The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Brave Little Toaster RP

Ptyra · 14 · 1311

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I've been wondering for quite some time about doing a BLT role play. I have a slight idea of a plot, which would have several sub-plots depending on the OCs and characters.

My idea is that it takes place in the modern day. Once again, the Toaster and his companions are faced with the new technology of the first decade of the millennium. Almost everything is advanced now. But that's not all the group is facing. The Master is getting old. Will they be willing to part ways with him when the time comes?

And really quick, I'd like to say that I would like to be Lampy  :p

Canon Characters
Toaster - Kor
Blanket
Kirby
Lampy - Ptyra
Radio
Faucet
Squirt
Ceiling Fan
The Hearing Aids
Calculator
Microwave
Christmas Angel (If anyone can handle her...urrgh)
(Oh, the originality of the names!)
Rob (The Master)
Cris (The Mistress)
Robby (The Young Master)

OC Characters
List as needed, new ones will be added later

And we'll get to it :) .

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like it could be an interesting rp.  I guess Lampy is your favorite character?

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yessssszzzz. Ever since I was a wee little home schooled Kindergartner! Now Radio is in second :D !

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Radio, a hard char for most to rp I'd think.    and adding in the new appliances also that gives a lot of chars to choose from, not to mention OC chars also.

How are the other 2 movies?  I've only seen the 1st movie.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
never seen this film.. what is it about?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In that world appliances and machines are alive and have faces, sort of like toy story, but instead of toys it's appliances and machines.  It starts at a cottage or whatever that is and their master has been gone for a long time.  They go off in search of him.  That is the first one.  

No idea what the 2nd or 3rd movies are about.  Though I've heard in the order of events the 3rd movie happens before the second one.

I can try Toaster.  Think he'd be hard to rp as?  I do have the 1st movie.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The first film involves the five main appliances deciding to search for their (child) master, who moved away from the woodland cottage into the city.

The second takes place at least seven years afterward, as the Master is in college working for a Veterinary degree (So I'm guessing he's getting a PhD.)

The third one involves the same appliances with some "new ones" going to rescue the Master's infant son from hostile appliances inhabiting Mars, who plan to destroy Earth. (Yeeep)

The first one is the BOMB, like the original LBT
Here are the movies, if you have not seen them
 Original (Eventually, you will need to go to Youtube, since Megavideo only allows you to watch 72 of the 80 minutes. Youtube does not have the first part, so I would suggest starting the movie with Megavideo)
To The Rescue (I grew up watching this one X3 )
Goes to Mars

If anyone has an OC, please list them as needed...and what they are XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like it's appliances, also animals and appliances can talk to each other.  I've seen bits of the 2nd and 3rd films now.  Looks like no toys, like the toy story movies, though.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Toys would be an interesting twist, though...but then, Little Robbie does fall on a stuffed bear and it does not respond. I like to think of BLT and Toy Story as being the same world, it's just that the two don't really like to communicate with each other.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could be that they are different universes.  It could be that maybe since Robby was there, though still a baby, maybe the stuffed bear stayed unanimated like the appliances and such do when adults are around.  If there are some sort of rules some may interpret the rules more strict then others, or some may feel more strict about doing and not doing certain things.  Or maybe it didn't really hurt.   One could add the 2 together likely in an rp with little or no adjustments, I'd think.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also noticed that Alberto (the Chihuahua with the broken leg) also had a teddy bear that NEVER moved, so maybe they are different universes. I noticed that in Toy Story, there is a red luxo lamp in Andy's room that doesn't do anything except being the actual thing that knocks Buzz out of the window (with a Wilhelm scream)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True.  You can keep them separate universes, or you can combine them for the purposes of the rp.  It's all up to you.  

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now that I think about it, not a single toy we see moves or speaks, so I guess they ARE separate universes.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if you want it that way.  It is your rp after all.