The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Watership Down

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Has anyone read this book about rabbits by Richard Adams? I read it a couple years ago while I was still in school. I had a hard time keeping it down. While the text was a bit bold, and a bit hard to read, I still enjoyed it nonetheless. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I would like the book at first, but after seeing the movie, I decided to give the book a chance. It was better than I thought it would be.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've read some of the book, don't recall if I read all of it or not.     I did see the animated movie several times on tv.

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
Seen the movie, have'nt read  the book yet. I plan on it thou.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if some here would suggest you read the book first, or see the movie first.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I read the book in its entirety first, and watched the film second.  I think its easier to do it this way because the detail of the book is gone in the film, and there's parts simply cut out.  If you saw the film first, there could be a couple of places you're lost at.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
A cousin of mine read the book. I never read it though. I saw the movie first and it definitely was not what I expected :lol

Then again, it kind of was, because my cousin told me that it was not what she expected either. I did read a few pages of the book out of random and it reminded me a bit of the Warriors books, which are the famous book series about feral cats in their own clans. :D

Anyway, that's how I know about this book.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm putting my site online with my reviews of Watership media.  Still working on the book reviews but I have the films and music done.

http://watershipper.googlepages.com

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I vaguely remember reading the book at some point in elementary, and I think I liked it a fair bit...Can't remember much of it though...Now I want to read it again. Maybe it's time to pay off those late fees at the local library and see if they have a copy...