The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RP idea...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking.  My Goth character, who's the thief, would be there while the festival's going on, just so that she can steal a few things sort of thing.  My Reaper character would be there for the look of the festival....which is what I'm going with that he could possibly see Zoe stealing and try and stop her or something along those lines.

As for my Fur character, not sure on what she could do, but she could also be there, perhaps for the festives herself, or something along those lines.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, I've got the rest of my characters.

Name: Kyle Verona
Race: Terran
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band, guitar
Soul Gem characters: Stitch (Lilo & Stitch), Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas), Shoutmon (Digimon Xros Wars)
Transport: None, mostly hitchhikes or walks from place to place.
Special Features: Light blonde hair (may or may not be natural), bright red shirt and bright blue jeans. Wears a pair of sunglasses.
Personality: A naive dreamer and hopelessly upbeat person.

Name: Ellen "Tipsy" Kallah
Race: Fur (Honey Badger/Ratel)
Occupation: Relunctant Musician/Performer, other odd jobs, including mercenary.
Weapons/Equipment: A pair of short swords. A tambourine.
Soul Gem characters: N/A
Transport: None, same as Kyle
Special Features: Black fur covers the front of her body while a broad white stripe covers her back. Small round ears and a blunt snout.
Personality: Reckless and aggressive. She has a soft spot for Kyle, but treats most people with ridicule, attitude, or grudging acceptance if they can earn it.

Name: Ciax
Race: Reaper
Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band and a pistol.
Soul Gem characters: Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender), Dinobot (Beast Wars), and Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog).
Transport: Will start out with a stolen motorcycle, but he has trouble hanging onto transportation.
Special Features: Small scar over right eye, eye is milky and he cannot see out of it. A longer scar covers his left cheek. Scar marks cover his back.
Personality: Cold and cruel, believes only in survival of the fittest and ignores authority at every turn.

While I'm posting, what's the technology level for this setting? I see we have guns and gas propelled vehicles, but there are also castles and stuff. Is this like a mix and match of stuff? Are the cities and trade posts modern looking or more medieval?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It can be from the Roman-like era, medieval, Renaissance, colonial, wild west, the world wars, modern, or futuristic.  Because of what happened a century ago, the world began to model itself into patches of the other worlds where the Soul Gems came from.  The only magic in this world comes from the Soul Gem characters you guys got and from the Wraiths, 13 Generals and the rulers.

Good chars, by the way, Drake.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So....I am now guessing it can be a complete mixture of each of what you had noted down?  Cause Old West sounds awesome to me for sure, and so does Futuristic as well.....defiently would like to combine those two myself :lol:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anyway, my idea for the theme for this trade city we're starting in would have an overall Renaissance theme, in structures (very tall compared to RL), clothing, guards and their weapons.  The exceptions for this include WW2 era Flak cannons lining the city's perimeter and technology similar to SteamPunk.

The location of this city is along a patch of flat coastline nestled against a mountain range, with few dangerous paths to flat desert.  But because the city is still growing, the tallest structures remained on land while the rest was built over the water (think Venice, ie).

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah, SteamPunk technology, like from that terrible game Damnation.  I do know what you mean by that sort of technology.  But yes, I do see what kind of city you're now talking about, which I think, will work out wonders for an opening setting at the very least.

Do you have an idea of what kind of festival it could be that could be held at the city by any chance?  Cause I'm still not entirely sure on it myself.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It'll most likely be some annual party held by a very wealthy politician trying to work over the common people for some political goal.  The only significance for our story, and for your chars, that some of his treasures, maybe even Soul Gems (he's not a Summoner, but he believes in some sort of value of them anyway), that'll be easy pickings for thieves of all kinds.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, well, I'm sure that once the RP starts up, I'll be able to figure out something for my characters to do once within the town.  Granted, still am trying to decide on a good reason for my Fur character to arrive there.  My Goth character would be there of course, for the treasures, whilst my Reaper character would be there for the festival itself.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Can I use characters from Darwin's Soldiers or Twilight Valley for Soul Gem characters?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I would probably have to say no.  I draw the line for books, keeping to published works.  No fan-created characters whatsoever.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mirumoto_Kenjiro,Aug 24 2010 on  02:42 AM
I would probably have to say no.  I draw the line for books, keeping to published works.  No fan-created characters whatsoever.
To be nitpicky, Darwin's Soldiers characters are not really "fan-created".

I have not decided if I want to join yet, though.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
We'll put the Darwin's Soldiers thing to a vote.

Also, how about we start the RP Friday?  If you guys don't mind waiting for me late at night.  Everyone is welcome to join any time after.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote no because I think you should stick with the formula of using canon characters.

Kyle and Ellen will definitely be at the festival. Kyle to put on a show and Ellen because she got dragged along. If Ciax is there, it'll probably be to make trouble in some way.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I quiet frankly, don't well, care if we use such characters or not.  So if others wish to, then I'm not worried, same if they don't, wont bother me in the slightest.

As for starting it up, can it wait till after the weekend?  Only reason is cause I wont be able to get online in the weekend, gotta head out of town for something is all.

I mean, if you do start it up on the Friday, I wont be able to even start in it till Monday NZ Time is all.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Alrighty then!  We'll wait til after.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awesome, sorry about that small inconvience in regards to that ^^

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This sounds like interesting RP.

I have one question: what kind of powers can Generals use? Can they have a compelling voice or can they change their form to trick others into listening them?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you mean that they could transform or have an enthralling voice, then it should be OK, but not for disguises.  They have to keep a 'ghostly' form, like the rest of the Wraiths.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well... I am asking this, because I thought of making a character of General whos task would be creating religion in which Wraiths wouldn't be a threat but saviours of this planet. Also, his army could be composed of all five races and not just Wraiths. Could I make such a character?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.