The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

A 500 GB, 6 GB RAM Laptop?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was looking through a Best Buy Magazine yesterday and found this.

Forgive the quality since it was taken with a camera phone, but HP has been able to make a laptop that has a 500 GB Hard Drive and 6 GB of RAM.  How the hell can you fit THAT into a laptop?

Despite the price, having Vista and only lasting up to 3 hours and 15 minutes, I must say this, Way to go HP!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look interesting.  Planning on purchasing it?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Feb 23 2009 on  12:00 PM
It does look interesting.  Planning on purchasing it?
Maybe.  I'm not exactly sure.  I am planning on getting a Laptop for my brother for his birthday that's coming up in a few weeks.  After all, he does need his own computer and all that, plus a laptop would be best over a desktop since he is in college now.

However, I might just opt to take him shopping a few days before his birthday and have him pick one out, since I'll be off and all. :)

Still, I just wanted to point it out because I'm quite surprised someone pulled this off.  A few more months, maybe I wouldn't be so surprised, but today, wow!  We advanced this far faster than I expected. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm surprised at how fast things can progress technologically as well.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
In the past month they've finally developed a 500gb laptop hard drive.  Alienware's have come with a maximum expansion of 8gb for years now....but who has $3,000+ to spend on a laptop?  I must say I'm impressed with this laptop.  Right now my best laptop has a 500gb hard drive and 4gb of ram.  I want to get one that can handle 8gb, but it's always been too expensive.  I'd love to get this machine.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I was just buying my college laptop and when I was customizing it, it gave me options for a 500gp harddrive and 8gb of RAM, I thought it was crazy.  Don't need nearly that much (it was an HP)