The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Best/Worst Singing Voices.

Serris · 22 · 2865

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What do you think is the best or the worst singing voice in the series.

I personally thought that Littlefoot's singing voice in LBT 9 was pretty bad.

Mr. Threehorns's singing voice is kinda harsh for my ears but it fits.

The best is Littlefoot's singing voice from "No One Has To Be Alone".

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I was kind of surprised when reading this message.
Reading this statement:
I personally thought that Littlefoot's singing voice in LBT 9 was pretty bad.
I had to think of "No one has to be alone" immediately feeling that I could not agree with you on the singing voices. But a few lines below I read:
The best is Littlefoot's singing voice from "No One Has To Be Alone".
No one has to be alone is from LBT 9. Do you think that we had both the best and the worst singing performance by the same voice actor in the same movie?
I am always careful about superlatives. I don't like describing one thing, character, whatever as the one and only best thereby labeling all the others "not best". I am rather fond of Aria's (Ducky's) and Anndi McAfee's (Cera's) voices, but also with Thomas Dekker's (Littlefoot's singing from LBT 5 to (I think) LBT 9).
As for my less popular singers I guess I would have to rewatch some of my less popular LBT sequels.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Serris, when you said LBT9 I got my numbers mixed up and thought you meant The Great Longneck Migration, and at that point I totally agreed with you.

Then Malte pointed out your mistake, and now I have to abstain, since I haven't seen that movie yet. The Youtube version of Noone Has To Be Alone is pretty good.

I can't say I've ever heard any voice actors whose singing I considered "Bad." Some songs I didn't like, but it wasn't because of the singing, it was just the topic or the execution of the song (Like "The Mad Song" or every song from LBT13).

My favorite part of any song is  in "Bad Luck" (LBT7) when Cera sings "When a Sharptooth finds you All alone" and audibly quavers the 'all.' I can't imagine how the voice actress was able to imply shock like that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Littlefoot sounded like he had a cold in LBT 5. :P:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 30 2008 on  04:50 PM
Do you think that we had both the best and the worst singing performance by the same voice actor in the same movie?

Oddly enough, yes.

"Chanson d' Ennui" in the beginning of LBT 9. To me it didn't sound like Littlefoot was actually singing.

"Lone Dinosaur", this performance is actually good (Despite the fact that it sounds like it was lifted straight from a western. :lol )

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot sounded like he had a cold in LBT 5. :P:
Did he? His singing or his speaking voice? LBT 5 is the only LBT movie with two voices for Littlefoot. Apparently Bradon de la Croix's (I think the name was something along these lines) singing performance didn't satisfy the producers which is why they hired Thomas Dekker for the singing. Thomas Dekker then took over the talking from LBT 6 on as well. I didn't find Littlefoot's singing in LBT 5 so bad (especially not in case of "Always There") but I am not really versed in music and may not be critical enough here.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
the only good singing at all was the song from diana ross from the first one

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Yes, Malte, especially in the singing (sorry Thomas) or whenever he had to say a word with an "s" in it (sorry Brandon).

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I didn¥t noticed that yet  :huh: . The best singers, no matter in which film are Cera and Littlefoot. After them comes Ducky, Petrie, Spike. Well, Spike just says hmmbrrmmmhmmbrrrmmmm :lol

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Okay, here's my opinion on voices of Littlefoot:

Littlefoot (best):  LBT 9

Littlefoot (worst):  LBT 5

Thomas Dekker is the best!  The Mcafee guy from LBT 5 wasn't too good because he was too old to play Littlefoot and he had more of a gruff voice than the other actors.  None of the Littlefoot voice actors were bad, but he fit the character the least in my opinion.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The Mcafee guy from LBT 5 wasn't too good because he was too old to play Littlefoot and he had more of a gruff voice than the other actors. None of the Littlefoot voice actors were bad, but he fit the character the least in my opinion.
There was no Mcafee guy in LBT 5. Anndie McAfee had her debut on Cera's voice in that movie while her brother Scot had voiced Littlefoot in LBT 4 for the last time. In LBT 5 Brandon Lacroix spoke Littlefoot while Thomas Dekker (who spoke Littlefoot from LBT 6 to LBT 9) did the singing of Littlefoot in LBT 5.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
of the triskadektology, I haven't heard a worst singing voice, but I want to know how Sue would've sounded, as I think Bernadette Peters has an exemplary voice... Tough call, either Anndi or Aria... it's probably a draw

(Cera's Spanish voice is also quite nice musically)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The female Diplodocus's voice from "No One Has to Be Alone" (LBT 9) is one of my favorites.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can't pick who the best is just because it's too hard to decide.  However, I do have a vote for the worst.  It's none other than Petrie.  He not only gets this vote for how he sounds, but also gets it for completely destroying a number of potential songs with his bad grammer.  I want it back to the time before he ruined it all like this.  Universal, get it through your head, it's just not working. -_-

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Generally they seem to give littlebit- I mean Cera the best singing voice.  As far as not making me want to break something anyway.

~Tobe

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
A very nice songs were perfomed by a whole gang in LBT 2, especually the song "Peaceful Valley". Also, i liked very much the song "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond" and mr. Thicknose's song "In The Sky" from the TV series.
Songs that sounds bad... Ssory, can't think of any right now. :)

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The best Voice i liked, was littlefoot's in the song "How do you know" in LBT 13.

The voice i dislike the most, maybe a surprise to some, but is cera's.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A bit of a surprise indeed. Personally I like the singing performance of Anndi McAfee (Cera's voice actor) a lot. She has some rather beautiful solos. But this is of course a matter of taste and individual tastes vary (luckily)  :yes
I haven't seen LBT 13 yet, but it will released here by the end of the month.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Mornai,Feb 23 2008 on  01:14 AM
The voice i dislike the most, maybe a surprise to some, but is cera's.
:huh:  :huh:  :huh: ???  I know we all have opinions, but who can dislike Cera's voice?  Her vocals fit choral standards: no breathiness, diction is clear, emotions run strong, confidence... who could want more :slap?  Anyhoo, that's just me.  I love her voice, next one being Ducky's only 'cuz she needs some work on her breath support.  I would also love to hear Tria sing.  She has a pretty speaking voice and a potentially great singing voice.  Now for the negatives.  Mr. Thicknose's voice, well, gets on my nerves when he sings.  I must also admit, Petrie's bad grammar gets in the way at times of potentially good solos on his part <_<.  They also need to work on getting Mr. Threehorn to stop using a metal rockstar sound in LBT songs.  I love rock and am not bashing it whatsoever.  I mean, if all he can do is grunt and roar, they outta have his songs be rock songs.  It would probably fit his personality better :lol.