The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RP idea...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think the kind of person you're talking about is an evangelist (correct me if I'm wrong).  If you could be able to control the minds of the other races into a smaller group of his vast army, and use them for more stealthy work, then I guess it would work.  But while the Wraith rulers still live, there will always be a fresh supply of Wraith armies.  I would find it rather strange for anybody to willingly lay down their lives and their fates to the Wraiths, and there won't be any Summoners among those ranks.  To the Wraiths, a useful Summoner is a dead one.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Willow

Race: Fur (Gray hare)

Weapons/Equipment: Crossbow and two long daggers. She also wears Summon Band, although she doesn't have any Soul Gems at the moment.

Soul Gem characters: None

Transport: None

Special Features: scar on the left side of her body. Sometimes, this scar causes her a pain.

Personality: There is one thing you should know about her history: she was Summoner once and she had one single Soul Gem, the Soul of which she considered to be her best friend. Willow traveled around the world, willing to know other races and see some amazing places. After several years of that journey she was attacked by group of Wraiths. She fought as best as she could, alongside with the soul from her Soul Gem, but they were eventually defeated. One of Wraiths took away Willow's Soul Gem and then he destroyed, as he claimed that this Soul was too weak to be of any use to him. He let Willow live though, because "killing pathetic worm like yourself would be a great dishonor to the General of Wraiths. Go then, Worm. Live... and suffer over the destruction of your 'precious' Soul Gem." She was heart-broken by this event, but she promised herself, that she will train hard to be able to kill that General when she'll find him someday.

Willow is still wearing Summon Band as the reminder of her lost friend and her oath. She occasionally shows some bitterness around other Summoners.

This is my first character for this RP. I will write the character of the General later.  ;)
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Regarding the gems being offered right now, I'd rather have Kyle use the ones he was right now for a bit before he gets a new one. While I've dredged the subject up, will Soul Gems reject someone they've chosen or decide to choose a bearer they'd previously rejected based on a change in that bearer?

Also just how aware are the Summon Souls? Do they remember everything of their past lives? Are they basically the exact same character as the one they're based on?

And one last thing, do the colors of the Gems reflect the Soul contained within. Example Stitch's gem would be blue, Agumon's yellow, etc. etc?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
What's going is simply seeing if anything happens after Kyle and Skorn are given the Soul Gems.  If no one is interested in another Soul Gem partner, then nothing happens, and Tai gets them back.

A partner stays with the Summoner simply until the Summoner's death, then if they know of another potential Summoner, they'll choose them.  It'll later explain the story of why the aristocrat really got his collection of Soul Gems.

The Soul Gem characters are aware of where they came from, and they retain their personalities, habits, and quirks.  They just don't know why they came into Soul Gems.  Any characters under Wraith control are unwitting puppets, hence finding good guys among them...

And the color can be anything you like, only the shapes have to consistent, like egg-shape or something like that.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A partner stays with the Summoner simply until the Summoner's death, then if they know of another potential Summoner, they'll choose them.

Maybe I should change Ciax's starting set of Soul Gems to more appropriate partners for him then.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I take it that with this fourth Soul Gem, if we do decide to have one of them, the character inside reveals themselves, yet, we have to have the Soul Gem put away somewhere safe?  Since there's that rule for having only 3 Soul Gems on one character at once.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The rules say that you can't carry more than four Soul Gems, and I should've stated of your own.  If you find others that don't choose you, you can hang on to them until you find a Summoner that could use them, or a safe place for them to keep until a Summoner arrives.  That's a basic side job for Tai and Kenshi, for they seek out Soul Gems and take them to Baldor's home into a vault to hold onto, until a Summoner stops by.

And you don't exactly know what new partner you got until you first Summon them.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, I thought that it was only three one could carry at once.  But ah well, it's all good....I do have a rough idea on what character Skorn could have, but of course, he wont know ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I just put the profile with 3 starting partners instead of 4 because I thought it would keep us from fighting over characters, and if someone hadn't thought of a partner before then.

I got a list of potential new partners for each of my Summoners... :D

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe awesome.  I already have the partner for Skorn sorted out...since I'm taking the chance as it XD

And if Luna gets the chance to have another one, I might take that chance too in order to give a 4th character as well ;)

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Could you give us a more detailed history of this world and five races, Mirumoto? You know... Something that would help us build the history of our own characters and fit them in this world.  ;)

For example: where the first Wraiths (or their rulers) came from? Or have they existen since the begining? How civilizations of different level of technological development can live next to each other? Are there some conflicts between races (excluding Wraiths vs. all others)? Is there a science which tries to study nature of Soul Gems?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For the origins of the Wraiths, I kept that out on purpose.  That and about how the other races came to be before the fall of the Soul Gems.  Because of this, some civilizations died and others are reborn with techonologies supposedly because of the Soul Gems.

There are plenty of conflicts between the other four races, whether its political, survival, greed, or some form of persecution.  But it doesn't have to be just one race against another.  Some civilizations hold some sort of coexistance of races to fend off an enemy of multiple races, for example.  But in general, Summoners try to keep a neutral stance, their main enemies being the Wraiths, but rarely they could end up in a situation where they'll have to slay even their own kind.

Research on the Soul Gems have been done by those devoted to find out their secrets, but currently there's no working advanced technology to help.  My non-Summoner character, Baldor, for example, is a third-generation researcher, using logs from interviews with Soul Gem characters and astrology for possible clues.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Alexandra Blake

Race: Terran

Weapons/Equipment: Summon Band, pair of pistols

Soul Gem characters: Mewtwo (Pokemon)

Transport: none

Special Features: none

Personality and history: Alexandra comes from a rich Terran family, which founded Hermes Corporation, one of the biggest trade corporations in modern-era Terran cities. The people behind Hermes (Alexandra holds 51% shares of stocks) are interested in gaining a monopoly on trade in this world and they are willing to use more or less moral/legal means to achieve this goal. Hermes Corporation also spends a lot of money on research of new technologies and studies of Soul Gems.

As for Alexandra Blake, she is usually calm and collected and rarely loose her self-control. She likes to employ outside people to do the kind of work that cannot be done by official Hermes workers (like stealing, assassination and so on). She never does that directly though, but rather through various agents of Hermes.

So here is my second character. While creating her I was thinking, that we need someone who can give our other characters some job to do when Wraith's Generals are not around.  ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Almost forgot.  For any characters of anything that can't communicate with humans in the movies, that language boundry is gone here.  For example, in movies like Balto and Bolt, where the animals can't actually speak with people, here they can speak with the Summoners.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
An idea to help keep the story going.  Soon, the diplomat I was talking of with his collection of Soul Gems finds out that Summoners are in town, and starts targeting one to get their Soul Gem.  First, as soon as I get Tai on the move again, he's soon to reach an inn, where other Summoners can rest, and one Summoner will be attacked during the night.  Any volunteers?  If not, then it'll be Tai that will be attacked.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nah, have Skorn be attacked by however many....he should be able to hold out long enough for the others to come and help him out XD

I'll also probabally have Zoe soon, run into one of the other characters....you know, the tactic theifs can use, literatly run into someone, and in the process, take something of theirs....thinking maybe one of the other Summoners, as in, take a Summon Band.

As for moving the plot along too, I take it that Tai could ask the others if they wish to join him in whatever adventure he has got planned?  Cause Skorn would probally join in, you know, to watch out for the others, sort of like a protector in a manner of speaking.  But then, someone would have to convince Luna to join too, as she is feeling a bit, I suppose you could say, untrustworthy of the others at the moment.....but she wont be as bad as Zoe will be.....she would have the worst trust issues amongst my three characters :lol:

Also....I'll reply tomorrow, a bit too tired to think of a good enough reply in the RP that is.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was thinking of contacting Alexandra with Zoe. She could then try to hire Zoe to steal from local politician some of these seven Soul Gems for her. What do you think?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'll go with that, works out rather well that does....I could have Zoe practically run into Alexandra, or something along those lines to get it going.

Well, either have her do that, or I might have Zoe slip off into an alleyway or something, and perhaps Alexandra could notice it and follow Zoe sort of thing.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For Tai's next part, his plans is mainly to get back home, but he'll stay the night at the inn I mentioned, but he'll then discover something that will lead him to the seven Soul Gems, and he'll not be the only one to discover about the Gems, if you know what I mean...

Another thing, Summon Bands don't come off, even if you chop off the entire arm to try and get the thing off.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why not? And where exactly on our arms we are weaing this Summon Bands?