The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

NZ "Hogwarts" Design

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
A hell of a long time ago, I had a crazy dream where I was at a NZ version of Harry Potter's Hogwarts that was a lot like one of my old schools; the Athena Montessori College. Only a few areas were "depicted" in my dream - mostly the Sixth floor, the lower attic, the Charms classroom and the Senior Tower (not pictured here), plus the Fifth floor which was in another dream - so I later filled in the other areas with rooms, and then managed to finish it years later after I finally got the scale right.

The names for each house group are the names my old school used for classrooms - Andromeda, Orion, Ursa Major, Centaurus, Pegasus & Vela. Their colours were Yellow, Blue, Red, Purple, Green and Orange, respectively.

Of course, Harry Potter, Hogwarts, and anything else from the Harry Potter Universe is not mine, and is copyright J.K.Rowling, Warner Brothers, and anybody else who I have forgotten to mention.

Check out the designs!
Main Building Floor Plans
School Grounds
Senior Tower
School Stadium
Care Of Magical Creatures Building

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, these look great.  Really good and descriptive designs, that are made clear.

On a side note: you went to the Athena Montessori College in Wellington?  

Just that, I only went there for a couple of weeks back in 2007 and was in Fiona (I think her name was?) class; which must have been Pegasus.  Although as I said, I was only there for a few weeks at the most, then I moved back to Switzerland. ^^

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Those are awesome pictures you drew. They're really good. Are you going to color them when you're done?

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Just that, I only went there for a couple of weeks back in 2007 and was in Fiona (I think her name was?) class; which must have been Pegasus. Although as I said, I was only there for a few weeks at the most, then I moved back to Switzerland. ^^

Good lord, I was there around that time - surely we must have run into one another at some point. Wow, what are the odds?

Fiona's group was Vela, I think - the main Senior room was split between her and Centaurus, while Pegasus was the next room along.

Those are awesome pictures you drew. They're really good. Are you going to color them when you're done?

Dunno, do you think they need colour? Hmm...I did use colour with this in an earlier draft, back before I'd gotten the scale right - first I used a method where I drew a pixelly grid, but then I ended up with chairs larger than doors and walls thin as paper - but I never thought of putting it back in. Maybe I will consider that; it'll look nicer and help show what's a wall and what's a fancy bit of furniture - just cause I designed it and know what's supposed to be there doesn't mean everyone else will.