The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stardust's LBT Art Nest

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
^Of course you would say that. :OhYou

“I am what I am, someone has to be.” :lol

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
PS: what happened to your discord account? You're not in the server anymore  :opetrie

Just a quick side note. I already addressed this earlier, but basically, I was just taking a break is all. But I am back in the server as of currently. :yes

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Anyway, thank you everyone. :)

You sure it's not firendly Chomper playing with Littlefoot? XD

Haha, it could be.

Now this is a unique entry for the prompt! Maybe you had some more ideas left over from the humanization one? I can honestly see why you would get frustrated with this one as the perspective it is drawn at is actually quite difficult. That being said, the general shape of Sharptooth here I would say is pretty good! One thing I would say for him is to widen his stance. Generally sharpteeth have their feet quite wide apart.

I think I recognize the pose of Littlefoot's mother from the movie. I find it can be difficult to use references from the first movie as the can hide a lot of detail in their shadows during some of the more darker scenes. If possible I would try to work on a side view perspective when starting out as it's generally the easiest to learn in my opinion.

I know the feeling of losing motivation on a current drawing, so I'm glad you at least were able to share the idea you had! Hopefully you'll have more motivation for the next one!  :)littlefoot

Nah, this idea came to me after the humanization prompt. And yep, I was using the pose of Littlefoot's mother from the movie. Thank you for the suggestions.

I think by adding a line to indicate where the horizon is would help the drawing to look less "flat" as it would create a point of reference and orientation. :)

If you find some time and motivation again, you should definitely refine the drawing, the idea is honestly amazing! :DD

Thank you very much. Alas, I had already finished with this piece by the time I read your comment. But now that you mention it, horizons is something I would like to feature more often. I really like that idea. In fact, you may have just inspired me to add one to my next drawing.
:cerahappy

But anyway, as it happens, I later found the motivation to get this finished after all. I decided to go with the "silhouette colouring effect" that I mentioned earlier. I realize that a few of the colours aren't entirely accurate, but I was just sort of experimenting, and going for a slightly surreal look.

"Dino Volleyball"

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 10:06:45 PM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's always nice to see some colour or shading added to a drawing. The colours certainly are surreal, almost like something Littlefoot or Chomper would be dreaming of (I shouldn't judge though, Sharptooth can have nice sleep stories as well :p ). The purple and orange for the Longneck make me think that they are coloured up as a type of team uniform as well.

A couple things that I find helpful with colouring. I find it looks better if you can keep the direction of the pencil movement consistent as you go along. Another thing you can do is use small circle movements with you pencil as you move along. That can help get rid of any apparent pencil stroke orientation as well as help with removing white space. This adds quite a bit to the colouring time, which can make it feel a little tedious at times, but always good information to be aware of :smile

Oh I almost forgot, it's nice seeing them have eyes! I think they work well with this drawing. Keep up the good work!  :)littlefoot

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Those are interesting color choices Stardust, but I'm not complaining. In fact, I kinda like it. :P

This was a unique take on the prompt indeed. Coloring the dinosaurs and giving them eyes really added much needed expression and life to this drawing. Glad to see you've taken my advice on that. :)

Not really being that much of an expert on reviewing fanart, I knew this drawing could've been improved but I had no good medium to describe it. But I do agree with the criticisms of the other people here. But otherwise, I like the overall cute (and maybe ridiculous) concept of this. I can actually imagine them being friends in the afterlife and playing Volleyball actually now that I think more about this. :lol

Nice job! :)littlefoot

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
*blows dust bunnies off the thread*

Hello everyone. Here is my submission for the Stuck in school prompt. That's Ali on the left and Littlefoot on the right. I'll admit I kinda lost my motivation for this piece when I realized I was drawing Petrie too big (again) and I just didn't feel like doing it over again (I was already on the third draft as it was). But you can see what I was going for.

"Dino Ballet Academy" (incomplete)

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Диман! Что за балет?

That's Ali on the left and Littlefoot on the right.
Without this explanation and colors it is impossible to understand, who is who  :littlefoot
But nevertheless, this pic should be great!
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, well that is indeed why I clarified who was who. But thank you, Stardisk. I was feeling discouraged at the time I posted the initial sketch, but I might in fact have another go at it later this month and try to finish it proper. Although my main project for this particular week is to see if I can finally get the TV series all finished up. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can probably say that this is the most unique entry for this prompt. Seems like the Yellowbellies got a hold of the teaching curriculum  :PCera

Even if Petrie might end up being too big, I don't think that would take away from the overall image too much. I'll be looking forward to a more complete version of this if you do get around to working on it.  :)littlefoot

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Agreed with the above comments. I'd love to see the finished product! :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. I'm going to be busy with job-hunting these next few weeks, but I'll finish it up in due time.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Haha, I certainly wouldn't have thought of this interpretation for that prompt. :lol This actually reminds me of some unusual LBT plush toys I saw on eBay before--they had the Gang in Halloween costumes and some other outfits.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ta-daa! All done!

Admittedly, Petrie is still too big even after I redrew him. I also shouldn't have made their tights and tutus all the exact same colour. Although my pencil crayon selection at home isn't the greatest; I need to get more in-between shades.

Oh well. I still like the general concept, at least. I may re-do this one from the ground up sometime, but for now here it is.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
You've finally finished this pic! Great!
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay so glad you finished this one! The only bit of feedback I have for you right now is the coloring of the eyes. You've made Littlefoot and Ali's irises a bit too big, as generally there is some white around the iris (like with Petrie, although I guess he just has a pupil and no iris :P). Other than that, great work!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. :)

I see what you mean about the irises, Mumbling. That's something I'll keep an eye out for in future drawings.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Petrie is best ballerina! Watch him scare away the sharpteeth with those killer moves!!  :screechconfused :redclawscared