The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT III 20th anniversary

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Does anyone realize we hit the 20th Anniversary of TOTGG this year?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Pretty pre-occupied with other things in life at the moment, although it's nice to think back fondly.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes omg! This is so crazy to think about lol! I wasn't alive when it came out  :lol !
8 years with TGOF :yum

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I remember getting it on vhs for Christmas 20 years ago. Got a Littlefoot light light with it too.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I saw it for the first time on TV back in 1997. It was the first TLBT sequel that I ever saw, but Journey Through the Mists was the one that captured my heart.

It is weird though to think it's been 20 years since its original release, I was only 7 at the time, God, I feel old :p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I got this one for Christmas in 1995.  I was nine years old at the time...good grief, that feels like so long ago lol.

I didn't know much about Cera's dad until this film, and he really rubbed me the wrong way.  I pretty much hated the guy for a couple of years until he seemed to redeem himself with scenes of his nicer side later on.  I think him putting Cera in danger was what really pissed me off.

On a lighter note, I did find the bullies to be rather funny than intimidating.  Hyp's superiority complex made him more comical than scary, and it didn't help his cause that one of his associates was Mutt😁.  The "Yeah, dummy!" scene is still quite histerical in my opinion.  That hornet sure seemed butt hurt by the insult😉.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Dec 23 2015 on  06:19 PM
I got this one for Christmas in 1995.  I was nine years old at the time...good grief, that feels like so long ago lol.

I didn't know much about Cera's dad until this film, and he really rubbed me the wrong way.  I pretty much hated the guy for a couple of years until he seemed to redeem himself with scenes of his nicer side later on.  I think him putting Cera in danger was what really pissed me off.

On a lighter note, I did find the bullies to be rather funny than intimidating.  Hyp's superiority complex made him more comical than scary, and it didn't help his cause that one of his associates was Mutt😁.  The "Yeah, dummy!" scene is still quite histerical in my opinion.  That hornet sure seemed butt hurt by the insult😉.
Oh I see you got it for Christmas the year it came out too:)

I know I've said this before, this movie is what started my hate for Topsy too.
And can't say it's toned down , it's got worse with age.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Bruton: Yes I did, Bruton.  

The 20th anniversary of "The Time of the Great Giving" was on December 12th, 2015. It's hard to believe it's been 20 years since Hyp, Nod, and Mutt were introduced.

For me, this was the first sequel that I can clearly remember seeing the tv commercials for the new VHS release back when I was 6 years old.