The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Well, Pan sucked.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The film had promise, and it was good for about the first half-hour to forty minutes, but after they get into the Neverland jungle, proper, it all goes downhill quickly with moments of brilliance occasionally mixed in.

You know that whole You are the chosen one, the one destined to liberate us thing that the Tim Burton Alice film and the Harry Potter films had going on. Yeah, that. They took it and applied it to Peter Pan. You would think Blackbeard is bad, we need to get rid of him would be enough, but nope, they had to toss in the chosen one plot that has ruined so many good stories.

Even Jackman is dragged down by the script. His first twenty minutes were awesome as he plays a hilariously over the top villain, but then even he gets sucked into the blackhole of the script.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have not seen it yet, so I will reserve personal judgement, but the film certainly has not done well at the box office thus far.  It looks like it will be a major financial flop if this weekend's totals are any indication.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
With alternatives like The Martian also in theaters?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Oct 11 2015 on  07:24 PM
With alternatives like The Martian also in theaters?
Definitely what I will be seeing instead. :)

In truth, I had hope for Pan, but after seeing your thoughts, along with the poor score of 23 on Rotten Tomatoes, I won't be seeing it anytime soon.  The Martian shall be taking my money instead. :D

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't seen the movie, only previews of it while going to see other movies. Course I can't exactly judge from previews but from the Previews they did show it did seem over the top and silly. But that just be me already sick of the movie since I was forced to look at a projected theater poster of it for 8 minutes while cinema sounds played in the background.

When it comes out on DVD may rent it just to check it out, but seems they kiddy-fied it to much, I get it's a PG rating but seriously, it seems like a good chance missed. Like War Horse..could of made an epic war film from the horses point of view, but instead it was kiddy-fied and almost laughable. Much as I love horses and horse movies, I had to force myself to watch that one to the end.

Pan seems like another Pixels to me, a lot of hype but in the end flops.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Blackbeard?  Really?  Is he just the generic pirate villain now?  What the heck ever happened to Captain Hook?  I never even knew about this movie and I don't think I'll waste my time checking it out either.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
hook is in it as an ally to peter, before they become enemies.. which really doesnt make much sense.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hook is basically Han Solo in this movie.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Oct 31 2015 on  05:47 PM
Uhhhhhhg!  I shudder to think what they're gonna to to The Jungle Book.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: F-14 Ace,Nov 23 2015 on  06:54 PM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Oct 31 2015 on  05:47 PM
Uhhhhhhg!  I shudder to think what they're gonna to to The Jungle Book.
Pan wasn't a Disney production. Its Warner Bros. The way it turned out does not reflect in any way on the upcoming Jungle Book film.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That's depressing.
The trailer for Pan looked fantastic - one of the better trailers I'd seen in awhile.