The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Case Closed: The Phantom of Baker Street

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFZSlzIbHT4

The trailer for the 6th (and currently the last) Detective Conan movie getting an English dub!

Having already watched the original subbed version, here's my thoughts:

I really liked how this was much more dark than most CC/DC episodes and movies (A major plot point is about how a young child genius killed himself). The virtual reality Sherlock Holmes world was very fitting for Conan being a Holmes freak, and even though there isn't much of a mystery this time (We know who the killer is from the beginning), the action and the drama made up for it.

Fun fact: The original Japanese version of the movie was actually written by a now-dead acclaimed Japanese screenplay writer.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does look interesting.  An interesting way to get a setting set in Sherlock Holme's time and not use time travel.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The dubbers aren't wasting any time in getting a Holmes related Detective Canon film over here in the wake of a new Sherlock Holmes movie, eh? Can't say I blame them. I may look into this, since I do enjoy Detective Canon.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
And now, in the latest case in the manga, Conan, Richard, and Rachel (Using their US names), flat out go to London in reality now!

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I hope we get some more Black Organization chapters soon. They're my favorite characters in Case Closed! And I really want to know who Bourbon and Anokata are.

I read somewhere that Anokata's silhouette was shown at some point in the manga. What chapter was it? Because I just skipped around to the chapters that advanced the story.