The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Genre

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Fantasy...  Mostly...  Not that I really read anymore...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I honestly could not vote any of those.

As long as the story is in great detail, is in almost no way superficial, gives me a sense of inspiration, gives me chills, or a mixture of emotions, I call that a TERRIFIC story. I personally do prefer fantasy over science fiction, but there are even a few science fiction stories I want to get into. (NOT Star Wars :p) I may prefer a genre over the other, but I may be missing out on a wonderful story that may not be in the genre I necessarily adore.

So I simply cannot choose.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Me, I've always been a major sci-fi fan, but recently, I've been getting into alternate history stuff. A good techno-thriller is always something I try to find, too (class: sci-fi/fantasy?)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I can't stand fantasy or mystery or (squick) romance.

Give me a good techno-thriller (classed as SF) or a good Hard SF novel or a action-adventure novel or a compelling non-fiction book.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sci-fi and Fantasy, rockin' the house! Humor's cool, too.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Honestly, I can't vote here since my favorite genre, which I thought was very popular, isn't a choice, so I can only write about it without voting. It is romance. I hear this from every other guy my age and up after they hear that. "You're weird. Romance is a girl thing. What kind of guy would actually enjoy someting like that?" That got old very fast. If only they understood why I'm into it. I am able to say this here since I'm comfortable with everyone. I started reading it not too long after I wanted to date but didn't have any luck. I know that a lot of romance stories have good ways to present yourself to the opposite gender and things to get them to notice you. They even have some very clever ideas to make them smile and laugh. I enjoy reading that because it teaches crucial methods for starting to court the opposite gender and I love learning. Most of the ones I read show a character who feels strongly for another but doesn't have the nerve to say it until the end. I wish I could read more of these where the caracters take more chances and be direct right away instead of prolonging a possible relationship. Some people even try to hide how they feel as if the thought of loving someone was looked down on. I read a story once about two characters that said how they feel almost right away in it. Here is how I wish I could start dating anyone I've met before that I really like. I took out the names because I am curious as to how many people have read this story too. So if you've read this before too, alright!, because I'm having a great time reading the story over repeatedly.
He was just about to head back to his family’s place when he heard her voice. “Wait up!” she called. “Hi,” he said, feeling lucky he hadn’t left earlier. She took in a deep breath, and she finally said, “I like you,” she admitted. “And I like you too, you know that,” he smiled back. “A lot….” she added. “A lot?” he said, surprised, but then the most surprising part of all came. She leaned over a bit, then kissed him……..directly on the lips! And it wasn’t a brief kiss either. It was a deep kiss, that lasted over 10 seconds. He at first was caught off-guard by it, but then he started kissing back. He never felt so happy.
Yeah, that would be great. So basically, I consider romance stories to be an interesting guide book on the methods of starting and keeping a relationship. I like this part especially because it broke the usual pattern and had the girl make the first move. Some people read for enjoyment or to learn. With romance, it is a two in one deal for me. They also show things not to do, which I found very useful at times. I've tried things my own ways before and they didn't work, so seeing and learning from others' examples seems to be more ideal. Even humor/romance stories can have great ideas. I like romance best because it teaches me in an area where I lack and I can enjoy doing it at the same time. How can I not love reading something like that? Later!

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I enjoy a variety of genres, however I do enjoy Fantasy, Crime and Historical fiction.  

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Non-fiction and humour are what I find myself reading most often.  Fantasy would probably be my next choice.  I don't like realistic fiction very much.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yet saying that I do enjoy alot of historical non-fiction.