The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Update: Finally! =P

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Yep, found employment again. Making $8.00 an hour doing what I was doing for $16.35 an hour months before. Working a brake press machene in a local factory. =P

The job is a temp job. But if I do a really good job for the next ninty days, I may get a dollar raise and be able to keep the job... (its a 50/50 chance, really)

I work mondays through thursdays, 5 in the morning to 3:30 in the afternoon (I was told not to get used to this schedule, it may only be temporary. It was arranged to help employes with the crazy bi-polar-ish gas crises.) fridays saturdays and sundays I have off. Each workday gives me two ten minute breaks and one thirty minute lunch. Thats not including the fact that some of the machines are sitting jobs, so my feet may get plenty of rest from time to time while my hands and arms do all the heavy work.

I'm a bit dissapointed by the pay, and with it being a temp job, I'm not certain it'll help me to get into my own lil crib anytime soon. But looking on the bright side, its a step in the right direction.

The way I view things is simple. There is no way from here but up. I must keep seeking better opertunities to help me to get where I want to be. So I'm to be keeping a sharp eye out for any certain job opertunities. I've even thought about looking into ITT Tech to see what classes they offer and how they can help me to get into a good paying career.

It seems I'm able to keep my car. I told some of you a few days back about the possibility of me letting my current one go and purchasing another one from my step-pa's friend for a cheap buck. But it seems its not going to work that way. The $300 car note remains over my head... but hey, with a job, I may be able to get that note caught up and return to a steady monthly payment until this sucker is paid off........ *sighs*

Writting is still coming along. I've started working on short children's books during the early morning hours. I still work on the big novel bits at night before going to bed. While it may take nearly a year to get one of the big books done, it may only take weeks to get a simple kids book completed. I feel this would make me feel more confident in my work and accomplished. It really helps that I have a friend who is an independant publisher. She may publish my children's pieces. Or help me to find an agent atleast =)

And yes, I will be doing the illustrations for all these projects. And yes, I will continue to keep you all updated on the progress.

More of that soon!

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
That's great! You found a job! Although the payment is low, its a good go, right?

So, you say you've started working on the writing? Good luck for it!

I wish I could finish mine, too... its almost done and I can't find an ending... can you believe this?!

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Quote from: Explorer,Oct 15 2008 on  04:24 PM
Great! You found a job! That's a good go!

So, you say you've started working on the writing? Good luck for it!
Actually, matey, I've been writting for some time. I havent started on it, just proceeded with it =)

I've been updating on it off and on over the recent weeks.

Thanks for the congrads though  :yes  :wave

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If nothing else the temp job will give you some money you you can hopefully put aside and help you at least partially caught up.  

you may be tired but hopefully you'll still have a chance to look for a permanent job at the some time, at least to some degree.  

Good luck on finding a permanent job.   Also don't feel bad or adverse to maybe taking a part time to get some money while you look.  

Shorter children's books may help you get published faster then the few large books.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, any income is better than none at all. Good job, and I'm not talking about the job you just got.

Hoping for the best,
Austin (the CTY loving one)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Good to hear, Aves. :) Best of wishes, mate. ;) Yahweh bless you... :^.^:
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yay good to hear :^.^: The money isn't too good, but for a temp job I guess it's okay. Hope ya can find something even better. Cool that you can still keep writing.. :) Good luck with everything, Aves.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Congratulations Brian! :yes
Look at the half full glass now rather than the half empty, for that's the way to fill it up up to the rim.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Guess all solved out, the car, and a temp. job.
Good luck with your writing and with the search of a permenent job.
I'm sure things will go just fine :yes

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Ahh...I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet. I do hope things go well for you! :yes

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 This is awesome, you were in real need to get a job and all that search finally began bringing some fruits.
 Good luck with your job, it is very good to see you happy again (or at least, with a good relief :DD ).

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Go into network security.  Then I can hire you.  :p