The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Merry Christmas GOFers

Petrie. · 31 · 3097

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I refuse to say the Happy Holidays line.  Let's remember the celebration we are truly celebrating here. ;)

From my family to yours, be merry, safe, and enjoy the company of those around you whom you cherish.

I leave you this holiday season with a Disney song that I feel captures the mood of the season as it should be: "A Gift of Love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9ZEqhwHoY

Merry Christmas everyone!
Adam

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I prefer the phrase "Happy Holidays" because it shows greater tolerance, respect, and acceptance of the other holidays celebrated around this time. :p Christmas is not the only holiday celebrated around this time. I would prefer to include everyone with the happy holidays phrase than to exclude everyone that doesn't celebrate Christmas with the merry christmas line.

Happy Holidays!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
You all know my stand in matters religious, but I don't think I am discriminating against anyone and certainly I don't intend to and hope that it won't be perceived as such when I say:
Merry Christmas
Feliz Navidad
Joyeux No”l
Frˆhliche Weihnachten
Wesołych Świąt i Do Siego Roku
Selamat Natal

All the best to all of you  :)

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^
I only understood the last one. :lol Though I do know they all mean 'merry christmas'. :p

But yeah, happy holidays everyone. And Merry Christmas to those who are celebrating. ;)

...you know the title doesn't sound right when you pronounce it literally - "GOFers". That's like... gophers. Lol.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Well, Yule already passed, and Kwanza ain't even here yet, so:

Merry Christmas!!!!! :D

I don't really celebrate Christmas and if someone says that to me I don't get offended. :p I'm just glad they acknowledged me.

However, I do see your point DH, regarding acceptance of other religions, holidays and what not. I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with it though.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
A wonderful Merry X-mas to everyone, hug and heart you all :)

kanganix

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My FurAffinity
hey merry X-mass there i hope you all got a nice vacation ^^

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Dec 24 2010 on  11:52 AM
Well, Yule already passed, and Kwanza ain't even here yet, so:

Merry Christmas!!!!! :D

I don't really celebrate Christmas and if someone says that to me I don't get offended. :p I'm just glad they acknowledged me.

However, I do see your point DH, regarding acceptance of other religions, holidays and what not. I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with it though.
So you don't think people should show acceptance to the fact that other people celebrate different holidays (or even none at all)? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
When Chanukah and the solstice was around, I would acknowledge those holidays because that's what was being celebrated. Now that it's almost Christmas time, I say "Merry Christmas". I don't view it as being disrespectful to other people regarding their holidays because Chanukah and the solstice passed. Granted there are other holidays celebrated on Christmas day, in fact if you look at history there is a Greek legend that has Zeus and a mortal woman have a son, who is to be "The Son of God". Christmas is more well known in our western culture, and with  Christians and other people who celebrate Christmas I'm going to acknowledge them and give them the respect they deserve.

So on that note, Merry non-pc Christmas. :yes

If you still have any questions about what I said, feel free to pm me or we can talk in the religion topic in the AM.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do hope folks have a merry time, what ever sort of thing they may celebrate or do around this time of year.

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't celebrate Christmas but that doesn't mean I won't enjoy my Christmas vacation and my Linus and Lucy music
 :)

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone! hope you all have a good holiday.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Campion1,Dec 25 2010 on  01:10 AM
happy giving day
I love your posts, lol.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
My family and I celebrate Christmas, but not religiously. I guess I would describe it as a day of family bonding for us. “Merry Christmas” has long been my default expression for conveying well-wishes and seasonal cheer, and it was only a few years ago that I learned that it could be taken as offensive (or at least insensitive). :oops

Anyhoo, happy holidays, merry Christmas, and (insert season-specific greeting of choice) to The Gang Of Five! :smile :p :lol :DD :angel

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.