The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RP idea...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't forget too LBTFan13, as Mirumoto has stated, each person is allowed one of the Generals....so pick a General for yourself if you wish too ;)

Just thought I shall remind you on that one :lol:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Take your time, LBTFan.  We can discuss afterwards how we'll start off the story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My other hero:

Name: Skorn
Race: Reaper
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band, two short swords
Soul Gem characters: Human Torch (Fantastic Four), Green Arrow (Green Arrow), Bolt (version with his powers) (Bolt)
Transport: Motorcycle (Specifically, the kind from Final Fantasy: Advent Children)
Special Features: On the left side of his chest, he has a dragon tattoo.  What is also to be noted, he does not wear a shirt and wears sunglassess as well.
Personality: He has a deep sounding voice, yet, is still a kind fellow deep down inside, even though he doesn't tend to show it all that much.

I may change the transport at some point, not 100% happy with it, I mean, would work and all, just not too sure about it is all.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
One thing I'm a bit confused about. What exactly is the deal with "armies"? Are we controlling armies and such? I'm going to have to sleep on my character, because I have a couple ideas, but I'm not sure which one to do.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As Generals, we can give commands to our own armies, BUT when it comes to our heroes fighting with Wraiths, they're free to anyone to rip apart...  Only the Generals that remain to the players.  I'm not sure if that explains it...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think I understand that.  As when we're fighting the army of the General, they're free to anyone as you said, but when it comes to the General himself of said character....sort of like to anyone, but not really....kinda like a boss in RP threads mainly, the heroes do take the boss on, but it's up to the player to decide how long the battle goes on for and all that....to a fairness that is....

Would that be correct Mirumoto?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think that sums it up.  The Generals are still a player's creation, so if the player decides that a General is to retreat, then the General retreats.  It's like any other villain of all of our RPs.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, awesome, so I hit the nail on the head that time with it, cool.  Had a feeling that it was something along those lines at the very least anyway.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, this looks very interesting. A very neat idea for an RP. I'd like to join in, but I need some time to create characters.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
There's no deadline to jump in, guys.  The more the merrier.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree, the more the merrier ^^

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
While we wait, I'll fill you guys in on the current setting of the world.  It would be sort of a cross between post-apocalyptic and Final Fantasy.

There are large metropolis cities called "city-states" (Terran above ground; Reapers below ground or anywhere out of the sunlight; Goths waterside, onthe water, or in swamps; Furs in wilderness, often camouflaged), where usually only one race lives, and most of which forbid other races to visit.  Only places where races mingle are independant from city-state laws and commonly opened solely for trade.  Wraith establishments are simply fortresses, citadels, or other places of more military purpose.

The rest of the world seems ravaged by cataclysm, unsure of how it came that way.  Whole cities are reduced to shells and partially buried in sand, swamp, or jungles.  Many places remained untouched by civilization, such as vast deserts of extreme heat or cold and towering barren mountains.

Later on, I'll put down a description of my chars "home town" and a trade city for our story.  You guys are free for your own places.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Still working on my heroes, but I've got a villain character made up.

Name: Meccom
Race: Wraith
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band and a large black claymore.
Soul Gem characters: Beelzemon (Digimon Tamers), Riku (Kingdom Hearts, heartless armor look wielding the Souleater), and Decade (Kamen Rider Decade).
Transport: Numerous, including steeds, motorcycles, or armored vehicles. Most commonly found astride a throne within the bollows of his largest war machine.
Special Features: Wears black armor with gold lining. The shoulder pads are spiky and two jagged gold horns extend from the top of his helmet. His eyes are a disembodied red glow and wisps of a black smoke-like substance leak from the joints of his armor. (Resembles a cross between Sauron and Kamen Rider Kuuga Ultimate Form.)
Personality: Calm and collected under most circumstances, does not tolerate failure well though. Enjoys hoarding power, especially Soul Gems. He often keeps his more powerful or precious gems a secret, even from his allies. Loves machinery though he has no talent with it, instead employing or enslaving a variety of inventors to come up with war machines or torture devices. Enjoys psychological warfare more than outright battle.

That's my General for now. I left the war machine/transportation stuff ambigous so we can construct something that fits the plot or setting. Under his armor, Meccom is a smoky, ghost-like entity and his minions probably take after his appearance. (Though with less impressive armor etc etc.)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Goth homes like "on the water" eh? Reminds me of like in Resident Evil 5, in Chapter 3-1 when facing the tribal people....their homes were on stilts more or less, so I can imagine them rather well actually.

Also, having Wraiths in citadels are awesome....to me, citadels are rather cool looking ^^

But yeah, I can imagine the homes rather well now actually.  But when you mean independent places for trades, I would imagine that those places would be....sort of large and all, with a market place for said trading area and all that sort of thing.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
They'll be huge alright.  And some of them will employ their own armies, usually paid for by wealthy "contributors" to the city's prosperity.  This also means the ruling party of the cities are easily corrupt.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
By the way, with Wraiths and the citadels or forts or whatever it is they use.  Would each of the Generals have their own fort/citadel/etc etc?  For example, my General in one, Drake's General in another sort of thing?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yep.  They each have their own and styled how they each see fit.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
While we wait for LBTFan13 and Drake's characters, let's discuss the start of the story.  MrDrake brought up an idea of a festival in a city, most likely a trade city, and that sounds like a good one to me.  What's the starting plot again, MrDrake?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, well, what I had in mind was, as you said what I said to you....was a fesitval where all characters could possibly arrive in said city to enjoy the fesival in question, and that way, would be a good way for the characters to then meet up one way or another in the process and that way, the plot can get started sort of thing.

As for what kind of festival, I'm not sure on what it could actually be about, but perhaps, a day where there have been no Wraith attacks sort of thing, or something along those lines.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Festival could simply be thrown by some wealthy guy wanting to flaunt his wealth.  With that plot, my Goth char would probably be the only one to make an appearance there.  My Fur char never leaves his hometown, and the Terran char would be off doing something else.  Kenshi and Tai barely ever travel together, even though they don't hate each other.

Don't you have a char that's a thief?  You could have that char working to steal something in town.