The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Idea for a Final Destination RP

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
On the high chance that there will be no more FD movies, I was thinking maybe here we could do an RP that would essentially be a Final Destination 5, filled with the usual premonitions, deaths, and the extremely negligent background characters who often these deaths!

First thing's first: I think the first part of the RP we should come up with (For anyone who wants to join) is what the beginning disaster should be. Then, we'd be able to decide if the characters should be in the same general group (Like FD 1 and 3) or random people (2 and 4.)

Some ideas I thought of for the beginning disaster:

A waterslide collapsing.
A bridge over the ocean collapsing.
A laboratory explosion.

I'm very open to ideas for this one!

Edit: The List so far (Not including any possible interventions)

James
Kyle
Zack
Aggie

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I for one, am a fan of the Final Destination movies.  Although, wouldn't it be a bit, er....gruesome to do an RP based upon them? Cause of how people can die?

*shrugs*

Well, either way, I wouldn't mind having a go at the RP myself, I mean, I'm game for it.

As for opening disaters for it, hmm, good question.  So far, I do like the whole labratory explosion thing....or perhaps something in a museum goes wrong, you know, exhibits collapsing and killing people sort of thing.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well, since this is an rp and not a movie, we don't have to be gruesome, just creative.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
lol yeah, that's true ^^

So yeah, you can count me in, wouldn't mind this RP at all.  One question I have is in regards to characters, I mean, if they do get killed off sort of thing and all that.  Would it then lead to another premonition sort of thing with new characters all together?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe we could come up with a way for the design to truly be destroyed, something the movies never made quite clear.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, yes, there is that way as well.  Good point too, I suppose, at the moment, we could just go with it sort of thing and go from there too.

But yeah, it is rather hard to say on what could stop death's design like that.  Like in the 1st and 2nd movies, it was all about tieing up the loose ends.  However, in the 3rd and 4th movies, it seemed to had been all tied up as well with everyone dying in the end.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember hearing that one of the Final Destination novels actually DID provide an explanation for the premonitions and how to beat Death, but I forgot which one it was...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah well, I suppose we can just make it up ourselves throughout the RP you know, everyone talking about it before death claims their life and it's like a race against time sort of thing with each survivor getting killed off whilst trying to figure out how to beat it.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I even have one death planned already. (Want to hear it in a PM?)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, cool, and sure, in PM, would like to know about it ^^

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe sweet man ^^

You gonna wait to see if any others will want to join as well before starting up the RP?  Or what's going to be happening?  Just so I know :)

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We should wait to see if anyone else wants to join, but maybe we could come up with characters now.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, good idea.  That, and we defiently need a setting of where the premonition would happen too, since that's what starts off everything XD

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you want the survivors to be high school-college age or a mixutre of that age and adults?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For me, a bit of a mix you know, like in number 2 and number 4, some were older, some were younger sort of thing.  But not too old or too young, you know, not a child or elderly sort of thing.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Agreed. So we need to come up with an opening disaster where we could find a scenario where people of those age groups would be mixed.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So far, all I can think if is either a museum or perhaps a water park at least anyway.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
How about an industrial accident? Would that work?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It could, but remember too, in the industrial area, it's more the same kind of people, middle aged, not really teenagers, or older people sort of thing.

I take it you're interested in the RP as well?