The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

5th Grader Inspired by Obama

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's an interesting story indeed. I think little special things like those can change someone's life. I hope she can keep up with her new group, for I agree that bullying isn't good for you.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
What a thoughtful idea (and a nice thing for Obama to actually write her back). :)  I like reading about the good stories as they come up.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
Quote from: Petrie,Jul 20 2010 on  05:38 PM
What a thoughtful idea (and a nice thing for Obama to actually write her back). :)  I like reading about the good stories as they come up.
Me too. When I first saw this I was like wow that is amazing. It just shows you anybody whether your parents, teachers, or even the president himself can make a difference.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Hm. While I am not an Obama supporter, I quite like this story :) . I am pleased by the fact that he does show some acknowledgment that bullying in schools is a terrible thing.

And remember, kids! If you want help with bullying, just drink coffee!*

* A joke from my summer social group that happened after my coffee rush and me saying "coffee" in the middle of reading an article about stopping bullying XD

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly Obama's biggest fan either, but I was rather touched when I saw he wrote back to this little girl.  The fact that the President took a few minutes from his schedule and changed this girl's life was kind of him :yes.

Now, to reach out to all the children in this country who are victimized by bullying every day.  The President can't do this alone.  He will need the help of teachers, school boards, and parents alike.  With their help and cooperation, hopefully we can get this under better control :yes.

I hated being bullied as a kid, and if I ever witness kids bullying kids today, I tend to step in and tell the bullies to knock it off and that what they're doing is not right.