Role Play > Land Before Time RPG

Sudden Change of Species 2.0

<< < (2/14) > >>

vonboy:
"Woohoo... I guess..."

Chomper had just found another smattering of bugs, under a fallen log he had strained to turn over. In this latest lean season, it started to seem not even worth it. How much effort did it take to find these few bugs? But it was all he was ever allowed to eat here. Several times, he had thought about asking about the scaly swimmers, in the river that flowed through the Great Valley, but the fear of being stepped on for just asking held him back. The fact that him and Ruby would soon be forced to leave was obvious. Even that wasn't such a horrible thing, in his mind, if it wasn't that it would be as all his friends were growing so far apart, and starting to hate each other.

As he ended what could hardly be called a snack,the wind barreled in his face again, bringing some all too familiar scents with it. Anger, arrogance, contempt. that's Littlefoot and Cera again, isn't it? he thought to himself. It seemed like everyday, they were getting into arguments, but today seemed different. He hadn't smelled something this pungent in a long time.

With a sigh, he headed off in the direction the growing storm was coming from. As rain started to pelt the hunter's face, his mind was on the other storm that was brewing. Even in all the rain and the lighting, he could start to make out the yells of the longneck and the threehorn.

DarkWolf91:
Cera snorted and stomped her foot down heavily. The longneck had the nerve to look confused, and that irritated her more than almost any insult he could have thrown. "So, what? Was that supposed to be funny? Throwing seedpods at my dad during an important meeting, like some kind of stupid hatchling?"

Part of her recoiled. There was a time not all that long ago when she would have found it funny, but that felt like a sleepstory from a different life, before those stupid farwalker threehorns had come to stay. Now every single little failure could be used as a weapon against her. It was enough to drive anyone crazy, and it kept her rage building to a fever pitch.

The young threehorn tossed her head as she stared him down, showing off the two upper horns that had finally begun to grow in. As much as she hated the farwalkers, she had managed to learn a few hard lessons from them. It wasn't enough to get angry- you had to remind your opponent that you were dangerous. "Don't even bother apologizing if your tiny flathead brain can't figure out what you did wrong!" She spat, thunder echoing behind her words, the first drops of rain prickling her skin.

Littlefoot505:
LIttlefoot, paying no mind to the fact that Cera was clearly threatening to charge him and only to the rage that was quickly brewing inside him, replied: "I do know what I did wrong and I did aplogize!! You're just a b----!!"

A loud clap of thunder drowned out the final word that the longneck said, but Cera knew what that word was. Littlefoot had said a lot of mean things to her, especially with how much more they had been fighting lately, but he had never said a word like that before.

"What did you just call me?!?!" sneered the infuriated threehorn.
"You know what I said!! After all, threehorns know everything!!", replied the longneck with a smirk on his face.

As the cold drops of sky water sky water landed on the young longneck's skin, he then felt a rock in his stomach as he watched Cera's face. As if timed on purpose, another loud clap of thunder made the longneck that much more nervous. He could feel the vibrations from it resonating throughout the Great Valley.

DarkWolf91:
She hadn't wanted things to go any farther, at least not at first, but his snarky comment and the stupid smirk on his dumb flat face snapped something inside of her. If she backed off now she would look weak, and the longneck would win. With a sharp exhale, the puff of breath flinging the rain moisture from her snout in a thin mist, she squared her shoulders and dug her feet into the damp earth. And froze.

Some deep part of her was aware that this was dead serious, that either one of them could be badly injured, and if that happened there would be no going back. But her level sensibilities and her bond with the longneck had both been eroding together, and now they had been consumed at once in a blind rage. She didn't want to hurt him, but she was willing to, and that was the little bit of give that she needed.

"You'll regret that." She growled through clenched teeth and sprung forward into an all-out charge, horns lowered, clumps of earth flying behind her.

vonboy:
The hunter came upon the scene, just in time to hear Littlefoot call Cera something he never had before. Oh, this can only end well. he thought to himself. His sniffer was right on point with this one. This was a really heated argument, with both leaf eaters looking like they'd kill in cold blood if so much as a leaf fell. The strange mix of smells coming off from them was almost overpowering him, and then the threehorn started to charge.

For just a split second, the hunter part of his mind was telling him to hold back and turn on whatever prey ended up losing the fight, but he quickly snapped out of that. Chomper started running as fast as he could, to ram Cera straight into her side. The whole gang used to joke about friends for dinner and the like, but right now, Chomper didn't want any of that. My friends killing each other wouldn't make for a very good dinner! he thought to himself, as his head collided with Cera's side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version