a literal translation.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Pokeplayer, have you considered Windows Live Movie Maker?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Nov 4 2009 on  04:14 PM
Would that be "Drowning" by the Backstreet Boys :unsure:?  Just curious :).
Yes, it is that very song that I'll be using for my Ducky & Petrie tribute. :)

Pokeplayer, have you considered Windows Live Movie Maker?

You know, I hadn't even heard of it until you posted it.  I checked a few reviews on it and it has peeked my interest.  I'll give it a shot. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay. :)    It's basically just a redesign of WMM (or total remake since, from what I heard, the program has been recreated from the ground up, so to speak) so I figured you might be interested in trying it out. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well DH, Windows Live Movie Maker has impressed me in a number of areas already.  One big plus that I see is being able to save video in Widescreen Hi-def Format.  Too bad it takes up as much space as it does. (About 56 MB per minute of video.) Still, people would love to see something like that out of a normal video.

Another one is that it loads video WAY faster.  The saved .avi that I have of one of the TV Series DVD went up almost instantly.  That thing is just over 90 minutes long! :blink: Being able to load this fast is going to be a huge plus to my Video creating.

There are a few areas I'm not sure I'm going to get used to.  Like the place where they put the Video Effects and such.  However, I have confidence I will. :) Besides, I do like some of the new effects they added. :^.^:

I think I'll keep this.  It'll be worth it in the end. :)

Well, I've got work to do on my stuff.

See ya later! :)