The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Descendants Of The Mountains prologue challenge

nicholas1998

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello There, Fans Of Nahla's Descendants of The Mountains.

My name is Nicholas1998. I am the hugest fan of Nahla's #1 fanfiction.

I am looking for people who have read and love the first chapter of that story by Nahla.

I love the parts where Nahla and Littlefoot have a point of view or thoughts as being born and as Hatchlings.

I love Littlefoot. Littlefoot is my very favorite character along with his mother named Jenna, Bron, Grandma and Grandpa.

I love Littlefoot more when he was just hatchlings in Nahla's alternate universe.

The Challenge or request that i have in mind is Having a story or fanfiction that takes place in Nahla's universe in the great valley with Jenna and Bron having a hatchling.

The story request is a prologue to Descendants of The mountains chapter 1.

The request story takes Place in the same universe of Descendants of the mountains. We go back to the time where Littlefoot's thoughts inside his egg and as hatchling.

I am opened to any one who has read and love Descendants of the mountains.

Please reply or email me. It would be an honor to meet and know you.

Nicholas1998

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As explained in my PM reply to you, nicholas, such a derived story cannot be posted to this forum without Nahla's express consent, as it involves both a setting and an original character that she came up with.  If she lets the forum know that this is acceptable to her by PMing one of us admins and giving her 'okay' then this may proceed, otherwise such a story will not be posted to the forum.  

I have already told you this once several months ago when you sent an email to me on this matter, and I told you again when you PMed me about the matter last night.  Do NOT make me or the other admins tell you this again - and when an admin gives you an answer do NOT attempt to go around it by posting your already rejected request directly to the forum.  Such activity would not end well for you.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know the original poster as banned but I ask please do not take my OCs and the original setting of my fanfic, you're welcome to write something based off it but not outright steal my story that I worked hard on, even if you do give me credit it is disrespectful. The story is set in the LBT world which of course I do not own but it is my own universe and AU I created using canon LBT characters mixed in with OC's to create a new world.

I am aware I have not updated it in a long time, but it's still my story and does not mean it's free for all to take and use.  I do plan on re-writing it from the beginning with changes some OC's the original will remain up but will not be advanced further.

I only saw this post now as I'm in my final year of Uni now so busy, on top of getting my horses ready to show and taking care of all my pets.

Admins, if this does happen again, I do NOT give permission for my works and OCs to be used by others. Of course you can't do anything about it offsite but if it's published on here I ask you please remove it.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nahla,Aug 28 2017 on  12:39 AM
I know the original poster as banned but I ask please do not take my OCs and the original setting of my fanfic, you're welcome to write something based off it but not outright steal my story that I worked hard on, even if you do give me credit it is disrespectful. The story is set in the LBT world which of course I do not own but it is my own universe and AU I created using canon LBT characters mixed in with OC's to create a new world.

I am aware I have not updated it in a long time, but it's still my story and does not mean it's free for all to take and use.  I do plan on re-writing it from the beginning with changes some OC's the original will remain up but will not be advanced further.

I only saw this post now as I'm in my final year of Uni now so busy, on top of getting my horses ready to show and taking care of all my pets.

Admins, if this does happen again, I do NOT give permission for my works and OCs to be used by others. Of course you can't do anything about it offsite but if it's published on here I ask you please remove it.
Thank you for the clarification, Nahla, it is nice to hear from you again.  We are actually in the process of finalizing some rule changes for the forum to specifically protect original characters from use by other authors except for when the original author gives express consent to do so.  As you have made your stance quite clear, we will not permit others to use your OCs.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Will there be a place for authors to give express consent for anyone to use their characters or settings, rhombus? I love when people borrow my characters, f-22 is using a few of them right now in one of his fan fictions. I want to make sure nobody gets in trouble for using my creations even if they didn't directly ask me permission.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Aug 28 2017 on  03:54 PM
Will there be a place for authors to give express consent for anyone to use their characters or settings, rhombus? I love when people borrow my characters, f-22 is using a few of them right now in one of his fan fictions. I want to make sure nobody gets in trouble for using my creations even if they didn't directly ask me permission.
Good question.

If the author who originally made a character is on the forum then there are two ways to show consent:

1)  Have an author's note on the original story confirming that the characters may be used by others.

Or

2) Make a post on the topic of the story where a character is being reused wherein you confirm that you give consent for the re-use of your characters.

If the author who originally made a character is not a member of the forum then either:

1) A link can be provided in the story topic where we can see the original author consenting to the use of their characters on another website, Twitter, or whatever.

Or

2) We admins can be emailed by the author in question to confirm that they gave their consent.