The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Bashful One

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
"Oh, I'm so sorry." Said Denton sadly at Longtail, he then glanced over at Littlefoot and Mim "I'm honestly not used to having visitors here. just me and my mother."

He then lowered his head a bit

"I... well... I honestly always.. preferred it that way."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked at Denton understanding, "Meeting new people can be scary.  But there are many people who would like to be your friend, including my friends." He said.  

Mim nodded, "Though lonely, one can grow use to being alone or in a small group, some prefer it that way.  Though having friends is a thing many prefer.  Why not give it a try.  Meet a few folks here and there, just to see if you like having friends." She said.  "Though I lived alone for about half my life I find I prefer having friends and someone closer, as a personal preference."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Before Longtail could say anything else he was pulled off his feet by his tail and the figure then shouted "There you are! I've been searching the whole valley for you!" Longtail was then being embraced in a hug, by none other than his rainbow faced uncle!

Longtail blushed as he overcame his shock of having his tail pulled and giggled as he said "Good morning Uncle Cyrix."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton didn't speak a word, he glanced over at the newcomer and then to the others. It was an unusual and very unexpected party.

(Insert The Hobbit related allegories here XD )

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix then noticed Littlefoot, Mim and Denton and at the sight of the second longneck he asked "Who are you little one?" Longtail then said "This is my new friend Uncle...his name is Denton."

The rainbow face put Longtail down, smiled, waved and said "I'm sorry about that everyone. And good morning to you Littlefoot..." and he blushed as he looked to Mim "And you Mim."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looks over at Cyrix.  "Hello Cyrix." He said.  He would have waved, but he had no hands so instead he smiled. He nodded to what Longtail said, "We just met him. I think he's a little shy."  He looked back at Denton, "So, you been in the valley long?" asked, hoping talking may help get Denton over his shyness.

Mim smiled at Cyrix smiling, "Hello Cyrix, I was wondering what mischief you had been getting yourself into." She said.  "It's good to see you again."  She said as she smiled at him.  Finding his blushing cute, but not wanting to embarrass him she thought it best not to friendly tease him by going over and hug him.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cyrix then cleared his throat and said "Actually Mim, I wasn't getting into mischief, I was actually looking for my nephew..." he then cast a stern look at Longtail as he continued "...for it seems he forgot about our previous engagement." Longtail cringed, then gave a nervous laugh as he slowly turned to face his uncle.

"Come on Uncle Cyrix....do we have to?" whined Longtail. Cyrix was going to scold Longtail, but decided not to...at least not in front of his new friend as he retorted "No...not today, but tomorrow morning when the bright circle rises, no excuses!"

Longtail gave a long sigh of relief and said "Yes uncle Cyrix I understand." Cyrix nodded and patted Longtail on the head as he whispered in his ear...

"If you need me I'll be over by the mud pits....and if she asks tell Mim where I am."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Uhm.." Started Denton, who after listened to the comversation that was unfolding before him had remembered the question beforehand of his time in the valley.

"Well... if you must know, I was born here in the valley. I've been here all my life"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Have you been exploring any while you were in the valley?"  He asked curious how much knowledge Denton had of the great valley.  

Mim looked from Cyrix over to Denton. "The valley is a large place.  It is quite possible for one to live here for a while and not see others here, especially with all the trees and such that are present.  After all I was present and living in the valley myself with no one knowing for quite a few risings of the bright circle till certain others found me."

"No need to be afraid of meeting new people here.  Most people are nice here." He said.  Deciding not to mention certain others like Cera's dad, specifically him in case Cera was within hearing range, not to mention certain others.  And his grandparents had once told him it wasn't nice to say not nice things about someone, even if they were true.  It could lead to spreading rumors.  And it wasn't very nice to say such things anyway Littlefoot thought to himself.

"There are some who have been here their whole life, like Mr Thicknose." Littlefoot said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked over to Denton and asked "Would you like to meet our friends, they are really easy to get along with..." he then broke the sentence by saying "...except for maybe one." Then a loud rumbling sound could be heard, but Longtail sighed as he asked "Does anyone know where I can find some treestars...I'm hungry."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor approaches the pond. He asks Littlefoot, "Where have you been? We've been looking all over for you!"

He spies Denton. "Hello, and who are you?" he asks in a polite tone.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looks at Vylor before saying, "I got a little separated from my friends.  Then Miim and I decided to get a drink before going to look for my friends and we met Denton here." He said.

Mim looks at Longtail, "Some are very close.  I was eating some before Littlefoot, bumped into me.  I can go and get some if you wish.  I can bring back a few branches while you folks get better acquainted with Denton here." She said, leaving out that she had been eating the crawlers that were on the leaves as well, and a few other unimportant details.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"That would be welcome." replied Vylor.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yes please if you wouldn't mind." said Longtail with a smile to Mim. Longtail then turned to Vylor and said "Good morning Vylor...nice to see you again."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Good to see you to. How are you doing?" asked Vylor.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton continued to watch the strangers with the utmost curiosity. So much was going on that he could hardly keep up, he had almost even forgot his nervousness and had grown more of interest.

"Where are you all from?" he said, finally breaking his silence.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor remained silent. He knew that he would not tell anybody about his past until they were deemed trustworthy. However, he said, "From a forest a long way away from here."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail shifted his gaze to the floor before responding as he said "Well...I hatched on an island in the middle of the big water....and then that island was hit by many flying rocks."

While telling the end of his answer he shed a tear. "The island caught fire and then sank into the big water, and I lost my mother tyring to save me....and until I found my way here...I spent most of my time in the Mysterious Beyond...but I look at everything as an adventure."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim nodded and jogged off to where some treestars and other green food was, starting to get the branches and such into a pile she could easily bring back.

Littlefoot watched and listened to the others before speaking for himself.  "I come from quite a ways away.  My friends and I were part of a herd that were coming here, but there was a great earth shake and we were separated from the grownups." Littlefoot started, leaving off the part of his mother, a spot to sensitive.  He still missed her, though it was as Rooter said, it got easier to live over time.  He paused to think of her a moment before continuing. "My friends and I had to find our way here by ourselves.  Luckily for us we found out our parents were here already.  All but Spike's, but Ducky's mother adopted him since no other spiketails were in the valley." He said, leaving out the part that only he knew the way here.

He looked in the direction Mim had gone off in, he though why not tell hers, he knew a little of it, but no detail.  

"Mim said she came from far to the south, where they never heard of the great valley.  She said a heard of fast biters attacked her family and she was separated from them when she was a little older then us and spent the rest of the time wondering mostly by herself.  She said it was during that time that she got those scars on her back.  She came across a herd of far walkers that knew of the great valley she had heard legends of in her wondering and came with them here.  We didn't knew she was here till after she had been here a while." Littlefoot said, he thought of how scarey it must be to grow up alone in the great beyond wondering alone.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Seemingly like you, Denton. Is that right?" said Vylor.