The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I'm officially dropping Adobe

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I just learned Adobe got into a legal spat with one of the companies they teamed up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIUcZxBWOa8

I've been using an older version of Photoshop for two reasons.  1. I'm too attached to Photoshop CS4 to upgrade.  2. I refuse to pay a monthly subscription for such a thing.

For a while, this worked well for me.  However, I have now learned that there could be legal complications moving forward due to this legal spat.  As such, so I don't get into legal problems, I'm dropping Adobe.

Excuse me while I use GIMP and others for the next few weeks to see what I like best.

See ya later! :wave

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Please let me know how the other programs turn out. I’ve been using adobe for years and I can’t imagine quitting now, I use so many of their programs. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and I’ve been experimenting with their Character Animator. I also don’t like the direction the company is taking, so please let me know if some other program is just as good.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here's my first quick work with Paint.Net.  It's nothing more than a quick crop.

It's the list shown in this video of alternatives you can try.

Like I said, a quick crop.  I'll see what else I can do with it.