The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 223778

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As night lingered on, Jayden was still awake, pacing back and fourth in his room, just thinking to himself, about the whole situation, about everything that has happened so far "My boss is going to be rather pissed off after all this, especially if I am keeping it all from him and the rest of the FBI, but of course, we don't need them overracting about this, so it is still best to keep it on a need to know basis, and they don't need to know" he spoke to himself before stepping outside for some fresh air.

He looked down at the staff that were awake before he looked to the distance, to the sky and the stars that were out "Tomorrow, it sounds like this Lab 101 place is going to be hit, and rather hard too, if that is the plan, although, it seems we're going to be sneaking in more instead" he continued to speak to himself, more or less, enjoying the night air.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you can have it.. i'll sleep on this couch' Aisha said as dr Landon sat up in bed ' Aren't you going to get your chip put in.. ?' She asked ' already did.. I was trying to sleep until my body got used to it..no such luyck ' Landon replied.. "Having others trying to communicate to you mentally  is a weird feeling he admitted.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Morning passed with no incidents.

----------------------

Dr. Zanasiu was awakened by light streaming through his windows.

"Morning James," Zachary said.

"Morning," Dr. Zanasiu replied. He then staggered into a chair and clutched his head. "Feels, like a hangover from hell," he muttered.

---------------------

Alfred got out of the bathroom. "Good morning, Aisha," he said.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Morning" Aisha said from the counch. Dr landon muttered as he stitrred from his bed. His eryes were bloodshot as if he had slept little " i must have had a bad reaction to the chip" he muttered as he made his way to the bathroom..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shakila groaned as the sun beamed through the windows.  She had a pounding headache at the moment, to which she clutched her head, hearing birds chirping outside.  She grabbed one of the couch pillows and tossed it at the window, the birds acting too noisy for her at the moment.

She sat up rubbing her head some as well before shaking her head as well to try and stop the pounding headache she had "And yet....I wasn't even drinking at all...."

Jayden on the other hand, was already up, having trained himself to sleep not as much, always being on call with the FBI as he sat in the lobby, drinking some coffee that he had recently gone out to buy.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
PFC Reynolds pounded on the door. "Crota! How long does it take for you to take a shower?!"

"Stop being so f---ing impatient!" Spc. Crota shouted through the closed door.

Cobalt Leader, Sgt. Masters and the two other soldiers had gone to the lobby to eat breakfast.

------------------

"I'm going to get breakfast," Alfred said. "What do you two want?"

--------------------

The breakfast bar was packed with guests. A TV showing a local weather forecast was on. Heavy rain was forecast for the afternoon.

Sgt. Masters sighed as he looked at the TV. "F---ing weather! There goes our plans for later!" he said. He looked outside the window, the skies were bright.

"Masters! Do not swear in front of children!" Cobalt Leader scolded.

Sgt. Masters said nothing but shoved the smoked herring he was eating down his throat in one go.

A female Alaskan Husky shot a dirty glance at Sgt. Masters as the profanity escaped his lips. Her two pups - one of them no more than 5 years old and the other around 11 years old - were eating nova salmon on bagels.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Hans rolled out of bed, taking the lamp and the beside table with him. "My head...that was the worst night's sleep ever..."

He tried to get to his feet, and staggered into the wall where the table had been. He settled for just sitting down and cradling his head in his hands.

Shelton was suddenly awoken by a sharp ringing noise right next to his ear. Leaping up and crashing out of bed, he cast his head around wildly before realizing it was his cell phone in his breast pocket. Letting out a brilliant stream of profanities, he grabbed it and flipped it open.

It was a text from someone named Robin Kyle: What?

Confused and half-asleep, Shelton checked his recent messages. "Dammit. I pocket-texted Drs. Kelton, Kerzach and Kyle while I was asleep. Goddamn phone."

He rubbed his temples, and looked over at Shakila. "Oh, you're not looking good. Don't worry, your reactions appear to be mild compared to what sometimes happens." He crossed to the bathroom and washed his face, attempting to wake himself up. "This is why I stay away from energy drinks," he groaned, coming back into the bedroom.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You call this mild? It feels like I've got a hangover" Shakila groaned some before stumbling to her feet and more or less dragging herself off towards the bathroom herself, giving her face a bit of a wash before truening back to the couch to sit back down once again "How long does this actually last?" she asked him.

Jayden, meanwhile, was still sipping his coffee as he heard Sgt. Masters yell and swear "Yes, try not to swear infront of children, don't want them to learn all this foul language you know" he spoke as he sipped his coffee some more.

Aimee on the other hand, was still fast asleep, having slipped out of her clothes last night before getting to bed, however, from tossing and turning so much, the covered had also fallen off the bed as well, yet, she didn't even seem to notice anything, not even a cooler breeze or anything, just sleeping away still.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Corporal Stern woke up, slowly and gradually. He felt weird; the chip in him was making him groggy. "Uhh... Aimee? Zanasiu? Shelton? Where's everybody?" His vision was still unclear as he climbed out of bed, still wearing the clothes he had on the day before. Standing up, the corporal walked over to the door and out of the room, hoping to find one of his team mates.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"I meant mild compared to what could have happened," he nodded, "but it still hurts like hell no matter who you are. And I've seen the headaches last for over an hour, though fifteen to thirty minutes seems to be the norm. Mine was a little over half an hour, but by that point we'd discovered that coffee seemed to help it go away."

He shook the bags of coffee that Jayden gave him. "We could go brew a couple of these, as soon as you're ready to go downstairs. Unless you want to rest, which is also a common side-effect to the post-embedding recovery."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Rest?" Shakila shook her head some "No, I don't want to rest, coffee sounds like the better option anyway" she added on as she walked over to Shelton with a bit of a smile as well, the headache, very slowly, going away as well in the process.

Aimee on the other, soon stirred from her sleep as the sun reached where she was, to which she opened up her eyes, yet, just lay there before rolling over and noticed the Stern was stumbling around, sitting up where she was, not even decently dressed at the moment, still more or less trying to wake up herself, especially after such a good nights sleep "You okay?" she decided to ask him, a bit concerned as well, not realizing that he had the chip in him either, or that this was just what would happen when one would first wake up.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton nodded. "Cool. Just let me know when you're finished with your morning routine. While you do that, I need to put back this room I've dismantled." He looked at the door still on the ground. "That should probably be the first thing I fix."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shakila nodded to him "Yeah, even though I don't have a change of clothes, they were all destroyed in the previous hotel, granted I do sleep in my clothes most of the time, especially when I used to work late.....but perhaps....a shower will do me..." she spoke, entering the bathroom, slipping out of her clothes and running a shower for herself as she let Shelton fix up the room.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton lugged the door over to the frame and balanced it precariously, quickly reinserting the screws and screwing the door back in. He could only find three of the bolts. "Close enough..." he muttered.

He then got to work on making the bed. He wasn't great at this sort of thing on a good day, but at least the sheet and blankets were in the right order.

He checked the clock. All of the people with chips should have woken up by now; in the past none of the patients he had treated had ever gotten a decent night's sleep. He sent them all a quick and simple message.

<Hi, all. This is Shelton. You're probably suffering from, at the least, a bad headache. It'll go away in time. Relax for now, maybe get something to eat, and when we're all ready let's meet in Shakila's and my room, and I can start teaching you how to send messages like this.>

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shakila hadn't even expected to hear a voice pop into her head, especially not Shelton's voice, to which there was a loud crash that had come from the bathroom....Shakila had fallen over in the shower, getting a fright from said voice.  She groaned as she stood back up with a small groan, rubbing her hip some as well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton's head swiveled around. He quickly knocked on the bathroom door. "Shakila? Are you okay?"

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I'm fine....just....slipped in the shower...." Shakila called back "Just, uh, didn't expect to hear your voice in my head is all" she added on as she soon switched off the shower, still rubbing her hip a little bit as well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Sorry about that. Yeah, I probably should have given a bit more of a warning," Shelton realized. "I hope the others weren't startled that bad."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Ah, don't worry about it so much, I'll be fine" Shakila spoke back as she dried herself off before getting back into her clothes, stepping out of the bathroom, yet, rubbed her hip some more "Well, fine except for my hip....feels sore now...."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll see what they have" Aisha said, and she straightened her clothes as best she could and headed out of the room
< I can't imagine why people wouldn't get a good sleep.. It feels like someone's performing surgery on me, while i'm still awake... without anesthesia> Dr Landon said mentally < i'm heading down for breakfast then i'll meet the rest of you in Shakila's room>
 He headed out of the room and headed downstairs towards the dinning room, where the breakfast buffet was set up.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: