The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 183431

Bruton the Iguanodon

I meant remove it and then put up the actual pic on your post.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
And what's wrong with the link? Is it really necessary to put the actual picture in the thread?

There's really no reason that has to be done. It's not that I'm against pictures in threads; it's just that it's not so hard to just click the link.

Bruton the Iguanodon

wELL, Why did you have all the other pics already posted but that as a link? Was it a "spoiler warning" or something?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There's a reason why I used the link rather than a direct image code (which I prefer in most cases). The image is too large to fit on one screen if put in image tags here. It is kind of messing up the layout of the page. I could have reduced the size of the image to a degree where it would cause no such problems, but I decided against a measure from which detail in the image might have suffered. With the link to the large scale image there I found it to be not really worth the trouble to create another version and upload that too. You are welcome to do so if you think it necessary though.

Bruton the Iguanodon

In two land before time books of the original movie a scene is included which is often referred to as the oasis scene. This is the scene as described in the land before time book "The land before time -The illustrated story":
A long time passed and the brave little group was getting more tired and hungry with each plodding step. At least they left the mountains behind. Now they were in a hot, sandy desert.

This taking place when? After they pass the rock that looks like a longneck? They didn't go through much mountains, the one sort we saw them climbing up came
after a desert.

"I tired," moaned Petrie. "Way to Great Valley too great way."
"We're almost there," cried Littlefoot. "Don't give up now."
Suddenly Spike became alert and sniffed the air.
"He must smell food," said Ducky. "It's the only thing that would wake him up."
Spike snorted and galloped over a small hill. The others followed, staring in wonder at what they saw. There was a small spring of water surrounded by a group of thin gray-noses (Another word for Ducky's sort). Near the spring but standing apart was a cluster of trees full of delicious-looking green-food, surrounded by a group of fat crown-heads. Littlefoot and the others raced down the hill, yelling and cheering. But they got closer, they saw the hard looks on everybody's face, and the cheers died in their throats.
A stern-looking gray-nose came up to them and said, "What do you want, little ones?"
"Food!", Littlefoot cried.
"And water, yep, yep," Ducky added.
A fat crown-head waddled up and said, "No food!"
"You may drink," said the grey-nose to Ducky. "You are a big-mouth like us. But," he continued pointing at the rest of the group, "no water for them."
"But they need drinks, too!" Ducky protested. They're my friends."
"These are your friends?" said the fat crown-head. "A threehorn? A longneck, a spike-tail and" - he pointed to Petrie - "and whatever that is."
"Yes, run away quickly," said the grey-nose to Ducky, "before spikes and horns grow on you."
Cera couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had never realized before how foolish it was to dislike someone just because he looked different. All she knew now was that they all needed food and water. She reared up her head and said firmly, "We're hungry! All of us!"
The thin grey-nose stared at her. "And so are we," he finally said.
"Then why don't you share the water with the crown-heads?" said Littlefoot. "And they could share the food with you. Then you wouldn't be hungry and they wouldn't be thirsty."
"No, no, no," said the crown-head and the grey-nose at the same time.
"Well, if you don't change your minds, all of you will die," said Cera.
"Why don't you like each other anyway?" Ducky asked.
"The crown-heads are from the other side of the swamp," said the gray-nose.
"I don't see anything wrong with that," said Littlefoot.
"This is silly. I'm hungry," cried Cera. "Let's go somewhere else to look for food together." And with that the small group marched away. The grey-nose shook his head. "I'll never understand those young ones," he said. The crown-head nodded and went back to guard the food.

If this scene actually existed, they'd have to have a voice actor for the grey-nose and the fat crown-head, which, as far as we know, they didn't (Grandpa Longneck, whose speaking role was probably cut, was listed but these guys weren't). So while this scene may have originally been in the script, I'm guessing it was never completed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Aye, the scene, if it was considered in the movie script rather than being an invention of the book author only, probably never made it beyond planning. In the book it appears after passing the rock that looks like a longneck and before the quarrel between Cera and Littlefoot.

Bruton the Iguanodon

One question: what other scenes are in the book that aren't in the movie (besides this, the scene with Spike and the berries, and the alternate ending.)

Bruton the Iguanodon

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Umm...this question has already been answered several times already on this forum and in this thread (and I'm pretty sure I sent you the link a long time ago)! If you want to know, have a read through the pages in this thread, or use the search option! Otherwise this thread just gets longer and longer as people ask the same questions.

Bruton the Iguanodon

One question: what other scenes are in the book that aren't in the movie (besides things we've already talked about like this, the scene with Spike and the berries, and the alternate ending.)

No one has answered that.  :exactly

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Actually it has, if memory serves me right. People have already talked about what scenes were in the book but not in the movie.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yep it's been answered. Look around a bit bruton, and please stop bumping topics for your own satisfaction. (So no asking 'please answer my question', thanks)

Bruton the Iguanodon

People have listed the oasis scene, the berry scene, and the original ending. They haven't listed anything else in this forum. I wouldn't have even known about Grandpa Longneck's line of dialogue in the book if someone hadn't brought it up in the discussion topic about Littlefoot's name. Other then that and a handful of quotes from the book, people have not listed what's in it that isn't in the movie. I'm sorry, but I would really like to know.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Buy the book, go figure it out yourself. Honestly, stop asking people to do work for you. You come across as very lazy by doing so and nobody respects you through that.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Bruton, haven't you thought that the reason nobody has listed anything else different between book and movie is because maybe there's no other differences to list? Maybe all of them have been listed already?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Buy the book, go figure it out yourself.

Spend money on a book when there are probably people here who already have it at hand?

Bruton, haven't you thought that the reason nobody has listed anything else different between book and movie is because maybe there's no other differences to list? Maybe all of them have been listed already?

I doubt it. As i mentioned, nobody noted Grandpa Longneck's line in the book after Littlefoot hatches---it was mentioned in a different topic completely. Secondly, in a handful of quotes I've found here, they seem to be different altogether. For example:

"I knew it was you all along!" she said.
Littefoot grinned at her.
"You did?" said Ducky. "But you were screaming so loud."
"I was only acting," Cera shot back. "I wanted those scaly-skins to come come into the cave so I could attack them!"
"Nope, nope, nope," Ducky said shaking her head.
"Oh get out of my way!" Cera yelled. But as she tried to stalk out of the cave, she stuck to the tar monster.
"We really together now!" said Ducky, giggling.
"Yeah, Cera," said Littlefoot. "Now we have to stick together."
And the whole group loughed.
That made Cera madder than ever. Pulling herself free, she cried out, "Oh, shut up. I hate all of you! I don't ever want to see any of you again, ever!"
With that, she stomped out of the cave into the darkness. As she marched away her eyes filled with tears. She really didn't mean what she had said. It was just that her pride had been hurt. She looked around, half expecting them to come after her. But they didn't, and her heart sank a little.
A heavy rain started to fall, washing the tar off Littlefoot and the others. "Let her go," he said. "If she doesn't want to come back, there's nothing we can do." The others sadly had to agree.

A really like how this scene is delivered---way better then in the actual film. And there's another rain sequence.  :smile

I found this on LBT wiki:

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/The_L...lustrated_Story

It sounds soooo good. I espicially want to read the chapter "Alone and Afraid" because this part is so beautifully delivered in the movie that I'm curious how they'd make it a narrative.

And Littlefoot's birth is shown from his mom's point of view! I really like that idea!

Anyways, I know there's stuff that hasn't been listed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No you don't.
The reason why the "scene with dialogue from Littlefoot's grandpa" was not included in this thread, was that this thread is primarily about scenes with any chance that they were made but cut or planned but not made for the movie. The scene with the dialogue from Littlefoot's grandpa is a pretty idea, but it only ever appeared in a German language book which was published more than halfe a decade after the movie, and the author of which probably just wanted to have an explanation for Littlefoot's name. Whatever you are going to say, there is no indication that this was any actual scene related to the fact that Littlefoot's grandpa is credited for giving but a mere chuckle in the original movie. I am not withholding any information or anything and I would be the first one to post any further information on a possible deleted scene if I found any.

Bruton the Iguanodon

OK. I guess the stuff exclusive to the books doesn't matter.

Velociraptor777

• Ruby
    • View Profile
this may be slightly off topic but I think earlier in this thread or maybe I"m thinking of somewhere else.. but it was said that in the final cut they made the scene when Sharptooth jumped on Littlefoot's mom's back only shown as a shadow against the rock... well I just watched my copy of the VHS and mine has the orginal scene! It actually shows him jumping on her! not in shadow!

Just got excited about that! maybe some of the deleted footage isn't lost??