The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 223765

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"We still need to cover the basics of thought-speaking before we leave the hotel," said Shelton. "We can't have you guys going anywhere near Lab 101 until you've had at least an afternoon of practice figuring out how to stop broadcasting your thoughts to everyone in range."

He looked at the group. "If we're all done with breakfast, the five of us could go to Shakila's and my room, where there will be less distractions, and we can get this over with."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well, whatever the case maybe, I'm sure you'll figure it out" Shakila told Aimee with a smile before walking over to Shelton.

Aimee just sighed some, now having something else on her mind, on who this Hailey girl was and why she has a feeling that she knows her from somewhere.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
"I'm done," Hans said.

"As am I," Dr. Zanasiu replied.

"You know, I'll go and get you all some new clothes," Zachary said.

"I could use some new clothes too," Alfred said.

"We'll try and glean info on Weyland-Yutani," Spc. Crota said.

"Good idea," Dr. Zanasiu said.

Dr. Zanasiu and Hans headed up to Shakila's room.

Spc. Crota and Sgt. Masters returned to their rooms.

Zachary and Alfred headed out the door.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
lead the way' Dr Landon said Following them out of the Room.' You guys have any suggestions on shopping locations.. I mean the last few times haven't gone too well..' Aisha said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Marcus looked down at the injured Jayden "What shall we do about him?"

Hailey knelt back down beside Jayden, thinking for a moment "Leave him for now, let this McClane wannabe do as he pleases"

"We're not going to kill him?" Marcus asked back again.

"No....not at the moment anyway....I am rather curious to see what else him and his kind have to offer" Hailey replied back as she stood up and motioned for everyone else to get back on the truck again before the group headed off away from the factory.

Jayden groaned a bit as he got to his feet, slowly but surely as he looked around with a bit of a rub of his forehead, blood was seeping from a cut on his head as well, but that wasn't bothering him just yet as he headed to the factory.

Once inside, he looked at the dead bodies around, until he heard a voice, one was still alive as he approached him "What happened here? What were they after?"

"A chip, a prototype chip..." the worker coughed back.

"What does the chip do?" Jayden then decided to ask.

"It's only a prototype....but I'm not too sure on what it actually does....all I know is that it's something about mind control....or something along those lines anyway..." the worker answered back.

Jayden thought for a moment "That's not good....do you know who they were?"

"They called themselves....Terror Squad...." the worker coughed some more before he stopped breathing from the wounds he had recieved earlier on.

Jayden sighed some as he turned his cellphone on and decided to call Alfred with what he had found out "We have a problem, one of the Weyland-Yutani factories was jus hit by a group called Terror Squad, they took a prototype chip from the factory, one that imploys mind control techniques"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Say, Dr. Landon, shouldn't you go to Shelton's room to learn how to use the chip?" Zachary asked.

"We could always go to the outlet store nearby," Alfred replied, he was reading a map he grabbed from a nearby stand. "Speaking of which, I need some new clothes."

"And I could use a set of new shoes," Zachary added.

"We could walk to the outlet store, you know,"

Zachary nodded. "Yeah we can do that," he said.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Stern decided to make use of his new technology. <Can anyone hear me? I'm trying to contact everyone who has the chip in their heads! I was disoriented by the implanting process and I need to know where Aimee is and what we are doing now. Also, I have only received a few signals coming from the others. If anyone is in range, please come in.>

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(OOC: Well, I don't know where Stern is, but Aimee's stil in the breakfast area)

Aimee was still thinking some more, until it clicked in her mind.  Hailey wasn't a girlfriend, or a sister or anything along those lines, she had indeed remembered who she was, a childhood friend of hers, one could say, her best friend too.

"So, that's where I know her from....I can't believe that I had forgotten her all this time...." Aimee spoke to herself "But....why....why is she doing all of that? Killing and all....I don't remember her being like that....she was good....something's not right about that...."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Stern looked around and saw that he and Aimee were in fact, in the same room the whole time. He had only to use his eyes to find her. So much for advanced technology...

"Aimee. I... kinda didn't notice you, girl. Are you having a good morning?"

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton had returned to his room with the others.

<Stern, this is Shelton. You have all successfully mastered the ability to transmit messages to everyone in range, who right now consists of the six of us. But this this like the "reply to all" feature in emails; nobody appreciates it, and your message goes to a bunch of people who don't need it. You will never use it at Lab 101 because we're trying to keep a low profile. Come to Shakila's room, we're about to discuss how to control your broadcasting.>

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, it's been rather nice actually....in a manner of speaking, except for the news, I mean, I had a goodnight's sleep last night, but now, I just remembered something else from my past after seeing her on TV, my friend, a childhood friend of mine...." Aimee thought for a second before snapping her fingers, the name now just popping into her mind "Hailey, that's her name"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Hailey... that name is familiar. Did we see her before in one of your people's settlements?" Stern had a hard time keeping track of all the Vulpines he had met; they looked rather similar. "Also, could you pass me one of those waffles? I haven't eaten yet..."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, you probabally did" a few things were indeed, coming back to her now, especially about Hailey in particular "I mean, she was my, well....best friend and all, I did introduce you to her and all that, well, when I showed you around my place"

She was acually rather impressed with what she was remembering now, looking to Stern by that point, smiling some still "Yeah, believe it or not, I actually do remember Hailey now....I suppose it's like they say, you don't forget your best friend"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Deathwind takes several shots from enemy fire, but he manages to grab the desk that he used to barricade the door and throws it at the surviving squad.  He then sent a spray of laser fire towards a group of explosive and dangerous vials he had clustered together behind Omega Squad, each one with an explosive or acidic chemical...

----------

Mallard & Eron quickly reloaded their weapons as more guards began to refill the enemy ranks...

----------

Vic, Ice, Erin, & Snow quickly neared the bridge door, dispatching two guards with little noise from Erin's silenced gun.

"We're at the door," Vic radioed Aiko.

"I'll have it open just...about...now!"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Ah, yes. I know what your best friend looks like. I just didn't remember her name!" Stern silently took a waffle and then... took two more. He was quite hungry. "I also seem to recall a dance with the two of you. Was it she who got drunk out of her mind, or was that you?" The Corporal laughed as he remembered the sight and smell of a drunken Vulpine with alcohol staining her orange fur.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aimee gave off a bit of a laugh back "You know, I'm not quiet sure who it was that time, by all accounts, it could've very well been Hailey.....I mean, if it were me, I probabally would've have remember it, probabally too drunk to remember doing such a thing" she spoke, laughing some more.

For once, Aimee was actually rather happy for a while, not feeling angry about anything, having calmed down quiet a bit from what happened last night with the DVD.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Heheh, yeah, that was fun. I remember that you were a good dancer. The wooden floors weren't easy on your feet. How are you feeling today? I know you had a sore tail, but you seem to have gotten better."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Ah well, it was still fun regardless" Aimee replied back with a smile still "And as for how I am feeling rather fine at the moment, defiently had a nice sleep last night.....no nightmares or anything along those lines sort of thing"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The explosion killed the remaining Omega troopers.

Omega Leader fired off a burst of laser fire at Deathwind, the invisible beam lancing towards him.

-------------------

Capt. Lutra set the autopilot, drew his pistol and ducked behind a heavy console. He pressed the silent alarm button underneath it.

-------------------

<I hear ya!> Dr. Zanasiu said mentally. He was sitting on the floor in Shakila's room.

<Say what?> Hans said mentally. He using the bathroom at the same time the message came in.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"As for me... well, I didn't exactly sleep easily, thanks to this technological 'enhancement' in my head. I hope this chip is worth it. I imagine you must know what it is like to have technology be a part of you, what with your own... additions." Stern was clearly referring to the mechanical arms Aimee had in place of her real ones.