The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfiction Audiobooks?

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, for all those who write fanfiction, I personally think it would be a great idea for volunteers with alluring voices and reasonable acting abilities to do podcasts for certain fanfictions...

If they want to of course... :bang

Just an idea, I'll leave it at that...what do you think?

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That is a good idea, but I'm not sure I could find time to do so. Plus, I like to act, but I can't pronounce a characters tone like their voice actors can. Good idea though.
8 years with TGOF :yum

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
True, I also like to act, but I'd worry about misrepresenting people's OC's.  :lol We could always do our own I suppose...although I don't think I can do very good female voices.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I might just consider this tho  :lol it's a good idea!

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
One other problem I have is that I have a Southern English accent which might seem weird to people used to voice actors from the US.  :lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Count me in! I love voice work and fanfics, so this'd be great! Something to listen to on long road trips up here in North Dakota... I'll keep up to date with this topic for sure!

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
To be honest, I'd probably need help to get this to work.  :blink: It was just something I came up with on a whim. Still, if anyone has any decent recording equipment, you could send me a snippet of your voice recording a certain fanfic...can you post files here? I'm not sure...

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I would be honored to do such a project, as I am an aspiring voice-over artist myself.  :yes  Though I'd have to see how I can find time to do so. I'll keep up to date as well.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if my recording equipment is any good but I love the idea :D I'll probably mispronounce a few words here and there and I'm not sure if I find any time to do this but I'd give it a try. Maybe we can make a bigger project out of this  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would give it a shot, if I have the time too. Though if I do voice a character they'll suddenly have an Australian accent..most likely ruining said character's...character.

And most likely I'll only do female characters, though my voice would work for a really young boy character..maaybe.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is certainly an interesting idea, though I doubt that my voice would be appropriate for this kind of audio work.  I think that my monotone professorial voice might work well enough on voicing Mr. Thicknose, but not so well for any other character.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well then I'm in as well  :lol , but first I have to finish my fanfiction. I hope my iPhone can handle the recordings  :lol

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how we'd turn in our voice samples, but I'll probably take some time later to get some audio of myself reading a sample of my work. From there, I guess we'll figure out what to do next. Unfortunately if we get this rolling, I have a somewhat limited schedule for actually recording audio due to school and work, but I can make this fit in.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I do like this idea, but I'm not a massive fan of my own voice and once I start school I'll be on a pretty tight schedule, especially if I start working, too. I also seem to have a semi-posh English accent which is odd considering I'm from Brum. :lol I could possibly play Grandma Longneck or some other adult female characters.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
Brummie with received pronunciation?  :lol

With that in consideration, I might be able to Pterano or someone else with a typically villainous voice.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Out of all of the characters I can really only see myself voicing Cera, the tone of my voice is somewhat similar.