The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nick22 · 20 · 1268

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here we are at 50, 000 posts. While it is only a number, It nonetheless maintain value. I doubt highly that Petrie, or anyone else who were around back when this board started in 2001, dreamed that we'd reach this point, or that we'd have roughly 115 members. Now, just by the pure numbers, the 3 top posters account for roughly half of the 50,000, around 26000 to be precise. We have a small group of regulars who remain commited  to lBt. I personally have enjoyed being here, and look forward to being here when we reach another milestone, say 100000. Now THAT is a huge number. I consider all of you friends, on a personal note, and malte, It has been a honor to get to know you as I do, We share a deep love of history, politics, and knowledge in general. I consider you a very good friend, and I hoipe you will excuse the personal tengent. Here's to many more LBT sequels, and may the TV series run for many more seasons!
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Three cheers for the Gang of Five! :D  :D  :wow

Well-said, Nick.  I am just as proud to see our achievements. B)  Let our next 50,000 posts bring our community even closer! :yes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
But who hit it??????  :P:  :P:  Or who was here when it happened?

Very kind words, Nick, and you're correct--I never felt it would get this far.  The pre-Gang of Five board was not doing well for quite a long time...just the right place and the right time I guess for it to work.  :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That would be me, Petrie, not to toot my own horn.. the only other people online at the time were dwalin and weather lord 7. I was the only one posting at the time..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Congratulations for our group :birthday
Let's tackle the next 50 000 :yes  
It took us less time to reach the 50 000 than 6 years. This GOF was was created in September 2004 (less than three years for the 50 000) while there were two boards which were direct predecessors of the GOF (remember good old Great Valley board Nick? :lol:). I don't recall what the post count in those two was.
consider all of you friends, on a personal note, and malte, It has been a honor to get to know you as I do, We share a deep love of history, politics, and knowledge in general. I consider you a very good friend, and I hoipe you will excuse the personal tengent.
Nothing to excuse there mate, getting to know each other and become friends is after all one of the main points, probably THE main point of this board. Perhaps we could have some discussion on our favorite topics via MSN messenger some time Nick? Not as a replacement, but as a supplement to the GOF discussions. I'm sure we would enjoy it and perhaps it would stop me from ramming historical lectures down the throats of those who would rather discuss something else :lol
I am happy the GOF allowed me to get to know many people I'm really fond of. I have met two members of the GOF face to face and I'm confident that they were not the last ones I met.
I shall always look back fondly at the day when I first got to know Petrie in the N54 forum in September 2002, confusing him with a spammer and flamer who had caused some trouble using the name Petrie shortly before that. It goes to show that the first impression will NOT always predetermine an entire relationship :lol:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  50,000 is a pretty large number.  I know that I will be a member of GOF until it dies or I do and I'm sure almost everyone here feels the same way.  There is no doubt in my mind that there will be a lot more posts here.  Perhaps even a million in fifty years or so assuming we don't get any new members or the board doesn't die.  I look foreward to many new members and lot's more posts.  This excites me greatly to have something to look foreward to and to have the chance to make new friends and share opinions on lbt for a long long time.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
(remember good old Great Valley board Nick? )

I forgot about that one.  :lol:  I doomed that one from the start with the gross color scheme.  :lol  You could almost say that that could even be a predecessor to the original feedback forum, which is a predecessor to the original Gang of Five, which is a predecessor to this board here.  :nyah  That's long winded but we've moved around a bit.  I'd guess that board was 2002 or somewhere in there, so the 2001 date is not that far off as it seems.  We've all known each other for some five years.  :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I forgot about that one.  I doomed that one from the start with the gross color scheme.
"Gross"? I wouldn't go quite that far in rating the color sheme. Black background, mostly green and brown apart from that. ONe could live with it. In many ways it was the direct predecessor of the GOF the name and the color sheme were the most significant changes when the first board with the name "Gang of Five" was created while the sections were largely the same. I recall Nick and Mirumoto_Kenjiro kept the Great Valley board alive for quite a while.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol, I remember that board, wasn't around for the great valley one though. It was a nice little place but the threads were a bit hard to find, with this one everything is much more organised. Boy, time sure passes quickly.  :rolleyes:
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
glad to see it doing so well that we hit the 50,000 point and beyond lets see what happens in the next 50,000 :)

everyone keep up good work and enjoy being here with all us Land Before Time friends :)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes I remember the Great Valley board. I remember the banner of Littlefoot and Ali together under a beautiful nighttime sky. I tried to hang on as long as I could with the board, but I think there were a total of 4 posters who posted on that board since you handed it over to me Petrie  Malte, Myself, Kenji,and you.. It was really my first experience in running a board, and I've since learned from some of the mistakes I made..In all fairness, I was given a patient on life support and asked to work miracles.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember the banner of Littlefoot and Ali together under a beautiful nighttime sky.
That one was made by today's birthday child. I have a print of it at home.
Would you like to get an MSN identity Nick? I really think we could have some great discussions at MSN. So far our contact is mainly limited to this board.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have a aol account, now, if You want to chat Malte, just sign up for one, and I'll send you my AOl name so we can chat..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My MSN account is malte279@hotmail.com

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thank you, I'll try to get in contact with you soon..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Yeah, life support.  :lol   I can look back on that and laugh seeing where we are now.  The only real reason I let someone else take the reigns is I was working with feedback forum and that eventually became the Gang of Five.  So I guess I learned from mistakes too. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Since we're reflecting on our road here let me share:

The old Gang of Five (how it originally began in October 2003 more as a feedback forum).

The old Great Valley board we keep talking about... (March 2003)

Even before that....there's an itty bitty section for LBT discussion.  All we had was the N54 forum at this time besides this (Nov. 2002)
Even before that....there's an itty bitty section for LBT discussion.  All we had was the N54 forum at this time besides this (Nov. 2002)

That last one is a dinosaur.  If you remember those days, I've known you for a while and you've truly been around since the beginning of this fansite!  :lol  :yes

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Much of my old posts on the board were deleted, I don't think I could acess the board now from simply Goggling it...I abandoned it in Jan 2004, with a heavy heart.. I had put a lot of effort into it, but there never was the influux of new posters that I needed to make a real go of it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wow, the Dinosaur Dominion still exists? This is cool! I thought it was gone for good (which is a real pain for somebody with a strange favor of archiving everything).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
It only exists on the Internet Archive. http://www.archive.org  Its been gone for years now...that spam attack on cheezyboard destroyed just about anything that was left of these boards.