The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New RP idea...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm trying to work the kinks as to how and when the Summoners get their Bands.  And all Summon Bands are like gauntlets, worn on the forearm, mostly on the arm less used for weapons.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just trying to think of a good way to get Luna more involved with everyone else, as she still has some trust issues with others and all that.  I mean of course, only one who knows about her so far, has been Willow, so really, I guess unless she goes to find Luna again....before Luna decides to vanish into the crowds and all that sort of stuff XD

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So... should Willow go and look for her right now or after talk with Skorn? :D
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's up to her really if she wants to go get Luna now, or wait.  I mean, if she goes now, she might be able to catch Luna more easily, but if she waits, she might have some trouble finding her once again. ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
As I mentioned OCC, I was going to list different types of Wraiths other than the Generals and up.  They'll be in names and descriptions:

Ravers = Flying Wraiths, commonly resembling cloaked vultures with 2 pairs of eyes.  Cannot use weapons.

Sentries = Army units, commonly autonomous suits of armor with nothing inside.

Dark Ryders = Skeletal Wraiths capable of riding Wraith-version animals or ground vehicles.  Both vehicle and Ryder are destroyed if either is destroyed.

Nightmares = Wraith versions of horses.  Used by Ryders and/or Generals.

Dread Drakes = Wraith versions of dragons of any type.  Used by Ryders and/or Generals.

Creepers = Thief Wraiths.  Able to move like insects or spiders, sometime having such features on human-like bodies.

Shadows = Assassin Wraiths.  Typically living black silhouettes.  Can hide in any shadows and take shapes of potential victims' shadows.

Cloakers = Reaper-like swordsmen (like the Ring Wraiths of LOTR) that can glide like falling bed sheets.  Often referred as the elite fighters of Wraiths.  Any sword can be used.

Faceless = Wraiths with naturally white bodies, black tattered robes, and no face.  They have the ability to implant the face of a victim on its own head, and then take on the voice, personality, features, and clothing of the victim.

Grapplers = Large hooded Wraiths with heavily muscled arms used for ripping victims apart.

Slashers = Same size and look as the Phantom Grapplers, but with large claw-like arms and elongated nails

Rakers = Slightly smaller version of the Slasher

This is what I've thought of so far.  Anyone's free to input their ideas of new Wraiths.  Just none that could Summon or use magic.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When you say, in regards to Dark Ryders, that both are killed if either is killed/destroyed....which is kinda strange.  I mean, for example, a Nightmare, if that is killed, wouldn't make sense for the Dark Ryder to just....die like that and vice versa, if the Dark Ryder is killed, the Nightmare shouldn't just die for no reason at all.

Just something I had to pick at which did not make any sense at all to me.....

I too, also might have an idea or two for other Wraith creatures too, but not too sure at the moment....well, sort of, one that has just come to me is a maybe, a Troll-like Wraith you know, like in Resident Evil 4, an El Giante was a version of the Gandos....but in a Troll creature, same with the Ndesu in Resident Evil 5 ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
In the case of the Dark Ryders, if their rides were destroyed, then it's hard to really call them Ryders after the fact.  And if the Ryders themselves are destroyed, then it would be too easy for their rides of any kind to be used by non-Wraiths.

I need to look up Resident Evil to look at these things better.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thinking about the ideas you got, MrDrake, I think there can be something that could be based off of the Resident Evil monsters.  We need to keep them as "ghostly" and "ghastly" as possible.  We could make the idea of a Grim Reaper the large size of the Resident Evil trolls, but only their giant arms can be visible underneath.  We could also make the same size and Grim Reaper look, but with giant slashing claws like the Tyrants.  These creatures both would be called Phantom Grapplers and Phantom Slashers.  What do you think MrDrake?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Those ones could work out well I think.  Would be a good way in portraying them to fit in with what the Wraiths are and all that.  I mean, the Phantom Slashers seem to be like ones you wouldn't want to take on in hand to hand combat....or with a sword for that matter, they sound like they could indeed, move fast and slash fast as it is.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would imagine it would be like that anyway as seen in my recent post, that characters from the same universe would know each other, as in, Iron Man and the Human Torch knowing each other from the Marvel universe sort of thing.

Just something I thought I should mention anyway ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
That works just fine.  It's not like they lose their memories of anyone.  If they knew someone from their universe, they'll know them in the Summoner world.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, makes sense that way, so it's good that Tony Stark and Johnny Storm know each other then, even though different Summoners who own them anyway :p

And I haven't forgotten the othe Soul Gem that Skorn has, the one that Tai had given him ;)

By the way....are Wraiths gonna be attacking soon by any chance?  Or not yet?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It's not a full on attack on the city.  The majority of Wraiths are moving through the sewers underneath the city, but there are already a few inside...

Is it night already in Tedisian?

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, then looks like some might be able to have a fight with the Wraiths after all.....wonder if a Phantom Slasher will show up or not XD

As for it being night time, I actually got a little lost with that as it is, but for all purposes and what have you, let's say that the sun is setting, you know, half right and all that :lol:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In regards to the Phantom Slashers, having them the size of a Phantom Grappler, which is the size of a troll by the sounds of it, seems to be a bit of a stretch to me.

I would say that a Phantom Slasher would be better suited for the size of a human being, like a Garrador.  That's what I was thinking of, especially with the size of the claws that it could possibly weild....but of course, keeping it more "ghastly" and "ghostly" as possible.

Perhaps having said creature more cloaked than anything else, but yet, keep the size of the claws....well, maybe trim them a bit....but yet, are still just as dangerous.

Just an idea on those creatures I was thinking of.

What do you think of that idea Mirumoto?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, I was thinking of it more like the size of a Tyrant, but I'll make it smaller anyway.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, that's how I had pictured one of those, not too big you know, probabally just taller than a human being.  As if I recall correctly while playing Resident Evil 4, a Garrador was only probabally between half a head to a head taller than Leon was.

Might I also add in that I actually don't have any clue on how big a Tyrant is suppose to be, never played any Resident Evil game till number 4 myself, which is why I spoke about the Garradors.

Besides, a Phantom Grabber would be the best thing to have only as a bulk of the Wraiths sort of thing, bringing them in only when need be....sort of like ina  stragety game where you can have big units like trolls or the likes, but only very few of them out at a time sort of thing.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
For Resident Evil, I have the books based off the games up to Code: Veronica.  I think the typical Tyrant measures around 7 to 8 feet.  They're pretty tall.

And I wouldn't expect a Grappler to be involved in a "covert" operation like what's going on now.  You'd probably find them as members of a standing army, used like war beasts.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah okay, didn't know about that for their size.  That does seem to be for a good height as it is....kinda like a few more feet, at least another two or so feet taller than what Skorn is.....could work out.

I suppose with the Slashers, there could perhaps be two variants of them?  You know, ones that are as tall and ruthless as Tyrants, while some could be like Garradors, blind with longer claws that use their senses to rush at their enemies, swinging their claws in the process sort of thing.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
How about rename the Garrador-like Wraiths to something like "Rakers"?

And we can just remove the Phantom part from the Grappler and Slasher.