The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Official: Land Before Time Series

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I don't really mind if I get in for any part that will be enough. But it a long shot in all and all. best of luck is needed for this and I might be the only one from the UK even auditioning lol

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You're right, but all you can do is hope.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
That would be amazing! You can give us the scoop on the next episode. LOL!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Good luck Wayne.  ;)  It would be interesting to get a role in a film you've always admired.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Had no word yet from Aria's mother. just waiting on word still

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Like I told you via MSN, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am still awaiting on news from the Aria's mum not even sure how long a voice auditions would take... maybe a week or two... I don't know does anyone know how long a audition would take?

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
While I've never auditioned, I'm guessing a week... depending on a number of factors...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any luck Threehorn?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
been while since someone posted here and I had no luck ages ago about the audtioning oh well no biggy it was just a trail and error of trying to get some where :)

I talked to Aria about 4 weeks ago she spoke of things going well on the series. but no new news about it still.

sorry  -_-

-Threehorn

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
It is funny that you mention this today Wayne, for today I got another piece of official information. I didn't post it earlier to ask if publishing it was alright at this time. There will definitely be a recuring character in the TV series. Dorian Harewood is going to voice Mr. Thicknose in the TV-series. No information on any other character reappearing, but I suppose with Mr. Thicknose becoming the seconed ever character to return in a speaking role (Chomper being the first) we may be carefully optimistic.  :)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry too hear about your misfortune Threehorn but it was great that you gave it a shot. Does Aria work for the company or does she have family that works for the company and you're friends with her?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am friends with her and she one of the actors in LBT. plays as Ducky in the series and in the movies. Me and Jason been talking to her by emails and so has Malte at times not sure when he does though :p

(btw should I pin this topic?)

-Threehorn

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If you want. To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Mr. Thicknose in LBT 8. Maybe because the actor voicing him couldn't sing very well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Mr. Thicknose in LBT 8.
Neither was I. Yet perhaps they are in need of a wise old dinosaur other than Littlefoot's grandfather. A character who knows more about the Great Valley (having spend there all his life). It is for this latter reason that I have Mr. Thicknose involved in one of my upcoming story on a slightly more important role (not exactly a major one though) than the one he has in my current story (where he is a mere background character). As for the voice there is a new one. I never heard of Dorian Harewood or his voice. Does anyone here? Here is a list of his movies which is quite impressive. I never heard any English version of any of the movies listed there, but some of you did for sure.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mr. Thicknose, huh?  Well I have to admit that I'm no fan of him, yet I do not mind him showing up on the series.  To be honest, I could care less if the writers just went off and killed him.  Though him showing up as a one time charcter might not be such a bad thing.

As for the one playing his voice, Dorian Harewood, I looked up his list and found it to be quite impressive.

Here is the ones I've seen with him in it:

Kangaroo Jack: G'Day U.S.A.! (2004) (V) (voice) .... Lead Agent

"Static Shock"
    - Future Shock (2004) TV Episode (voice) .... Warden

"Astro Boy tetsuwan atomu" (2003) TV Series (voice: English version) .... Tenma
... aka Astro Boy (USA)

"Batman Beyond"
... aka Batman of the Future (Europe: English title) (UK)
    - Armory (2000) TV Episode (voice) .... Armory/Big Jim Tate
    - Spellbound (1999) TV Episode (voice) .... Jim Tate

"Batman: Gotham Knights"
... aka The New Adventures of Batman (USA: informal alternative title)
    - Critters (1998) TV Episode (voice) .... Judge

"Superman"
... aka Superman: The Animated Series (USA: informal alternative title)
    - The Hand of Fate (1997) TV Episode (voice) .... Ron Troupe

"Freakazoid!"
    - Two Against Freak (1997) TV Episode (voice) .... Singer #1

"The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest"
... aka Jonny Quest: The Real Adventures
    - Dark Sentinel (1997) TV Episode (voice) .... Tigari/Guard
    - Ndovu's Last Journey (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Officer

"Spider-Man"
    - Partners in Danger Chapter 1: Guilty (1997) TV Episode (voice) .... Tombstone/Lonnie Lincoln
    - Sins of the Fathers Chapter 9: Tombstone (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Tombstone/Lonnie Lincoln
    - Neogenic Nightmare Chapter 12: Ravages of Time (1995) TV Episode (voice) .... Tombstone/Lonnie Lincoln
    - Neogenic Nightmare Chapter 11: Tablet of Time (1995) TV Episode (voice) .... Tombstone/Lonnie Lincoln

"The Tick"
    - The Tick vs. Prehistory (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Golfer

Space Jam (1996) (voice) .... Monstar Bupkus

"The Incredible Hulk"
    - Helping Hands, Iron Fist (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... War Machine/Jim Rhodes

"Gargoyles"
    - The New Olympians (1996) TV Episode (voice) .... Boreas/Talos

"Mighty Max"
    - Sirius Trouble (1994) TV Episode (voice) .... Nahmo

"Aladdin" (1994) TV Series (voice) .... Captain Mirk ... aka Disney's Aladdin

"Bonkers"
... aka Disney's Bonkers (USA: syndication title)
    - Frame That Toon (1993) TV Episode (voice) .... Mac

"Sonic the Hedgehog" (1993) TV Series (voice) .... Additional Voices

"Animaniacs"
... aka Animaniacs (UK)
... aka Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs (USA: complete title)
    - Taming of the Screwy (1993) TV Episode (voice) .... Spike

"Batman"
... aka Batman: The Animated Series (USA: promotional title)
... aka The Adventures of Batman & Robin (USA: new title)
    - The Forgotten (1992) TV Episode (voice) .... Dan Riley

"Darkwing Duck"
    - Planet of the Capes (1991) TV Episode (voice) .... Official Guy

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (1987/II) TV Series (voice) .... Additional Voices
... aka Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (UK)
... aka Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Series (USA)

---------

As you can see, I've been quite the fan of him and haven't even noticed. :P:

As I can recall from the Astro Boy Series, he did quite the impressive Tenma, and as I recall, he does sound alot like Mr. Thicknose's original actor.  So a serious voice change we don't have to worry about. (Though I'm not worried myself.) He'll probably have only a slight difference that is hard to detect, but that's pretty much it.

Some of the shows, like Batman: The Animated Series, I have seen every single episode of, so there is no doubt I have heard him before in those, I just can't remember them well. -_-

If you ask me, he'll do fine as Mr. Thicknose, though I could care more if he was doing a more important role like Littlefoot's Grandpa.

-------

Oh, and an announcement for me to make.  My sister and big brother will soon be moving in and as a result, we're getting Direct TV. (One of THE best satilite companies in the world.) If things go well, I will see the series on time after all. :^.^: (That is IF I get Cartoon Network.  Which I have no doubt that I will.)

So sorry, but it seems that I won't be sharing your upcoming pain, Malte. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So sorry, but it seems that I won't be sharing your upcoming pain, Malte.
Not like I would feel better about other people feeling worse.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
never heard of Dorian Harewood or his voice. Does anyone here? Here is a list of his movies which is quite impressive. I never heard any English version of any of the movies listed there, but some of you did for sure.
Gargoyles, hey?  That was a great animated series :p.  This fellow played a number of minor roles, it seems.  I see he was in the TV series, "Viper" as well.  It was short-lived, but I remember it simply because it was filmed here in Calgary, my home town.
Trivia: Filming in Calgary, Alberta required frequent closure of the city's Deerfoot Trail - its major freeway - much to the consternation of locals. Nonetheless, the use of the city for location shooting for this series sparked a decade-long upswing in film and TV production in Calgary as many US and European productions set up shop in the Canadian city. (more)
Frequent closing of Deerfoot Trail...yeah, that was fun :slap

Anyways, back to Mr. Thicknose :lol
Mr. Thicknose, huh? Well I have to admit that I'm no fan of him, yet I do not mind him showing up on the series.
I actually didn't mine Mr. Thicknose so much.  He was a little different addition to the cast, and I felt he was rather well-integrated into the plot of LBT 8, despite the film's other flaws which I won't discuss in this topic.

I for one, am happy to see the return of a minor character like Mr. Thicknose.  He may prove to enhance the series if his character is employed effectively.  I wasn't a particular fan of him, but I found him interesting enough that I have no concerns with bringing him back in moderation.  

I just wonder how Thicknose will be changed from his experiences in LBT 8.  How will the others view him.  He did, after all, help to protect the Gang in the Mysterious Beyond.  How will the adults view him in the series?  Will he have gained back much of the respect he lost when he couldn't back up his knowledge claims?  

Perhaps the adults will show respect once again for Thicknose, has he is being more open an honest with the world.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mr. Thicknose being in the series is a good idea. I do hope that the grownup's respect him now. I never had a real problem with Mr. Thicknose or the voice actor who played him.