The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I got a job

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I am kind of slow in posting it here (after I have told some of you on MSN already) but since last week I got a job again  :)
A former fellow student of mine who is working at a private school (a school that is which offers additional lesson to regular school in the afternoon) put a good word in for me there and since they are looking for more teachers I ultimately got the job. It remains to be seen how many hours I may work each week and it is not very likely to be a job on which one can make a living, but it is by far better than having nothing at all. And also the job promises to become kind of rewarding in another way, or so I think from the feedback which I got already.
When the week before the last one I was at the school for homework assistance (helping kids with their homework) several of the kids finished their homework rather quickly and didn't have anything left to do until their parents would pick them up about threequarters of an hour later. In that time somehow a historical question came up... :lol
To cut a long story short, in the end I was standing on the corridor between the class rooms (not to disturb anyone who might still be working) surrounded by several kids who were asking me about history.
Robin Hood, William Wallace, Pirates in general, the Vitalienbr¸der in particular, Hannibal, Roman history, Greek Gods and Sagas, and Chinese history, were but some of the topics which the kids came up with and I had a really good time talking to them about it. When one mother appeared to pick up her son, the kid was reluctant to leave and get home from the school.
Like that had not been good enough the head of the school (the school is directed by a couple. She is mainly in charge of the pedagogic aspects, courses etc. while he is mainly in charge of finances) came past and also saw the whole thing later commenting that she liked the contact I had established to the kids.
The following Monday I was to conduct an English lesson under her supervision. I had the lesson prepared, but she did not show up for the lesson. I was kind of disappointed about this of course and went to her office after that. It turned out that she had been too busy teaching herself as many final grade students had asked for additional lessons to prepare them for their tests. However, she also told me that she thought it unnecessary to attend the lesson. Apparently one of the kids who had listened to me before had gone to her office specifically asking if I could become his English teacher. Moreover one mother had also shown up at her office asking if I couldn't give a history class for ever since that unplanned lesson of mine her son was (quote) "not talking of anything else anymore". So I got the job and in addition to all this kind feedback I had already received there was another such situation when a few days ago one student at the school who had had lessons with all five English teachers at the school had to decide whom he wanted to have as his English teacher; he picked me. Moreover I have been asked to prepare a course on medieval history :)
I don't have a complete schedule yet, but I hope that in the end I may give as many lessons as possible. I also hope to be permitted to give an art course (soap stone carving or the like) in addition to English and history.
I will continue though to apply for university jobs hoping to get one in the end.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well Congrats, Malte!  Hope you enjoy your new job. :)

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Congrats on the new job and welcome to my world. :D  (well sort of anyway)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I know you told me already but congrats all the same matey! ;)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
That's fantastic! :D Great for you, Malte! :DD

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Congrads.  I do hope you enjoy your new job and that things go well for you.   :goodluck

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Congrats, man. Sounds like you're already making a good reputation for yourself.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is great news indeed.  Congratulations :goodluck!

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Nice stuff... congratulations. Best of luck with the new job... :D

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Malte! Good luck on the job! ;) :celebrate: :celebrate:

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
Wow, this sounds really great! :D Congratulations, Malte!

I wanna be a teacher, too...

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
That's exciting news!  :D Congratulations, Malte! :celebrate

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
great job Malte. Your hard work really paid off.. :)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Thank you all :)
As for whether the job will pay of financially as well as it does to my mood will depend on whether I will be permitted to give enough lessons each week. I don't have my final schedule yet, but I hope to know more by Thursday.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope things work out for you.   :goodluck