The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RP idea...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
OK, new plan.  I got a very hot idea, and I'm sure everyone has no problem in joining.

Story:  On a small unamed planet, the entire sky rained glowing gems across the lands and seas.  Those who found these gems discovered that each gem contained a soul within, but no one knows where.  In ways unknown to the outside world, a device was developed to bring the souls to life...

One century later, the world has changed much with a new breed of warrior.  Warriors born to bring forth the souls of warriors and companions to survive in the rising chaos of global war.  These are know as the Summoners...

There are 5 races where Summoners can be found...

Terrans:  Same as humans.  Any color and walk of life.

Reapers (Shadowfolk):  Humanoids with coal-black skin, white hair, white eyes and gray blood.  Sensitive to light, but can't be destroyed by it.  Most civilizations are underground.  Abilities to see in the dark except for pitch black.

Goths:  Humanoids with white skin, bright-colored glowing eyes, dark hair, and green blood.  NOT undead, but high pain tolerance.  Tend to dehydrate easily, so they wash themselves often outside of their own civilizations, which are often waterside or in swamps.  Very agile and able swimmers.

Furs:  Evolved humanoid animals.  Mostly bipedal with digigrade legs, but tauric species do exist.  Civilizations are often camouflaged in nature.  Heightened senses and slightly stronger for their size.

Wraiths:  Enemies to other four races.  Vaguely humanoid beings resembling incorporal ghosts, banshees, and Grim Reapers.  Ruled by the Witch Queen and the Warlock Tyrant.  Rulers keep from sight, leaving the war to the 13 Generals, whom are the only ones who can be Summoners.  The Wraiths are on a campaign to gather all the Soul Gems for something to remake the world...

Rules:  No more than 3 heroes to keep from confusing everyone.  Have a reasonable number of villains.
Summoners can carry no more than 4, but they can own more (kept someplace secure)
Summoners can carry no more than 2 weapons or 2 matching pairs of weapons, or mix-and-match
Soul Gems can be ANYONE from movies, TV, books, & video games, and they don't have to be fighters, like a companion character (BUT only one soul character.  No two Sonic the Hedgehogs for example)
Only 1 Soul Gem character can be summoned at a time, but they can out for any length of time.  You must return a character to the Soul Gem to summon another.
Soul Gem characters return to Soul Gems when they are beaten, but they can be summoned later.  Characters are permanently destroyed only when the Soul Gems are destroyed.
There is only 1 Soul Gem Char per gem.  No duos (unless conjoined)
No character can have their own magic powers, but their Soul Gem partners with powers can share.  Wraiths are the only exception.
Summoners CANNOT steal another Summoner's Soul Gems UNLESS the Soul Gems chooses the new Summoner.  The 13 Generals and the Wraith rulers are the only exceptions.
Some Soul Gem chars start off at the lowest level, but they can get stronger just the same as the movie/TV/etc where they came from.  Digimon and Pokemon, for example.
The 13 Generals are an exemption of most of the Summoner rules, as they can control just about any Soul Gem Char they could get their claws on, and they often use the most powerful ones, even good guys chars.  The Generals are very powerful to command armies of wraiths, and they are masterful fighters when they seldom come face-to-face with enemies.
The rating for the adventure is PG-13.  No sex, nudity, language above this.  The violence could be just a little more, but not seriously graphic.  Furs don't have to wear as much as the other races, as long as they have thick enough fur/feathers/etc to cover anything that must be covered.

Profiles:

Name:  Full Name "Nicknames in parenthesis"
Race:  If choosing Fur, note species of animal
Weapons/Equipment:  Summoners automatically have Summon Bands, a gauntlet with a placement for a Soul Gem
Soul Gem characters:  Your first 3 Soul Gem chars (put what movie/TV/etc each char came from to reduce confusion).  You'll be free to get more in the story
Transport:  Vehicles from movies, TV, video games are permitted.  Only rule is that you can't go to outer space. Describe original ideas and any armament in detail.
Special Features:  Injuries, tattooes, dye-colored hair, etc
Personality:

Anyone interested?

SIDE NOTE:  Every participating RPer is entitled to one of the 13 Generals.  Profiles for them are the same.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I might look into this one some more, seems to be a rather intruiging kind of RP indeed.

Reason I wasn't into the others, was for the fact that I'm not much of a history person, especially the first two you had mentioned in it.....

But like I said, I might be interested to join this one, but might I ask in regards to the races you have there....the goth one appeals to me the most, but what I want to know is...when you mean humanoids, what do you actually mean by that? As in....are you talking about furries sort of thing? As in, gonna use Aimee as an example here from Darwin's Soldiers....a humanoid like her sort of thing?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Furs are simply furries.  Goths and Reapers look just like humans, but with the different descriptions that normal humans don't have.

And don't worry about the other ideas.  I too was starting to think that not many people wanted to take part in history RPs.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, that makes much more sense now....might have a Goth and a Fur myself.

By the way, can one have a summoning gauntlet if they want? As in, can my Goth and my Fur have one of those each sort of thing?

Oh, and when you say bipedial....that is...two legs right? Sorry for that stupid question, but just not sure myself.

But I say that I do like the idea quiet a bit indeed ^^

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If your char is a Summoner, the gauntlet comes automatically.

And bipedal is 2 legs, and digigrade is like the hind legs of normal animals.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was meaning, can they be summoners if I wish?  Cause I might have one that is a summoner while my other one being a normal character with a weapon for two XD

And thanks, wasn't sure on that meaning....

Curse you and getting me hooked on this RP now *shakes fist, a la Homer Simpson* :lol

Might have to get up at least one of the profiles soon enough too ^^

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've been doing some last minute tweaking to fine tune the profile requirements...

That'll explain my editing.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, well, I'll throw up a profile shortly and you can see if it's good enough or not ^^

Just curious, you have an idea for a character yourself by any chance?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I already have my three in mind, and I'm working on one of the 13 Generals for a villain.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cool, I'm getting together one of my profiles....still need a name for my character, and two more summon characters myself XD

Question, with a Fur, do we specify what animal they are?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's my heroes:

Name:  Kenshi
Race:  Terran
Weapons/Equipment:  Claymore, heavy-caliber revolver w/ attachable 20mm single round grenade launcher, Summon Band
Soul Gem Characters:  Greyfas (Wild Knights Gulkeeva), Beau (Dragon Booster), Balto (Balto)
Transport:  All-terrain cycle with one front wheel w/ metal treads to climb cliffs, boosters on rear to hover and propel, twin 30mm cannons, and optional wheel-less side car
Special Features:  Black tattooes on right side of face & neck to right arm & shoulder-blade
Personality:  Soft-spoken, cunning, rumors suggests that he lost someone he loved

Name:  Tai
Race:  Goth
Weapons/Equipment:  Sling for rocks and other projectiles, but sturdy for grappling, pair of tomahawks, Summon Band, water canteen
Soul Gem Characters:  Gin (Ginga Denetsu Weed), Shiron (Legendz, Tales of the Dragon Kings), Scooby Doo (...from Scooby Doo)
Transport:  Hang Glider
Special Features:  Orange eyes
Personality:  Adventurous, but keeps his past a closely guarded secret

Name:  Baldor
Race:  Fur (Wolf-taur)
Weapons/Equipment:  Walking staff
Soul Gem Characters:  None
Transport:  None
Special Features:  Light blue fur w/ white underside, overweight, below obese
Personality:  Cheerful, helpful, works closely with Kenshi and Tai, and keeps unused Soul Gems for other Summoners

Name:  Oni
Race:  Wraith
Weapons/Equipment:  Kanabo club, black-bladed no-dachi longsword, Summon Band
Soul Gem Characters:  Malecifent (Sleeping Beauty), Genghis Rex (Dinosaucers), Hak Foo (Jackie Chan Adventures)
Transport:  None
Special Features:  Ancient Japanese-style black armor, glowing red eyes
Personality:  Merciless, soulless

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My heroes:

Name: Luna (Last name unknown)
Race: Fur (Brown fox)
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band, Assassin's knife
Soul Gem characters: Iron Man (Iron Man), Batman (Batman), Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Transport: Speed-Racer (Star Wars) (I forget the actual name of the vehicle)
Special Features: Being a Fur, a Vixen in particular, a brown fox actually, not much is all that different about her, however, her hair is a bit different, having some silver streaks through it to make herself stand out a bit more.
Personality: Her attitude/personality is somewhat of an odd one, as she tends to distant herself from others at times.  She acts, sort of like having a goth-like attitude in a way, but not so much really, only at times really.

Name: Zoe
Race: Goth
Weapons/Equipment: Two metal claws, with sharp points on them...so yes, they're sharp.  She also has a bottle of water on her as well, well, not a bottle....whatever you call them where they keep their water in....used to keep herself hydrated when not around a proper source of water.
Soul Gem characters: N/A
Transport: None
Special Features: A scar on her right cheek.
Personality: She talks rather coldly, but deep down, is actually rather nice, just the way she talks makes others think, at first, that she's not the nice kind.

Name: Xeron (Pronounced Zeron)
Race: Wraith
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band, Scythe
Soul Gem characters: Kratos (God of War), Dark Bahamut (Final Fantasy X version), Kid Buu (Dragon Ball Z), Albert Wesker (Resident Evil 5)
Transport: None
Special Features: His skin looks to be more greyish/corrupted more than anything, wears a Grim Reaper's cloak
Personality: Cold, heartless

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm actually now curious, that whenever it gets started....what kind of order would the heroes take on the Generals?  As in, would you sort that out down the track, as in, put in here which General would be up first, etc, etc?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Which ever one the heroes come up against first.  Their numbers isn't like a level of strength between them, for they are all equally formidable.  The only difference is how they think and strategize.

And it would take a while to get a General to make a personal appearance.  You'll have armies to get through first, or you have a way to get to them without being detected.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, that sounds like a plan indeed, but I still wonder if one can just choose if their General can make an appearance from what you say.  As in, if the heroes come across an army, they continue to fight, take down the army, dwindle their numbers sort of thing and then, say, I decide that it would be my General that appears....would that be okay?

That's what I was meaning, if you had a specific way that should be done in regards to that....that's all ^^

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If there is any reason for a General to risk revealing himself/herself, then it's enough to get one to make an appearance.

Examples include finding a powerful Soul Gem a General becomes obsessed in getting, sneaking into a General's domain without being noticed, or if somehow there is a full-scale attack by one or more of the other races against the Wraiths.  There are many possibilities.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, that's all good then....cause I already have an idea for later on down the track of course in the RP on when/how my General could very well appear.

But question too....for their own armies, what do said armies look like?  Cause I was wondering in regards to if Xeron commands his army, if they would be sort of like him, but more like a Dementor from the Harry Potter movies, on how they look.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The strength of the armies can differ depending on the type of General.  You could have organized masses of troops, or hoardes of more savage forces, or even an army of stealthy forces that hide in wait to ambush their enemies.  

The only rule for Wraith's descriptions is that it has to be ghostly.  Doesn't mean it can't be hit and destroyed by normal means.  And it can't be zombie-like, for it would resemble more of a Goth.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't worry, my Wraiths will move rather ghostly for sure....that's something I had pretty much figured anyway....one of the reasons for having my General like a Grim Reaper ;)

Oh, also, am thinking of my 3rd and final hero too ^^

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This RP definitely sounds interesting. I'll have to think of a good character, but I'll definitely consider joining.