The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers: Disruptive Selection

Serris · 5385 · 223808

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I suppose you could say that" Aimee replied back, looking at her own arms "Granted I don't know what it's like to have some sort of chip implanted into me, like with what had apparantly happened to you"

Aimee thought for a moment before speaking again "By the way, what else do you remember about Hailey anyway?, I mean, I know a few things, but there could be some things I don't know about her that you might know, and I would like to get all the information I can about her too"

Jayden continued to search around the factory, but found nothing of use at all, heading back to his car, yet, his head was still spinning as well, not too often, but it was regardless as he got into it, started it up and decided to head back to the hotel for the time being, to explain the situation more clearly to everyone else.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
"I remember that Hailey was very loud, a great dancer, she drank too much, and dressed too little. Even so, she was also part of the military of your people, although I suspect their standards need to be improved." Stern replied.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Oh yeah, that sounds about right, well, for her anyway" Aimee however, still could not help but think on why Hailey was on the news before, something seemed to have gone wrong, and if she was part of Terror Squad....well, Aimee could not actually bare to think about that.

"By the way....I didn't, well....date her....right? I just have to make sure is all, I mean, we are only friends right?" Aimee decided to add on, just to make sure of course, as she still wasn't entirely sure.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"It was just a party, not a date. There were plenty of males there as well. Oh, Vulpine males, not humans. I was the only non-vulpine there. It wasn't anything bad, you know. Besides, Haily seemed very interested in the males there, and they in her. I don't think you have to worry about her being... you know." Stern told it to Aimee as it was, without any lies, embellishment, or omission.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Ah, well, that's good to hear then I suppose" Aimee replied back with a small laugh, granted, she did want to find Hailey and speak to her again, but now, finding her was going to be rather tough, and what's more, they had other things to sort out as well, the main thing being Lab 101 at the moment, so that was going to have to wait for the time being.

And it was rather true too, Hailey was like that, granted, she was drinking a bit that night as well, which would explain why she was interested in the males more often than usual.  Most of the time, Hailey did like the odd male here and there, just that night, alcholl and well, everything else usually isn't the smartest option.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"So, that was a nice party that time, but enough of the past. We need to focus on lab 101 and the current threat. Has anything significant happened while I was still incapacitated from adjusting to the chip, Aimee?" Stern needed to know, lest he act on incomplete knowledge, or else miss an important detail.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Not much, except for the news, I was pretty much the only one that was payign attention to what was happening, it was a factory, they called it Weyland-Yutani....anyway, a bunch of terrorists had attacked it, they had a news crew there, until they were killed on live television, and well, moments later, I saw her....Hailey, she was part of the group" Aimee told Stern, pausing for a moment before leaning in to speak to him more quietly "I would rather to try and keep it between us, and Jayden, since he took off to take care of it as well, well, look into it and all"

She thought for a second before adding more to her sentance "Reason I want to keep it more between us is, well, I do want to try and talk to her at some point in time, on the off chance we do meet her ourselves....so you don't shoot her on site, I would at least try to talk some sense into her, you know, find out why she's doing all of this now....because....it's just not like her"

"But of course, that's just a side thing, we do need to focus more on Lab 101, I know my worries can wait" Aimee also added in, smiling some more to Stern as well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, I always found Hailey to be a rather selfish, hedonistic, pleasure-obsessed b!%@h. The girl only lived for her desires. She would get very excited at the whiff of a male Vulpines' scent if she felt the least bit... oh, you know what I mean. It doesn't surprise me that Dragonstorm could have recruited her. All they would have to do is to promise her something base and she would likely follow them."

Stern thought carefully about his words. "Still, I won't shoot her on sight. I promise you that... with reservations. If I am attacked, I will return fire in self-defense, and if shooting her is absolutely vital to stopping Dragonstorm or else serving a higher good, I will shoot... but outside of those circumstances, I will hold my fire when it comes to Hailey."

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
<Hello?> sent Shelton. <Dr. Landon? Cpl. Stern? I need to teach you guys how to be selective with the messages you send, like I'm doing right now. Come up whenever you're ready, we're just waiting around in my room.>

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I don't know about that though, it still doesn't sound like her to just go and join Dragonstorm like that" Aimee just shook her head slightly as well "Well, if I do see her, I am still going to talk to her, try and make sense of it all"

Soon, Jayden had arrived at the hotel after quiet a bit of driving with a small groan as he got out of her car, wiping the blood from his forehead in the process and headed into the lobby of the hotel, sitting down into a nearby chair.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The laser blast penetrated through his exoskeleton, green blood oozing onto the floor.  But Deathwind is a superweapon, a creature created for war.  The injury only made him angrier, and he tossed one more beaker of acid at the remaining opponent's rifle...

----------

The hatch opened, Vic, Erin, Ice, & Snow swept onto the bridge, their weapons ready, but no one is seen.  For a bridge to normally be manned by someone, this was not good.  The quartet hid behind near the door for an ambush...

----------

A stray bullet grazes Eron's cheek, causing him to curse and aim for the one that shot at him, and blasted the shooter away...

----------

Aiko continued to type away at the computer, not knowing that another group of mercenaries have begun to search the hallway, but the group was deterred by the silent alarm and left the area for the bridge...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Omega Leader was struck with the beaker of acid but his armor and powered exoskeleton were completely acid proof, not to mention his weapon.  He fired again.

He activated his helmet radio. "Ariol! Deathwind has killed my entire squad! I am engaging him! Send reinforcements!"

----------------------

Neville put down his newspaper as Jayden entered. "Jayden! What happened?" he asked.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Jayden looked over to Neville before speaking "A terrorist group by the looks of it, but I do have a name for them....found out that they're called Terror Squad, an African-American guy, a Raccoon, a...what looks like a mechanical Rhino and a Vulpine.....that's what I found out anyway....got struck by a rocket launcher, well not the full blast of it, managed to get out from where the rocket struck, must've hit my head on the ground or something like that" he explained to Neville.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
<Coming> Dr Landon said as he received the message <controlling it is important, but if this preoves to be too much of a mess.. i'll have this chip taken out> he said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Neville nodded. "Great, looks like another place for us to investigate," he muttered. "Any idea what they're after?"

--------------------

Alfred and Zachary entered the outlet mall. It was rather small, just a cluster of outlet stores that sold everything from firearms, shoes, clothes, camping equipment and food.

"Well, here we are," Alfred said, "Culeston Outlet Mall."

"We really should have bought our van," Zachary.

"We're just buying some clothes."

"Don't we need to buy weapons too because all of it got destroyed in the blast at the Redwood Inn?"

Alfred facepalmed. "We'll buy weapons later," he said.

Zachary then turned to Aisha. "We'll meet you by the food court in an hour or two. We're going to buy clothes," he said.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, I managed to find that out as well, it was a prototype chip, not much is known about it, but I figure it's got something to do with telekinesis, however, I do have a feeling that if one tinkers with it enough, perhaps....controlling one's mind in the end...." Jayden replied back with a small shrug as well.

He had only taking a random guess at it was all, however, what he did not know who Terror Squad was working for, deciding to also tell Neville that as well "Problem is, I don't know who they're working for, but I have a funny feeling it's to do with these Dragonstorm guys as well"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Excuse me, Aimee. I was just contacted over the "mind net", and I have to go learn how to communicate with this thing." With that, Corporal Stern followed Landon to learn how to send private messages with his thoughts.

(OOC: Who is contacting Landon and Stern, LBT? You should specify who it is.)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(OOC: Sorry, it's Shelton. He's the only character I ever really control; I've actually stated that any other character I create is immediately released into the public domain.)

Shelton saw the two walk in to the room. "Finally," he said. "Now, I can show you all how to stop broadcasting your thoughts whenever you think something."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Neville nodded. "I'll keep that in mind," he said. "in any case, we'll head to my room to discuss this further."

---------------

Cobalt Squad was walking - or in the case of Spc. Crota and Sgt. Masters, slithering - around town.

Most of the locals ignored them but there were a few who talked about the two serpentine soldiers - in a bad way.

"Damn it, why does this s--- always happen to us?" Sgt. Masters said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"It's actually easier then it looks," Shelton continued. "Right now, the reason your message is going out to everyone is because you're not being specific on who you're sending it to. You're just thinking something, and shooting it along the network.

"To send a message to a specific person, you need to concentrate on that person in your mind, and focus your thought-message at them. Try me; send me a message, focusing on myself and myself alone."