The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Star Trek VS Star Wars

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Could a Sith or Jedi pwn God? Because Q has all the capabilities of Yahweh himself, including immortality, invulnerability and the ability to alter timelines. How would a Jedi or a Sith beat that?

(BTW I love how we just pick this back up completely ignoring the 4-month gap in the middle :lol )

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Jedi and sith can return to guide people after they die Q can't do that (I know I just thought it would be cool to get this topic active again :DD )

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Oct 25 2008 on  08:02 PM
I know I just thought it would be cool to get this topic active again :DD
Agreed. I love sci fi in all forms, and this is one of the funnest questions to banter about. Hopefully lots of other people join in.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lightspeed is better I found a parody vid on youtube based on Trekkie assumption that it took 5 days for the Rebel fleet to reach Endor in "Return Of The Jedi"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxSTNZNbTo
(Warning this has some cussing)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Last Bastion is another good SW VS ST vid on youtube.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here's part one of the ultimate star wars vs star trek movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzd6eu9GtU the other parts are in the related videos thread.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
If Q was ever brought into the fight, I'm not sure SW would have a chance. Only some mystical Force power could possibly work on him. But consider this: do Q's powers work only in his universe, or would they transcend with him? Is Q even capable of leaving the universe?

Same goes for SW: is the Force even a factor in the ST universe? Does the ST universe have the vaunted hyperspace tunnels, giving SW ships a tremendous advantage in speed?

And if these two universes ever collided, on whose turf would it be?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Oct 25 2008 on  09:09 PM

And if these two universes ever collided, on whose turf would it be?
it would be some netural galaxy.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A tale of two galaxies on youtube will answer your question jedi472.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I actually think jedi472's idea was a good one. Have the battle take place Force- and Q-free. That way, it's only fleet against fleet, technology against technology, blaster against phaser. In my opinion, that'd be the best (if not only) way to make it a fair fight.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~vilstrup
hmm, wonder what would happen if the Death Star met contact?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Oct 26 2008 on  02:42 AM
I actually think jedi472's idea was a good one. Have the battle take place Force- and Q-free. That way, it's only fleet against fleet, technology against technology, blaster against phaser. In my opinion, that'd be the best (if not only) way to make it a fair fight.
Yes, I agree.  That would be the most fair.  Maybe some bad guys vs bad guys,  Romulans and / or Klingons vs the empire.  For one type of battle.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Now, I don't really know the firepower of the Klingon fleet, but an imperial fleet of Star Destroyers would make a very hard punch. Plus, if you think about the support ships, Victory-class destroyers, Nebulon B-frigates, Tartan patrol cruisers, accelrator cruisers, and the early Reublic assault cruiser and a lot of other types, that only adds to the firepower. And don't forget the thounsands, and thounsands of TIE fighters.

So for me, it dosen't seem like the Klingons would have much of a chance, unless they've got heavey firepower and shielding.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vilstrup,Oct 26 2008 on  06:19 AM
Now, I don't really know the firepower of the Klingon fleet, but an imperial fleet of Star Destroyers would make a very hard punch. Plus, if you think about the support ships, Victory-class destroyers, Nebulon B-frigates, Tartan patrol cruisers, accelrator cruisers, and the early Reublic assault cruiser and a lot of other types, that only adds to the firepower. And don't forget the thounsands, and thounsands of TIE fighters.

So for me, it dosen't seem like the Klingons would have much of a chance, unless they've got heavey firepower and shielding.
They had help from a jedi so that's why they won. Cause the jedi destroyed just about everything on the bridge so the star destroyer had it's shields down.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile
They had help from a jedi so that's why they won. Cause the jedi destroyed just about everything on the bridge so the star destroyer had it's shields down.

¯mm, Raptor, I wasn't talking about the youtube movie, though that gives a pretty good idea of how a battle between the Klingon Imperial fleet and the Galactic Imperial Navy would be like.

I was talking more about the idea of tecnhology vs technology battle. No Force, or anything else.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Vilstrup,Oct 26 2008 on  09:51 AM

¯mm, Raptor, I wasn't talking about the youtube movie, though that gives a pretty good idea of how a battle between the Klingon Imperial fleet and the Galactic Imperial Navy would be like.

I was talking more about the idea of tecnhology vs technology battle. No Force, or anything else.
I thought you were talking about the movie.

Vilstrup

• Petrie
    • View Profile

I thought you were talking about the movie.

I should had but it in quote, I can see

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Apprentice himself would assassinate everybody and everything on the Enterprise alone, even without the Force. And on that subject, Lightsaber beats just about any weapon in my opinion.