The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RIP 'Lassie'

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again life has came and slapped me across the face.

On the night of 1st of this month my elder dog Lassie took a sudden turn, she collapsed and was unable to stand again her back legs completely stopped working.

I had to hold her up just so she could drink, sadly my town doesn't have a 24 hour vet office so there was nothing I could do at the time.

I stayed up all night with her and knew she was in agony, she yelped and howled all through the night. It broke my heart seeing this.

Soon as the vets open in the morning I rushed her in only to have my heart broken. Lassie was dying and it wasn't going to be a peaceful death.

I opted to put her to sleep that morning, I was with her stroking her head as she took her final breaths.

It didn't fully hit me until I reached my car and it was then I broke down.

I am 20 now and got Lassie when I was 6. That is 14 years by my side and on that day I had to choose to end her life.

I get comfort in knowing I did the right thing for Lassie, I just miss her so much she was a member of my family, all my animals are part of my family for me losing Lassie was like losing my oldest child.

As I write this I'm  half expecting for her to poke her head around the corner. My other animals seem to know Lassie is gone.

R.I.P Lassie, you're not suffering anymore. Goodbye my friend.

Can I have something good happen to me...please..?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
had something similar happen to my old dog Chloe. We had just had her undergo surgery to remove a large fatty growth. She started throwing up stuff, and then she had trouble standing and her poop was black and smelled like something was decaying. We finally took her to the vet and found out that her intestine had ruptured(most likely due to an undetected cancer) and she was turning septic. So we had a choice. either operate on her immediately which would cost several thousand dollars,  force an 11 year dog to endure a very lengthy surgery, and which would only have  a coin flips chance of succeeding, or put her to sleep. We very reluctantly chose the latter, as even had the surgery been successful, her quality of life would be diminished, and there was no guarantee that she would not die during the surgery. I'm sorry for your loss Nahla. Losing a pet is always hard, particularly one that has been a family member for a long time.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm so so sorry, Nahla. If you need to talk, I'm here  :(petrie
Inactive, probably forever.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh no!  :cry
I'm so sorry to hear about your pup. I'm sure she had 14 wonderful years filled with love and happiness.