The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Account balance of the Internet

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Overall, do you think the Internet has changed your life better or worse? Does spending time on the Internet help your life or are you doing yourself a disfavour by being online?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it sort of depends on various factors for me. During the last parts of spring and the beginning of summer I was glued to the internet for several hours a day. It cut into a lot of my sleep time and I found myself tired and exhausted all day, I was gaining weight from eating and not exercising regularly. It wasn't until I began training that I was able to get myself back into the swing of a healthy lifestyle. I get on the internet maybe 3 hours a day spread out over a 12 hour period. So I can say my time on the Internet was a negative impact on my life. Now, it doesn't really affect my life negatively or positively, since I'm not on it as much.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I would say overall a positive amount.   One can get things cheaper, talk to folks online.  Finding information easily and very quickly in most cases, and other things.  

As well as finding helpful stuff, like some audio or youtube files to play in earphones very very loudly when a neighbor plays loud music so that way you don't have to listen to their music.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I could never live without the internet. I learn so much just from researching things online, and I can make friends no matter where they are in the world. The internet has made one of the biggest positive impacts on my life. I wouldn't know half of what I know now if it wasn't for Google :p

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Eh the internet hasn't done me anything good at all. I use the internet as a escape tool to not deal with my life issues and problems. So I'm not using it in a mature way at all.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, on the plus side, it's proved a helpful tool for all sorts of things, such as schoolwork, hobbies, etc. It's helped me expand my horizons endlessly and helped me discover new things I never would have otherwise known about. It's gotte me out of the house, meeting new people and dong things I'd probably never do otherwise.

But then again, it's also removed any semblance of innocence my mind may have ever had.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Now that I'm making a sizable income from the internet, I must say it is one of the best things that's impacted my life.  There's nothing bad to ever come from the internet except maybe viruses and some people obsess about it.  But it brings people together and gives information.  The internet is by the people and for the people.  Big business has impacted the internet quite a bit, but a normal everyday person can still voice their opinions and say whatever they want to say quite easily, even if they have limited computer skills and don't know how to code a website from scratch.  I can't imagine life without the internet.  I'm home alone right now yet I don't feel alone.  And that's a really good thing.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh my god yes the internet helps me. I've met so many great people online and It's helped me with grammar and learning more about myself and the world.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Despite what I said a few days ago I do admit I have made a lot of online friends in the past and present. Witch is a good thing. I use it to look up helpful sites that will help my life out a bit.