The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A pity for me :(
It sounds like a very interesting plot.
It is almost bound to clash with some of the plans for the story I'm writing ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Season 5 begins on April 4th, everyone! :D

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/seas...friendship.html

Starlight Glimmer is the name of the new villain.  She has a "different" view of how friendship works.  On top of that, the season is mainly going to be cutie mark themed.  I wonder if that means a certain trio will finally get theirs?  God knows we've been teased too long with that. :)

Also, here's an interview trailer that gives us a more up close look of the villain.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/new-...-5-trailer.html

Well, time to wait for when the season finally begins.

See ya later! :wave

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
THE SMOOZE!  THEY'RE BRINGING BACK THE SMOOZE!  HELL TO THE YEAH!

I haven't been this excited since they brought back Tirek :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's been this long.  I won't believe there will be a season 5 till I'm watching it.

If it does happen maybe the end of the season will be everyone giving up their cutie marks so everyone will be a blank flank, or non ponies will get them to, including dragons, giffins, mules, ect.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 6 2015 on  11:53 AM
It's been this long.  I won't believe there will be a season 5 till I'm watching it.

If it does happen maybe the end of the season will be everyone giving up their cutie marks so everyone will be a blank flank, or non ponies will get them to, including dragons, giffins, mules, ect.
I hope the Equalists are a season-long villain.

And Starlight Glimmer seems to be a very interesting villain. Hell, I'd probably think of her as akin to Yuri from Red Alert: Yuri's Revenge ("There is no free will. Only my will").

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 6 2015 on  11:53 AM
It's been this long.  I won't believe there will be a season 5 till I'm watching it.
What do you mean?  It's been confirmed and they have a trailer for it  :unsure:

I wish they hadn't waited a year for it though.  I've almost forgotten what the little guys look like ...  :lol

EDIT
New Video:
http://www.horse-news.net/2015/03/new-vide...-5-premier.html

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My guess for it taking this long is some were busy with making the 2nd equestria girls movie then took a break after the movie.  Just a guess and I may be wrong.  I am looking forward to season 5, if it ever gets started.   I don't remember what time it usually starts at.

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Mar 7 2015 on  04:19 PM
My guess for it taking this long is some were busy with making the 2nd equestria girls movie then took a break after the movie.  Just a guess and I may be wrong.  I am looking forward to season 5, if it ever gets started.   I don't remember what time it usually starts at.
I think it's more that they have other shows to focus on as well... and I'm hoping it's also due to Hasbro letting DHX take their time and not rush anything.

April 4th everypony.  I'm excited

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would like to share with you an amazing Fanfiction I found.  It's about Rainbow Dash raising a child that was left on her doorstep.  Also, the child is blind.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/185251/instant-mom

I found this story SO good, that I had to force myself to stop reading when it was time for work.  Few stories make me do that. :)

The author has plans to make it into an audio drama on YouTube.  For those interested, I'll let you know when it's ready.

For now...

MUST READ SEQUEL!

See ya later! :wave

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Huh, nice to see they'll bring the Smooze back. Only time will tell if it goes once again on full Hedorah/Shoggoth mode on the final product

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm a little disappointed since one of the early synopsis's made it sound like Applebloom was going to get her cutie mark.. but now it seems that's not the case.

This season seems to be about cutie marks though so if the CMC don't get theirs this time around, it's just going to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, we are only a few days away from the first two episodes of the 5th Season.  As such, I will be up to my usual shenanigans of Live Stream Posts and Review Posts.  If at all possible, I will do the YouTube Posts when I can.  Also, I may or may not bring back my Spoiler Posts this season.  We'll see on the last one.

In the meantime, have some song parody from the audio drama Bride of Discord.

The Chaos of the Night

Element of Kindness

Seriously, I love these.  They are beautiful! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so I now have information as to when the episodes will be airing.  The first two episodes of Season 5 begin at 11 AM EST.

Time Zone Converter in case you need it. (Set the time that needs to be converted to New York for best results.)

As for those of you who will be going Live Stream, here's what we have so far.  Note that this is not the official Live Stream Post.  That will be done later tonight. (Tomorrow morning if EQD ends up being lazy.)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/04/seas...ding-up-to.html

I see the usual veterans, but also newcomer CinemaQuestria.

Too bad I'll miss out due to work. -_-

Hope you all have fun.  See ya later! :wave

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I assume The Brony Show will be simulcasting Otaku Ascended's livestream, if they are doing it.  They did last year.   I'm looking forward to it.  I'll have to get use to the new start time.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
LIVE STREAM POST!

Man, it has been nearly a whole year since I last did this!  However, it is time to start it up again! :)

For the beginning of a new season, we have the Mane 6 traveling to a new, unknown area of Equestria where they discover a place where every pony has the same cutie mark and has a different take on friendship.  Can the Mane 6 show this town what cutie marks and friendship is really about?

Season 5 - Episode 1 & 2 Live Stream Links
Season 5 - Episode 1 & 2 Live Stream Links

Looks like there's even Live Tweeting going on.  Darn it!  It's the biggest Pony Party ever and I'm going to have to miss it due to work!  Ugh!  I hate my job SO much! :anger

Anyways, I'll see ya later tonight for my review! :wave

Dino-Mario

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Ah, yes, our righteous reward for our wait is finally here. Yeah, this shall be an interesting season. The map and the mane six' mission to spread friendship will undoubtedly be a great oportunity for world building. The whole equal storyline is a nice throwback to 1984, Animal Farm, and Harrison Bergeron, and those four ponies who help the Mane Six have nice designs and are rather badass. Starlight Glimmer herself was a rather fitting villain too. Personality wise, she's just like Amon,  with some Frieza thrown in. And hopefully she may return, her departure left many questions unanswered. Perhaps she'll come back as the season's final boss but who knows...

Also...