The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Yellowbelly Jamboree

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Here is a short silly Yellowbelly story I wrote. It isn’t serious at all and I don’t expect any great reviews, but I thought I write it out of fun. It is based on the Yellowbellies rule RP. I hope by writing this I can continue the magic of Boogie and his herd.  :PCera :PCera :PCera

----

We start off these fantastic observations through a lone Utahraptor, known locally as a Fast Biter, who was eager for his first meal… Notice how he has a vicious gaze and a hungry look about him? Now, see him turning past that corner as he stumbles upon a Beipiaosaurus, also known locally as a Yellowbelly. The Yellowbelly is distracted as he feasts upon delectable berries.

The Fast Biter licks his lips and sneaks towards his target… planning to take him by surprise. Will he do it? He crouches down and moves slowly through the greens… He leaps!!… Ooh, the Yellowbelly ducks right down to pick up some of the berries he dropped… The poor fast biter landed right in the berry bush… It appears the Yellowbelly hasn’t taken notice over the attempt that was made on him… Yet he continues to eat!

The fast biter appears to be insulted by how the Yellowbelly shows no fear or even concern. He attempts to snap at the Yellowbelly's face… However, the fast biter keeps missing. The Yellowbelly, intentionally or not, keeps evading! How amazing this is! Oh… It looks like the fast biter is steaming hot angry now as he proceeds to wrap his arms around the big fellow… OH DEAR! This is unexpected! It appears the Yellowbelly has taken this as a sign of affection and is hugging back.

The fast biter looks like he has been taken by surprise as he doesn’t take advantage of the situation...What’s this? The fast biter is now nuzzling the Yellowbelly’s cheek as if it were a pillow. Yellowbellies' big warm feathery bodies have the capabilities to make them irresistibly huggable. Even the most heartless of fast biters can’t resist this!

Hmm? It appears the yellowbelly is calling out… to warn his companions of the sharptooth? Quickly his fellow yellowbellies arrive on site, some revealing themselves from the ground with their “tush bush” tactic. The yellowbellies now gather around the fast biter, who looks very concerned about his predicament, not knowing what will happen next now that he is outnumbered.

The Yellowbellies look at one another… There appears to be no malevolence or fear towards the fast biter, but rather, they appeared to be filled with joy. Quickly now, they outfit the fast biter with leaves surrounding his tail and a crown of leaves on his head… The design of the leaf built outfit is based on the Yellowbelly feathers when compared. The fast biter is confused by all of this as he inspects the leaves that were placed around him.

One of the Yellowbellies goes up and offers a bowl with juice made from many different berries the herd has gathered. The Sharptooth is reluctant, but whether because of hospitality or fear of the situation, he slowly gives a gulp… Now he is drinking the bowl dry!

“This stuff… It's amazing!”

The Fast Biter is now speaking leaf eater! A Sharptooth learning to speak leaf eater has never been recorded before! Ever!
“Did I just… what?”

“Welcome to the herd, our new friend! Now you can talk just like us.” Said one Yellowbelly.

“I can… speak Leafeater?” The Sharptooth was flabbergasted. This was a rite to passage ceremony of sorts with the Fast Biter now being accepted into the yellowbelly society. The Fast Biter continues to communicate with the yellowbellies, making use of his new ability.

“I… can’t comprehend this… I’ve been hunting for many day cycles… But I never tasted anything so delicious… Just where did you get it from?”

“Oh, behind you silly.” The Yellowbelly pointed.

The fast biter inspects behind him… taking notice of the berry tree before turning back to the Yellowbellies.

“This is what I drank?... What gave me the ability to speak Leafeater?”

The Yellowbelly that he hugged before, the herd leader, steps right beside him. “Well these berries are what we call an ingredient. A delicious part of a delicious whole. We used all kinds of berries to make our ‘Berry blast’!”

The fast biter curiously takes hold of him as he inspects the berries before beginning to consume them… He starts feasting down on them! This is incredible as Sharpteeth had never been shown to enjoy berries previously!

"This is so…wonderful!" The fast biter exclaimed with his mouth stuffed with berries.

"They are!" The herd leader said nodding before joining in, along with their other Yellowbelly companions.

----

"Okay… Stop the film…" Said the female Rainbow face who is sitting on a sofa. She sighs, unable to comprehend what she just witnessed.

The screen blips back to white as the glow fades. It was turned off.

"But this is brilliant isn't it?" Said the male Rainbow face. He looked very proud of himself for being able to not only make the documentary, but to have captured the footage himself.

"This is beyond silly, but I suppose it's evidence for your theory…" The female Rainbow Face said in reluctance.

"Indeed, evidence that the Yellowbellies will become the dominant species of Earth! They possess the capabilities and charisma to pacify Sharpteeth and turn them into berry eaters. It must mean they have super intelligence." The male Rainbow Face says enthusiastically.

"It definitely shows how they survived for so long… But there still appears to be mysteries surrounding them and their carefree lifestyle." The female Rainbow Face smirks.

"Indeed. If we wait for about 3 years and let exponential growth take effect, the planet will be entirely covered with Yellowbellies and friendly berry eating Sharpteeth coexisting with the Leafeaters."

"Was this simulated?" The female Rainbow Face asked.

"I did several while I awaited your return from that expedition."

"Oh… I think-"

"I need more hobbies, I know, I know." The male Rainbow Face looked ashamed, having predicted what she was going to say.

The female Rainbow Face looked at her partner unamused when it suddenly hit her. "We should probably get a hand on their berry juice, that's peaking my curiosity the most." The berry juice's effects reminds her of the flower experiment that was conducted not long back.

"Way ahead of you!" The male Rainbow smirked.

She was surprised "You got the juice? How did you manage to obtain it?" She then looked at her partner with a glare. "You didn't break any rules again did you?"

"No! Of course not!" The male Rainbow Face gulped trying to look innocent.

----

Earlier on Earth… A big welcome ceremony is going on as the Fast Biter's belly gets covered in mud.

"Your new name will be Scarlet belly!" The herd leader cried out with all the Yellowbellies clapping and cheering.

Scarlet's face brightens with all the clapping and cheering. He has never received such positivity during his time with different Fast Biter packs. He is handed a bowl filled with that delicious berry juice and begins to guzzle it down.

The male Rainbow Face, as he is recording, see's the fun the Yellowbellies and Fast Biter are having. The Rainbow Face sighs feeling left out. He hasn't been a part of any big celebrations during his space travels. He presses a button on the camera and it gets warped back to the ship.

"Ooo! A newcomer!" The herd leader pointed out! Causing all the Yellowbellies (and fast biter) to shift their heads to the rainbow face.

"Hello… I am…" The Rainbow Face tries to come up with a name that suits the locals. "Mr. Rainbow… and I… was just passing through…"

"Hi Mr. Rainbow! I am Boogie!" He shakes the Rainbow face's hand with excitement, nearly causing "Mr. Rainbow" to lose balance.

"I… Was just wondering if… I could join you?" Mr. Rainbow squints at his own awkwardness.

"You want to be a Yellowbelly too?" One Yellowbelly asked excitedly.

Rainbow freezes… Before nodding. "Yes please." He hopes that "she" won't get angry if she finds out.

The fast biter from before sips on a bowl of berry juice. "You heard him! Get him ready for the 'Welcoming'!"

The Rainbow Face gets helped by the Yellowbellies down onto a chair like structure made from roots of a tree. Then Scarlet goes up and pours the rest of his bowl into Rainbow's mouth. He glugs it down… It is so DELICIOUS!!

Scarlet smirks seeing the joy sparkle in Rainbow's eyes.

The Yellowbellies surrounding Rainbow proceed to throw mud on his stomach, giving him a similar belly to scarlet and the other Yellowbellies. "I am guessing I am gonna be called Rainbow Belly?" Rainbow chuckled.

"I was gonna go with ‘Beak Nose’, but that's good too." Boogie said in an agreement.

As he is given his Yellowbelly based leaf outfit, Rainbow couldn't help but show an unamused look as he ponders about his nose…

"It's time for the welcome dance everyone!" Shouted one Yellowbelly in excitement before taking Rainbow up from the ground and dances with him.

The Yellowbellies playfully bounced around, so did Rainbow and Scarlet who got into the beat. Rainbow did some graceful twirls as Scarlet did some sweet headstand spins on the dance floor.

Rainbow danced close to Boogie. “Is it alright if I take some of the delicious juice you gave me earlier?” He asked.

“Sure! Have as much as you want!” Boogie happily said!

“Thanks!”

Boogie suddenly hugs Rainbow. “You’re welcome buddy!” Boogie squeezes Rainbow.

Rainbow is caught offguard, but he embraces the hugging nethertheless, and Scarlet joins in with a happy bright fast biter grin. What a silly bunch.

----

Rainbow sighs recalling his wonderful experience as he gazes at Earth from his ship… Surely she wouldn't mind if he goes off for some more research would she? He turns to his leaf outfit… And then puts it on…

----

Scarlet slumbers curled up with his new Yellowbelly family. He dreams peacefully, awaiting another day of Yellowbelly fun…

THE END.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:26:03 PM by Goldenwind »

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alternate ending:

And then the fastbiter woke up from his nightmare and screamed in terror.

:bestsharptooth

I am not really sure what to say about this story, except that some kind of horrible use of "the power of friendship" must be behind the yellowbellies abilities.  Redclaw might be our last hope to stop this terrible menace.  :lol

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
NONONONONOWHATHAVEYOUDONETOMYHERONOOOOOOO :ChomperOhNo

:PCera

Heh, there's not really much I can say about this story, except that it's crackfic at its crackfic-iest, of course. I'm gonna have to side with the female Rainbow Face on this situation: It's beyond silly. :p

But hey, I have no doubts that you enjoyed writing it! :OhYou