The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT x Power Rangers RP ?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Yeah...I've been thinking this over several hours now and every time I do, it get cooler. But now I think my head just sploded from the sheer strain of thinking about this all day!

@Starfall: Your idea for darker names is a good idea.

@Kor: That's what we're hoping for...MORE SEQUELS!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
@ Starfall - I like the idea of darker names for their ranger form, it does fit in since in the tv series and movies, both early and late sequels, the mysterious beyond is darker then the great valley is.  

& it looks like the beyond rangers are older then the great valley guardians, at present anyway, which also fits in with the darker feel/theme of Starfall's idea above.  

I guess of the fc's I'd like to do either Ducky or Petrie, I think I have the most fun and rp them best, not sure of the other's opinions here.  If I do a beyond ranger I may use Mim or I may make up an oc like a iguanodon  or something else.  

As for gear for either group and their being different, which does make sense, or the beyond rangers having the only gear, maybe we can discuss that & GVG, as the gm can give his feelings also.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would definitely like to play as both a Great Valley Guardian and a Beyond Ranger. I would definitely choose to play as Zaine, and if nobody minds, I would like to play as Littlefoot for the Guardian Team.

For the Beyond Rangers, I'm assuming that's what we're calling them, I figured they could imitate this morph:

(A little beginning, but deal with it)

Morphing

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you mean with the morphers or just holding their arms in the positions but without the morphers?  Or do you mean the style of the gold ranger morph?

We'll have to eventually figure out what the beyond rangers get and what the guardians get as for equipment, if any, and maybe styles of costumes or appearances in their ranger / guardian form.  Or it can be kept vague with no real detail if folks prefer.  Also do the smaller ones like Ducky & Petrie stay the same size, or grow to a different size.  &  how about the zords, if any will be used?

As for another rp with humans that would likely need another discussion thread started,   though some may prefer to do that, or wait and get this one up and running then see if any are interested in another, or keep with just this one.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think we should have 6. Black Red, Pink, Yellow blue and Green. Gold can be the 7th color id we insist on having 7. BTw I grew up watching Power Rangers. the acting was horribl;le but it was fun to watch.. now who would serve as the bad guy..?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Either or Kor. The only thing with the morphers is that Zaine would have a little trouble unless he were able to stand on his two hind legs and perform the motions, which can be done if necessary.

As for who serves as the villain, I figured that we could choose a head sharptooth or one of the main villains of the series.

Alsom on the subject of the smaller dinosaurs, I think we should have them grow to about normal size in order to fight. This is pretty much what was done in Power Rangers Turbo with the blue ranger being a kid.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would say just using their hands to morph would actually make a bit more sense then having morphers would require technology they don't really have. However I will be playing Longtail and Hunter as Beyond Rangers. (The name just works!) But I'll also be playing Grandpa Longneck as well...

I believe Kor mentioned Mr. Thicknose, and Grandpa longneck work together like Zordon...

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I was thinking just the hand motions would make a lot more sense because of technology wise.

Of course, we still need to think about the most important aspect of them all. How do they get their powers? My suggestion is the use of the Stone of Cold Fire. I know, I use it for practically everything, but it seems to make the most sense.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,May 8 2008 on  10:59 AM
Yeah I was thinking just the hand motions would make a lot more sense because of technology wise.

Of course, we still need to think about the most important aspect of them all. How do they get their powers? My suggestion is the use of the Stone of Cold Fire. I know, I use it for practically everything, but it seems to make the most sense.
Could be interesting, but overused maybe?   Also do 1 or both groups have their powers when the rp starts or does 1 or both groups gain them during the rp?

The idea I had, and used for the insane cafe, was a big vague as to how the first group got their powers, maybe some great valley spirits or something.  But Mr. Thicknose as the last living guardian of his team inherits their portions of the great valley guardian power and becomes the keeper.  This lets him live beyond a normal lifespan as keeper.  He may have the body of someone who is the human equivalent to 60 or whatever age he seems, but he may be 100 or 600 years old.  When he senses the need for a new team of guardians which may not happen immediately since here may be quiet times where no guardians are really needed for a short or long time he can start looking for some individuals who may be potentially worthy and fit to inherit the responsibility and abilities and transfers a part of the power to them as the keeper of his team transfered to him.  The power is changed or altered by the type of dinosaur that you are.  For example Cera did not inherit the threehorn guardian  power.  She inherited the great valley guardian power, or a portion some may say, and since she is a threehorn she is a threehorn guardian, same as Petrie is a flyer guardian and the others.  Not sure if I explained it well enough or it sounds confusing.  

Just like the one who was keeper and choose the team that Mr. Thicknose was a member of was the last living member of his team and become a keeper, Mr. Thicknose was the last living member of his team and become keeper, one of the current team will be the last living member and will become keeper, as I think I have Ducky hint at.  I didn't mean death in battle, but over time, due to age, ect.   They mentioned the circle of life in the movie more then once and that gave me the idea for how it is transfered, at least in what I was going to do.  And hense Mr. Thicknose is now aging at a normal rate again.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now that's an idea Kor! However I would assume one group should or would have their powers at the start...just for the fact that danger could strike at anytime. As to which group I'm still thinking on. The keeper idea is another good one as well and it makes sense as well.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that it works best with the Beyond Rangers having their powers first.  That way, they can help the Valley forces, at which point the Valley Guardians awaken their powers.  Just a thought.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Maybe the Beyond Rangers get the powers first and when the enemy becomes too powerful, they decided to seek help in the Valley, at that time, theenemy began sending minor forces to the Valley, to test their defenses, so the Valley Rangers get their powers as defenders. Later in the story, both groups may unite to finally make their stand against the enemy.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now there is an  idea we could use Chiletrek! Way to think! This is still getting better every time I think about it!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like an idea, not sure if it fits in with whatever idea GVG had.   I guess by minor you mean those various minor foes that the various versions of the rangers had to battle, sometimes before they morphed, before the episode baddie would appear like the putty things and the tenga ones?

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Minor forces, maybe like the normal monsters the enemy often sends to try to defeat the good guys, including the minions that always strike in numbers (as you said Kor, the Rangers often battle this minions even without morphing). The Beyond Rangers may have been battling major forces, like the ones in command of normal monsters, like Generals or something like that.
 I'm happy you liked my idea GVG :DD .

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh....now I remember the minor villains you're talking about...the Putty Patrol! Yeah...85% of the time the rangers didn't need to morph to take them down.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I read that some later versions of the rangers didn't have those as much.   I don't know since I've not seen the ones past time force and only very vaguely remember that one if at all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: kjeldo,May 10 2008 on  04:27 AM
no, thank you
In relation to what are you saying no thank you.  Pardon if it's obvious to everyone but me.

It fits having Mr. Thicknose and Grandpa Longneck function as Zordon.  Though is this due to both sets of rangers having only 1 "Zordon" type or due to Grandpa Longneck being the "Zordon" for the beyond rangers but he's moved to the great valley for obvious reasons, it's safer for his mate and grandson, he's old and its safer there, ect.
The do make a good pair.  Mr. Thicknose knowing a lot of things from second hand knowledge and grandpa longneck having some first hand knowledge and as a former story speaker (if that is canon for here) he knows a lot from the stories and can inspire folks.  

I guess by growing (sorry missed a few posts till I went back and looked) you meant up to around average size like as tall as cera or littlefoot are on all fours?  I recall power rangers turbo but only saw a single episode I think, way way back when.  Or do you mean the gang when they morph grow up to about the size of the fast biters in the beyond rangers group.  

I like the guardian term, though it may fit better to have one group called by the name suggested, the 'Beyond Rangers', and maybe the others the 'Guardian Rangers (or do most think a better common term would be "Valley Rangers", "Great Valley Rangers"?.  Though that may not be the full name of each team most folks would shorten things down to that, with maybe a few shortening it further to guardians and rangers, depending on the individual person's preferences.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Maybe Kjeldo is not interested at all in this idea.... but some explaining would have been quite useful though.