The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

A quarter of a million messages.

Petrie. · 20 · 1999

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
No that's not how many messages are in my inbox!  :p  :lol

I'm speaking of here, us, the GOF...in another 1,000 posts/messages, we'll be at a quarter of a million messages.  I didn't even pay much attention until I looked and I saw what was there.  What's more amazing is we're still very much that small, humble LBT community started five and half years ago yet through the dedication and contributions of so many, we are the premier LBT discussion forum!  :DD  :DD

Thank you ALL for making the GOF what it is today and what it will be for thousands of messages to come!  :yes  :yes

:celebrate

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yep. if we reach a million, it really will be something.. :lol:
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Congrats everyone!  I'll make sure to contribute a few posts towards that needed 1,000, don't you worry. :D We'll be there in no time.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
ooo, so exciting!

I'll do what i can to contribute towards the messages as well XD

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Well naturally don't spam as if the world is coming to an end.  We'll get there when we get there. :)

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe yeah, I know.....half the time, I don't even know how I got to over 1,000 posts XD

I'm sure I've just been posting casually....cursed RP section! :lol:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, given that we have over 300 registered posters, its not surprising the numbers rack up.. we're about 1000 away now.. i'd like to see us hit 500000. which we should reach around our tenth year of existence...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Considering how many avid RP'ers are here, the rapid growth does not surprise me.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
w00t!!! Go us!!! :cheers *clears throat* "I'd like to thank myself for contributing 1.22% of the quarter million posts..."

Seriously though, the best part about this is that it took every single one of us to reach this far. Great job everybody!!!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a lot of posts.  Then we can shoot for half a million.   :DD

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Sweet!  :lol:
Though, I don't post at the RP section, I'm really glad we made it this far! :cheers

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awesome stuff! :) I'm glad the GoF is as active as it is! :D

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Quote from: MrDrake,Feb 10 2010 on  08:40 PM
Hehe yeah, I know.....half the time, I don't even know how I got to over 1,000 posts XD
I've taken a look at your post count for the first time... Wow. You've been here since the 1st of January this year, and you're more than three quarters of the way to 2,000 posts. I've been here since October 17 last year, and I still haven't gotten to 300! :wacko

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is not so much about numbers of posts I think, so please don't worry about it South Paw Racer. Some can say more in one message than others do in a hundred. If I was to take a pick between one post of very interesting content and meaning or 100 one or few word posts of no real meaning I would always go for the meaning rather than the number.
It is nice to reach numbers with many digits and zeroes included, but last time I checked the air still tasted the same after such a number was achieved. It is not about the one message that raises the number to this level of digits and zeroes, but about all those posts to get there in the first place. And we get those messages every single day making them no less special than the one that ends up as the one that brings up so many zeroes.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have to admit this is rather impressive. To reach a quarter of a million post after such a perceived short amount of time. I personally will toast a glass when reach that quarter of a million posts. :celebrate:

While I also do not deny that the RP section has made a substantial contribution to the rise in the number over the last few years, I can also say with the same amount of confidence that all the conversations, and Party room games have also given their fair share of the %. So in the end it really is just one big group effort made by all of us here.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Everyone can be proud of so many posts! Very well done! :D

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 11 2010 on  04:36 AM
It is not so much about numbers of posts I think, so please don't worry about it South Paw Racer. Some can say more in one message than others do in a hundred. If I was to take a pick between one post of very interesting content and meaning or 100 one or few word posts of no real meaning I would always go for the meaning rather than the number.
It was just a playful note made in jest, but good advice for everyone.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well we just reached in, thanks to kor who posted at 10:06. on to 300K and beyond
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta say I'm not surprised. This is such an active board it was only a matter of time before we started piling up towards the big numbers.

Congrats to everybody on GOF :D

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Woot, yay! *dances* *takes a moment to rest* Okay....that was tiring, stupid dancing.

Anyways, congratulations people.....now another, however long it took to get 250,000, to get to 500,000 :lol: