The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Gang Plays Video Games Discussion

Lilfut · 10 · 1568

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/JD_Fan_Forum/index.php?showuser=1
RP Topic Here

Okay, I found out that a discussion page needs to go with the RP itself.

As for plot, well, there is none. The gang finds video games somehow and starts playing them. (Don't ask me how quadrupeds play. Suspend your disbelief.)

Anyway, if you vote(d) in the poll, post it here, as well as what map/gamemode/whatever. Basically, you tell us how you want things set up, they'll all be taken into account. The choices are as follows:

SSBB: What stage(s) are they playing on? Have some characters not been unlocked? Are they doing Stock, Time, or Coin, and if so, what settings? Are items on, and if so which ones?

TF2: How many captures? Is there a class limit on either team?

MKWii: What track? Are bikes and/or karts allowed?

Halo 3: What map? Will some characters prefer certain armor settings?

SMW: What map/mode? What about items?

Garry's Mod: What map? (Assume the gang has all Source games) Are there custom props/ragdolls?

Pokemon: What teams do the gang have?

SRB2: What level? Are custom skins allowed?

This is also the place for OOC discussion and character claiming. Fire away!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Lilfut, if nobody's interessted in your RP idea, you'll have to deal with it.
You can't force members into joining it.
You'll either have to wait longer, turn the story into a fanfic or spoil it.
Sorry, but that's just how things are.

Thanks for your understanding.

//Lillefot
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally, I'm not interested in this kind of roleplay, largley because of the implausibility of it all. I don't know how the gang would get the games other than to time travel, and bring the games back themselves. But they wouldn't even know what the games were and likely wouldn't understand human language or written language, so that wouldn't help them either. Also, if they were in the future, they likely would have had to avoid capture because I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to exploit live dinosaurs. Playing games would be the last thing on the gang's minds. And even if they did manage to bring back games to their own time, then what? There isn't any outlets anywhere in the Great Valley, so they wouldn't even be able to turn the machines on, let alone play them. No offense intended or anything.

Perhaps you could turn the idea into a fanfic instead.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry man but I have to agree. There is a line you don't cross in terms of the realisticness of an RP.  The introduction of any modern technology into the LBT universe crosses this line too far. The dinosaurs would have no idea what they are and most likely be frightened by them. Plus like Kacie said, they can speak english but only because they are made up characters. They most likely would not even know what any of the stuff in the games are.

This definitely seems more like a fanfic idea than an rp idea. I'm sorry dude.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This would make a good humor fan fic but it does not work very well as a Land Before Time RP. In pure honesty, you could substitute Human characters for this roleplay and still have it work.

I can see this is your first attempt at an RP, but try to make something more believable in an LBT RP. Generally, magic and stone age technology seems to be acceptable.

In general, the only way modern technology works well in LBT RP is in a serious "time travel RP" involving Humans.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, that's fine, but I've already got 1 player, and no offense, but this is my RP. If you don't want to join, that's fine, but don't tell me about how unrealistic it is. :anger

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
None of us were trying to tear you down; we were just offering constructive criticism. Nobody here said the roleplay sucked. I had even said "no offense", meaning I was not attempting to anger you; I was simply offering my two cents, so to speak. And yes, it is your roleplay, however it is a wise idea to listen to the criticism of others to learn how you can improve your roleplay so that more people would be willing to join.

Lilfut

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Alright, if you say so, but I got a "breaking an obscure rule" vibe. I guess it's just me. :lol