The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT TV Series back in Canada

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm buying the DVDs the minute they appear on the shelf -- which means I have "Amazing Adventures," but not "Good Times, Good Friends." Those are replacing my downloaded files. Until I can get a hold of the DVDs, I keep whatever the highest quality available is for the episodes I don't have on DVD.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I keep whatever the highest quality available is for the episodes I don't have on DVD.
Do you want my uncompressed TV recordings, at 1.1GB per episode? :lol  :p

Anyway, I'll actually probably pass on the LBT TV series...I find the "full-length" films short enough and I just wasn't overly impressed with the TV series in general.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You should at least buy it Action.  Universal isn't getting tons of money for LBT as it is.  We don't want them to go under. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Dec 17 2007 on  12:16 AM
I keep whatever the highest quality available is for the episodes I don't have on DVD.
Do you want my uncompressed TV recordings, at 1.1GB per episode? :lol  :p
If they're better than that (coincidentally) Canadian "MadPsiNtst's" recordings. :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They actually probably are cuz Action recorded some of them himself.  But the ones off the torrent are high enough quality that I wouldn't have had to buy the tv series dvd.  I just do it because it's the right thing to do and to support Universal and LBT.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 17 2007 on  07:29 AM
They actually probably are cuz Action recorded some of them himself.  But the ones off the torrent are high enough quality that I wouldn't have had to buy the tv series dvd.  I just do it because it's the right thing to do and to support Universal and LBT.
Strange how you're doing what is considered "wrong" to do what is "right", huh? ;)

I've just been so unimpressed with the TV Series that I can't bring myself to finish watching them all despite my love of LBT.  Gee, there must be SOMETHING in them that I hate enough to make me stop, huh? -_-

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not everyone will enjoy them.  Not everyone likes everything.

nabil r

maybe i will watch LBT on trehouse this SATURDAY   :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've just been so unimpressed with the TV Series that I can't bring myself to finish watching them all despite my love of LBT. Gee, there must be SOMETHING in them that I hate enough to make me stop, huh?

Agreed.  I am not impressed with the tv eps at all.  I do like to watch them occasionally though.  I mean, it's more LBT stuff!  They do lack seriousness and substance.  If they stopped making the LBT sequels cuz they were making a lot off the tv series, my love for LBT would probably go down the toilet as they desperately tried to come up with a new story ever week. -_-

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Dec 20 2007 on  11:28 PM
Agreed. I am not impressed with the tv eps at all. I do like to watch them occasionally though. I mean, it's more LBT stuff! They do lack seriousness and substance. If they stopped making the LBT sequels cuz they were making a lot off the tv series, my love for LBT would probably go down the toilet as they desperately tried to come up with a new story ever week. -_-
I just talked to a friend of mine about how long it really takes to produce an episode. Not only does it take several months, but they do not start releasing any episodes until a full season is done (usually anywhere between 20 to 24 episodes). They aren't 'desperately trying to come up with a new story every week'.

Each episode is only 30 minutes, while each movie is over an hour. There's less time to tell an LBT story in just 30 minutes, so it has to be simplified. And considering it's a children's show, the seriousness is not going to be very high.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Each episode is only 30 minutes

Actually, it's only a little over 20 minutes by a few seconds.  The rest of the time is stupid commercials. <_< Talk about LBT fast food. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Seems they keep getting shorter and shorter.  About 20 minutes for a 30 min show, and aren't hour shows about 45 minutes or less?  Don't think I could stand commercial tv.  Someday it may be 35 minutes for an hour show and 15 minutes for a 30 min one.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The usual tv series episodes tops at 22-23 minutes, leaving 7-8 minutes for advertisements.  To be fair, if you don't enjoy what Universal is making LBT to be, what's the point of extra episodes of nothing?  To keep a hope alive that someday there will be a perfect episode or perfect movie (a long passed missed opportunity IMO)?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To be fair, if you don't enjoy what Universal is making LBT to be, what's the point of extra episodes of nothing? To keep a hope alive that someday there will be a perfect episode or perfect movie

I didn't say they were god awful or anything, but that I didn't like how childish they're making LBT.  I mean, it started out as a good mature family movie that no one in the world should be embarrassed about watching, but it's turned into...well...stuff like the tv series.  Seriously, they should pull LBT out of the gutter and start making a decent theme at least.  Who cares how good the animation is if the story sucks (LBT 13 for example). :rolleyes: I mean jeez, pay for better story writers and get less quality animation artists.  I hope LBT 13 is just a pitfall like LBT 11 was and they do a better job with LBT 14.  LBT 12 was just fine, no better than fine.  I loved it! :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most of hollywood would rather pay for cheap writers who are not to good then to pay for good experienced writers.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Who cares how good the animation is if the story sucks (LBT 13 for example).  I mean jeez, pay for better story writers and get less quality animation artists.

I'm not sure how many people would want to see a movie that has poor animation, no matter how good the story is. A movie needs to have a balance of both: a good story and good animation to go with it. Just as someone may not like to see a movie with great animation but poor storyline, the same can go for not wanting to see a movie with a great story but poor animation.

I didn't say they were god awful or anything, but that I didn't like how childish they're making LBT. I mean, it started out as a good mature family movie that no one in the world should be embarrassed about watching, but it's turned into...well...stuff like the tv series. Seriously, they should pull LBT out of the gutter and start making a decent theme at least.

I already mentioned this before, but Land Before Time is a children's movie series, so of course it's going to appear childish. The first movie was darker and more serious than the sequels because it was directed by Don Bluth. He had nothing to do with the sequels.

I do not believe LBT would ever get as dark as it was in the first movie again. Instead, I believe LBT may continue to grow more and more childish as it continues to try to please parents while trying to attract the younger generation. I mean, if a parent wants to buy a movie for their...5 year old son or daughter, which would they feel more comfortable with? A dark movie about famine, racism, and survival, or a movie that teaches lessons about life, has songs in it, and is generally light-hearted?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A very valid point.  It'll likely continue in the current trend of the movies starting with number 2 and onward.  They may stop at some point of making it more of what some say are the bad points.  thought only time will tell.  It sounds as if they are writing only at young kids.  Good writers can write stuff that young kids can enjoy, and adults too, with it still being g rated.  Something for each age group, instead of just young kids only.  Though many choose not to do so.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how many people would want to see a movie that has poor animation, no matter how good the story is. A movie needs to have a balance of both: a good story and good animation to go with it.

I really couldn't care how good the movie looks.  I mean, LBT 1 had pretty primitive animation and I still liked it.  The first star trek movies (from 1969) I have on vhs and I still watch them even though they look like a pile of crap.  I still like some old monochromatic movies that have been damaged over time.  I'd much rather have LBT go back to more primitive animation (movies 1-6) and have good stories than to have them have great animation (like LBT 13) and have a lower quality story.  It's gotta stop getting more childish though.  I mean, it can only go so far before even the kids turn their noses up to it. :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Compared to many, the original and first three sequels had very decent animation.  That's hardly primitive.  If you've ever watched films from other countries (say some in Europe) where the studios are not as established then you'll see some quirky animation where things aren't entirely fluid.  Kacie already said the best point: this isn't for us and never will be, so to hope for anything that resembles the original is a long missed opportunity.  That would've had to have been the first sequel, not the fourteenth.

nabil r

i hope there will be season 2  they will show season 5 :angry: