The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The end of Elmo

jedi472 · 20 · 1498

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
A bunch of drunk retards blowing up an elmo toy right next to some grass.............smart..........

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hehe, if ya think that was dumb, watch some of the vids of objects blowing up in microwaves :lol.  Oh, and the Barney hate vids.  He is blown away in almost every one of them; how original :rolleyes:.  Heed my warning...don't watch them.  My brain's too broke to do my homework now... :wacko:.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Sep 10 2008 on  11:16 PM
Hehe, if ya think that was dumb, watch some of the vids of objects blowing up in microwaves :lol.  Oh, and the Barney hate vids.  He is blown away in almost every one of them; how original :rolleyes:.  Heed my warning...don't watch them.  My brain's too broke to do my homework now... :wacko:.
Yeah I've seen a few of those.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess many folks hate Barney and Elmo.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey I'm not particularly fond of those characters either, but you don't see me blowing off the heads of dolls. :rolleyes: How immature.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"The end of Elmo". Those very words are music to my ears.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I think, i missed the point. What was that about, again?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think the point is since so many folks hate Elmo (and Barney too I think) that seeing a toy of him destroyed some will find funny, and they may like the idea of his not appearing around like he does, in sesame street and other places.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I've never been into Sesamstreet and I never saw anything from Barney either. I don't want to be the kill joy, but I remember how mad some of us got about movies which depicted LBT characters in a similar manner. There can be no doubt that there is an extreme double standard if the same people enjoy characters being blown to pieces, which others may hold as dear as we do the LBT characters.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
So stupid... :lol
And the slow motion laugther at 1:37m...reminded me of the most stupid stuff :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Elmo..... The mascot of a scoutinggroup who wins the scout games every year.. lol.. they once left a huge elmo doll at the bathroom, we were too nice and didnt do anything with it though.. :p But I can tell ya, we no like elmo!

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hilarious!
Not familiar with this Elmo, but this made me laugh hard!  :lol  :lol:

.......I gotta try this!  :wow
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Hm...for some reason I didn't find the humor in this...I just don't find anything funny with blowing stuff up... -_-

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Malte, its no double standard, and no one's going to be upset about our personal delight. We're commenting on this on the privacy of our own sight, not effecting or antagonizing the Elmo fans in any way, shape, or form.
Now if we made a site celebrating this video, complete with articles slamming Elmo non-stop, then there'd be an issue.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Sep 12 2008 on  08:58 PM
Hm...for some reason I didn't find the humor in this...I just don't find anything funny with blowing stuff up... -_-
Yeah.  There is nothing funny about this, and I hope my sarcasm in my previous post did not come across as finding such immature activity humorous or even supporting such an act of stupidity -_-.  In fact, it is so stupifying my brain probably looked like that nuked Furbie (I think that's how it's spelled).  I could never stand those toys, but I would not do that to offend fans or even risk ruining a microwave for pure stupidity.  I dunno...my mother would've had a stroke if I ever did that to the microwave :p.  Besides, where the heck are their folks?  Why are they not involved in some kind of constructive extracurricular activity?  I asked that question when a classmate of mine got seriously injured a few years ago.  This guy and two chums were playing with gasoline and matches in a make-shift fort.  I have no idea how the guy did not notice he had splashed gasoline allover his baggy clothing :o.  Well, he became a human sparkler and ended up with second and third-degree burns allover at least sixty percent of his body :x.  Anyhoo, for those who may consider partaking in such activity, I hope this story will at least warn them of what could happen should something go wrong, if not discourage them from doing it to begin with <_<.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, I've been looking back on this post, and I don't think people really got the point of this video. Truthfully, there wasn't one, it's just a couple of people blowing things up. I for one thought it was funny just because of the sheer randomness of the whole situation, not to mention the drinking joke at the end. I can understand why some don't like it, but I'm pretty sure this was just some harmless fun that wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I only meant to point out that I can almost see the reactions of some people here if the same kind of stuff was conducted on a plush or toy of any LBT character. So long this is being enjoyed by us the same people should not be too outraged about the cases of LBT bashing which outrage people here on a somewhat regular basis.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
*BOOBEEP*

LCARS UPDATE:  Establishing Latant User Refuge Cloud dispersement parameters. Working.......................................................

L.U.R.C emitters repolarized.  Standby...

DE-LURCING COMPLETE

I'll reference two things.  The first being the "It's only funny when it doesn't affect me" syndrome.   This of course applies directly to things of this nature just as our malted milkshake inferred.  Group A likes X.  Group B hates X.  Group C is ambivalent to X.

Members of B or C make a video mocking X in some fashion.  

B's laugh hysterically.  C's giggle as any person does at mindless slapstick.  A's will have one of two reactions.   The first being to take an objective viewpoint and see the humor in it and just choose not to reply.  The second being the second thing I'm going to reference...

"Professional Victim"s  (hereby refered to as PV's) as the "Series of Tubes" has dubbed them travel the internet always ready to take offense of something that might grate them the wrong way.  Part of the any group will have "professional victims".

In this instance:  The A PV's will take extreme offense that X is being mocked.   The B PV's will become violently defensive that the A PV's took  an offensive position.  And the C PV's will feed the flamewar by saying both sides are being "dramaqueens" in taking such extreme stances.

The solution?  Everyone learn to laugh at themselves.  You'll be better for it.  :p

LCARS UPDATE:  Reinitializing L.U.R.C. protocol.  Please stand by while emitters are repolarized....

LURCING...