The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 175132

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I know that while the film was chopped and edited in order to attain a "G" rating instead of a "PG" rating, Don Bluth wasn't necessarily happy with the final cut.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess most of the members here aren't either ;)

We all want to see the uncut version of the original movie, but I doubt it'll be released ever  :cry

Sure, the original is just awesome, but with the outcut scenes it'd be even more awesome :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

"Some things you see with your eyes, others you see with your heart." And I've seen with mine this whole amazing movie, and hope someday we find it!  :exactly

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Anyone seen this production cel before? It's obviously from the 'Sharptooth and the Earthquake' scene, But I want to find out if it's legit or not. It looks real because I don't remember Littlefoot's mother in that pose, and the wound is clearly visible.. By the way I'm new here.

Newly Discovered Cel?

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry, It doesn't look like the link is working. Is there any way I can upload the pic from my computer?

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Sorry for the many posts but here is the cel I spoke of. What do you guys think?

upload foto]New Cel[/URL]

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well, much as we want to see the unedited version, I doubt that Don Bluth would pull a George Lucas by adding in the deleted scenes to the film. (If you don't know what I mean by "pulling a George Lucas", I'm referring to Star Wars, when Lucas altered movies IV, V, and VI).  :x

^jalistair, that looks more like Littlefoot's Grandma than his mother.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is Littlefoots mother, no doubt! You see the biting from the sharptooth?

I'm not sure whether it's an outcut scene or not though  :unsure:

Anyway, welcome :D Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome Center so that we can get to know you :yes

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's mom, Littlefoot and Cera have exactly the same poses at 16:09.3 in the movie, but the backround is totally different. This cel is most likely a fake.

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Wait I see it. Your right about that. That's the thing with the Cels, nothing is absolute. This thing is actually selling for $200 bucks on Ebay, I pity the soul who wastes that much money on a fake.

Judging from some real Cels and the little bit of footage seen in the old tv spots, some of the scenes were really beautiful and appealing. That one lost shot from the tv spot of Littlefoot and Cera being swept on a wave of mud, then being knocked onto the Sharptooth's foot was really quite detailed.

I also remember a guy on YouTube editing that scene into the film, with the missing portion of the soundtrack matching up perfectly. Though that was also taken down. Whatever was in some of these scenes, Universal (Or Steven Spielberg) really don't want us to see them. makes me think, could they have really been that bad?

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, we don't know what most of them are of, so who knows? Personally I am just DYING to know what they are!        :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Same here  :lol

I don't see why there was a need to cut them, look at the kids series on TV today... the Sharptooth scenes weren't too scary imo, I was never scared of them as far as I can remember.
Also the outcut scenes wouldn't be much scarier than the scenes we know since a Sharptooth attack is a Sharptooth attack... it wouldn't make it much scarier...

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
At the time I guess people were a bit more sensitive about what children saw or people just thought it was just overall too dark to be G. Since the producers (namely George Lucas and Steven Spielberg) didn't want the film to be a PG, they got rid of the darker scenes that weren't too important to the plot like the sharptooth battle was, but even that would have been scarier with the cut scenes added in.

It's a real shame that the Land Before Time was cut and the scenes are lost somewhere. I would have loved to see them for myself. Anyway, I too would love a Blu-ray release of the film with the uncut version, however I'm going to stay sceptical about seeing those scenes. I tried sketching out the scene where the sharptooth bites out some of Littlefoot's mother's back, but this was quite a while ago when I wasn't that great at drawing dinosaurs, so it's really shabby looking.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

jalistair

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Back in those days cartoon violence was a little more common than it is today. If a child could withstand the heartbreaking death of their favorite Autobot, Optimus Prime, In Transformers: The Movie than I think they could have dealt with a couple of the more perilous scenes. As I child, I thought the scenes with the Sharptooth were awesome, I never got scared by them. I actually got scared more from the Tyrannosaur in Jurassic Park when I was a little kid, Isn't that Ironic? the guy who tells Don Bluth "You'll have Kids crying in the lobby" turned out the more frightening product five years later. Heck, even Oliver and Company had some frightening scenes. The part where the girl gets pulled into the car, kidnapped and held for ransom still freaks me out, That stuff actually happens. My point is though, kids can handle stuff. From personal experience, when I feared it it made me want to see it even more. that's coming from a guy who started watching horror films at age 7.  :lol

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: OllyDirectioner,Apr 2 2013 on  05:22 PM
I think the original version of the film was altered quite a bit, which explains why the movie is only one hour and 9 minutes long. I think Littlefoot was supposed to find the Great Valley before them all, but FAR ahead of them, leading to the part where they find the desert, Littlefoot actually mistaking it for the Great Valley. Then, Cera says her "This is your Great Valley?!?!?!??? YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!" line. If you notice the part where Littlefoot sees his mother's spirit in the clouds, you see the giant rock in the background that killed the Sharptooth, which seems like it was supposed to happen before they killed Sharptooth.
The press were shown an 80 minute version just before the release, that must've been the version that had all scenes finalized and it was further cut down to 69 minutes for theaters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style...dbeforetime.htm

Brerdaniel

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hmmm....Maybe if someone should go back in time in the making of this classic film then they could probaby record those deleted scenes for the fans of TLBT.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd be surprised if this would be possible... Though it'd be great

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Brerdaniel,May 23 2013 on  02:47 PM
Hmmm....Maybe if someone should go back in time in the making of this classic film then they could probaby record those deleted scenes for the fans of TLBT.
I been wishing for that for a long time :p go back in time and yell at steven and george xD

Hexadecimal

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Does anyone here happen to have the VHS tape that was sold at McDonald's in the US? That's what I had before I was stupid and sold it and I know for a fact that it had more to the Sharptooth scene than the DVD releases as seeing chunks get torn out of Little Foot's mother really stuck in my mind as a kid. I'm just curious if perhaps it may have a little bit more footage to it as well as I can't remember anymore differences myself.

Is the less censored attack scene anywhere on youtube? I haven't been able to find it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Universal deletes all vids on YouTube which they don't want to be there... this includes the outcutted scenes... hardly anyone of us knows what they looked like and what they actually were :(