The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Whatcha playin'?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's start of the new year, which means it's time for me to finally get started on all those Lego games. (I'll be playing only two days per week, so it'll probably take me over a month to complete each game, and with well over a dozen games to go through, it's fair to say that I'll be quite busy for a while.)

First up; LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - the Video Game

I've only just started playing today, but I'm already liking it so far. I'll share my thoughts on it once I've finished the game and reached 100% completion.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:56:17 PM by The Chronicler »

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean last week. Overall, I really liked this game. In many ways, it's a rather small and quick game like the Lego Movie Videogame, and although I did need a little help from a guide to find some of the bonus items, everything was rather easy to accomplish once I figured out where to go and what to do. The only real frustration I had was due to some occasional glitches, but they were rare and unlikely to be repeated. In fact, this is a game that I would love to eventually come back to and play through all over again, which is high praise from me on a Lego video game. However, I've still got a lot of other Lego games to try, so it may be a while before I can come back to this one.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Harry Potter - Years 1-4.

I've got this and the other Harry Potter Lego game early on my list because I've anticipated that I won't like them very much, so I'm essentially just trying to get them out of the way so I can move on to the better games. Not to mention, I've heard that both of the Harry Potter games have some of the most notorious glitches of all the Lego games, so I'm really hoping I can avoid that kind of trouble. I just started playing today and things seem to be okay so far, but of course the only way to be sure is to simply complete the game, so I'm hoping it won't take me too long to accomplish that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:46:45 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
TALOS PRINCIPLE
again-again...
It's time to finish it, after 3 years...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:46:59 PM by Sneak »

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Been playing Ark: Survival Evolved for about 4 days now. I'm hoping to pick up Horizon: Zero Dawn soon as well.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was playing Seaworthy earlier, Action9000's board game :D
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 last week. To put it simply, I'm not impressed at all. First off, it doesn't allow me to actively save the game whenever I want to; it only autosaves whenever I accomplish something like complete a level or collect a bonus item, so that really restricts where I could find a good stopping point for the day. Also, in order to obtain all the character abilities I would need to complete the game, even with the help of a guide, I still had to really figure out where I could unlock such characters. As a result, while in other Lego games you could play each and every level a minimum of twice (once in story mode and once in freeplay mode), in this one I had to play some levels three times just to unlock the characters I'd need to access other areas. Switching between characters is also ridiculously difficult, so if you don't enter certain rooms with the right characters already selected, then you're pretty much going to end up trapped in there with no way out. And don't even get me started on how frequently this game crashed on me. Although I'm pleased to say that I did indeed successfully reach 100% game completion, the fact that there are certain points where it had a potential to become technically impossible to do so is just unacceptable. I would even go so far as to say that it was thanks to my OCD that I was able to make sure I could be very careful to avoid the issues that might've made the game impossible to complete. It took me more than 50 hours to complete the game, so if anything had happened at a later point that would've forced me to restart from the very beginning, well that would've been just absolutely infuriating, so I'm really glad it didn't happen to me (this time, at least). Needless to say, this is one Lego game that I won't be interested in ever playing again.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Harry Potter - Years 5-7.

Since this is the other Harry Potter Lego game, I'm anticipating that it will also be not that great. I started playing it today and first impressions are that maybe a few issues from the previous game may have actually been dealt with for this later game. Of course, the only way I'll ever know for sure is to simply play through the whole thing and see for myself what it's really like.

- Berix

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I finished LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 last week. This one thankfully didn't turn out quite as bad as the previous game, though it's still one I'm unlikely to ever play again. There were definitely some improvements compared to the previous game, such as no situations where a minor mistake could leave you trapped, which means no fear of having to completely restart from the very beginning. Switching between characters is a little easier than in the previous game, though still not nearly as easy as in the other Lego games I've played so far. And unfortunately, the system of unlocking new characters is just as problematic as with the previous game, though at least many of the necessary ones for reaching new areas are a bit easier to find and obtain in this game. I was able to reach 100% completion in the same amount of gameplay time as it took me with the previous game. Although I seriously doubt any other Lego game will be as bad as Harry Potter Years 1-4, the fact that Years 5-7 uses many of the same questionable mechanics means that I'd have to rank it as my second least favorite of all Lego games. Overall, this game definitely had some serious improvements compared to the previous game, but it just wasn't enough to really satisfy me.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures.

This is the second oldest game on my list, so I'm sure there will probably be a number of things that will make this one seem not quite as refined as later games, but I seriously doubt it'll be quite as bad as the Harry Potter games were. Based on my first impressions after I started playing today, this could turn out to be a rather small and simple game like Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'm hopeful that it won't take me long to complete this game.

- Berix

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: The Chronicler on Jan 4 2018, 10:55:37 PM
It's start of the new year, which means it's time for me to finally get started on all those Lego games. (I'll be playing only two days per week, so it'll probably take me over a month to complete each game, and with well over a dozen games to go through, it's fair to say that I'll be quite busy for a while.)

First up; LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - the Video Game

I've only just started playing today, but I'm already liking it so far. I'll share my thoughts on it once I've finished the game and reached 100% completion.
I used to play those games a LOT. I had and beat LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, Lego Batman 1/2/3, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 and 2 (2 is awesome), LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and 5-7, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, LEGO Movie Video Game, and most recently, LEGO Jurassic World (which is high on my favorites list). Haven't played many of the recent ones, like Ninjago, Avengers or Marvel Super Heroes 2.

I'd say that all of them are really well done; you just feel satisfaction whenever you buy stuff with the studs, and when you reach 100% completion.

Next on my list of Lego games to play; LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures.

This is the second oldest game on my list, so I'm sure there will probably be a number of things that will make this one seem not quite as refined as later games, but I seriously doubt it'll be quite as bad as the Harry Potter games were. Based on my first impressions after I started playing today, this could turn out to be a rather small and simple game like Pirates of the Caribbean, so I'm hopeful that it won't take me long to complete this game.

Oh yeah, that one is kinda small. There's this one level in the Temple of Doom part of the game that takes literally forever though.
I'd say Indiana Jones 2 is a lot better, since it feels newer and has a level editor, something that was in Harry Potter Years 1-4 as well (after that game it was removed though, bummer).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:37:38 PM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypno on May 3 2018, 09:27:42 PM
I used to play those games a LOT. I had and beat LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, Lego Batman 1/2/3, LEGO Indiana Jones 1 and 2 (2 is awesome), LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and 5-7, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, LEGO Movie Video Game, and most recently, LEGO Jurassic World (which is high on my favorites list). Haven't played many of the recent ones, like Ninjago, Avengers or Marvel Super Heroes 2.

I'd say that all of them are really well done; you just feel satisfaction whenever you buy stuff with the studs, and when you reach 100% completion.
I've got a list of all the Lego games I could possibly get on Steam, and interestingly enough, you managed to identify nearly all of them. The only ones you did not mention are Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lego Worlds, and Lego City Undercover. (That last one is the one Lego game that I'm especially excited to eventually play.) Even more interesting, the recent ones you say you have not yet played are also the ones that I have not yet purchased. (It's very tempting to wait until Steam offers sales for up to 75% off, which is how I got my copies of most of these games for as little as $5 each.) Considering that I've got ten years worth of Lego games to catch up on, I'm sure I'll end up purchasing some of the newer ones by the time I eventually finish the older ones.

Either way, I'm glad to see that there's at least one other person here who's very familiar with (and enjoyed playing) the games that I'm playing through these days.

- Berix

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Stronghold Crusader Extreme
ScorcHed 3D
...and some more

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just Stronghold Crusader is my first PC RTS (my fav genre).
Though I never played Extreme.

*watches Ducky's forum bumps*
Yes! My evil plan has finally worked!!! >:D
</offtop>

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Extreme is like...

you don't really need to build units, they just spawn in camps. Created a pretty awesome own map. Me (mostly using knights) and 6 AIs with smaller amounts of units vs one super strong AI with various sorts of troops... in that game I discovered that there's a limit of 10000 troops (it won't spawn more than that) and that it might very well crash the game ot make it lag :D

Should totally record some game play :P

/offtop: I was bored during class so... :P

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Playing Castlvania: Symphony of the Night again. This time going through on Richter mode.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am about to start my 3rd playthrough of Horizon: Zero Dawn. I love the game! The story it tells, the characters and their voice actors, and the world it builds are enough to make me overlook the flaws it has.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile